BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Away shirts

You can't possibly hate it more than I do.

Blue and White halves every game unless there is a clash.

All about people making money from fans. Last away shirt I bought was red  and black with Shearer on the back. Never been one I liked since. Hate that grey one. Hate that blue 3rd kit even more.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 6

I dont understand the commercial angle to the 3rd strip. They only released it as the season was starting and only had extremely limited stock to sell. So even if it had been the most popular away shirt in history it wouldn't have sold many units.

Our shirts have been awful for years.

Some kind of commercial argument for making them ‘different’. I’m not in marketing but surely it would be more commercially sensible to not make them shit...? :unsure: 

• Like 3

i do agree that the current away strip is wretched, and also that it's sad the club seem so desperate for cash that they will drop the traditional strip at every chance they get.

however one thing i do like is that both the away and third strips have a sort of faux-halved design going on with the patterns.  i wouldn't mind that being something we do with future away kits.

The red & black halved shirt is definitely the best one in my living memory.

I wouldn't be averse to having different colour options, but the halves are our trademark and should be used for both home & away.

Other than the red & black mentioned previously, the yellow and black (similar to Watford's this season but halved on the back as well), or maybe dark green & black - I'm sure I've seen this somewhere this season , would we acceptable options for me:

Also quite like this one as another option with Navy rather than black.

Cagliari 2018-19 Macron Home Kit

• Like 4

20 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The best away Shirt was the Red and Black Halves as worn by Cruz et al,looked very classy.

EB5FCADC-D6F6-DB0A-7E22F557E88C673B.jpg

A Halved Shirt is synonymous with the long and proud history of the Rovers.:brfc:

By some distance our best away kit.

And they didn’t put the one pictured on sale. :wacko:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

By some distance our best away kit.

And they didn’t put the one pictured on sale. :wacko:

I prefer the black and red stripes shirt from a couple of seasons ago. 

I like this season's away kit as it is different. 

Next season home and away shirt would have been picked 6 or 7 months ago. Going off past reports. 

Anything mention at the fans forum meeting? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

My rules for away kits: 

1) Play in the blue and white halves whenever we can. That's what we are famous for. 

2) Connect the away kit to Rovers in some way. For example the red and black halves, or the thin blue and white lines down the centre of a kit (a dark blue one I recall, but it's the blue and white lines on it I really like), or a blue and white trim. Show that it links to us. 

3) Don't make the kit itself blue or white. If we need a third kit because the second kit also clashes, the away kit isn't doing its job.  

4) Don't have a third kit full stop. It's just a money grabbing exercise. 

5) Keep each kit for at least 2 years. I remember there was an outcry when kits were changed regularly when I was a lad. Heck I remember watching Football Focus and there was a segment on the teams that had changed their kits this season, it used to be such a rarity. Manure were mocked for it for shameless marketing. Now everyone does it. Away kits for 2 years minimum, home for at least 3 (or 4).   

6) No absolutely hideous, stupid kits. The Euros keeper one and the Everton pink one spring to mind first of all. I'm sure there are a ton more. But let's not have any explosions in paint factories. 

Simples.   

• Like 2

It's time the club commanded respect for itself and its supporters. We are Blackburn Rovers. We will play in our home kit whenever we can, changing the shorts to blue if necessary. If we need a change, red and black (or navy) halves with red or black/navy shorts should be it.

Our owners are multi-billionaires and we needn't rely on shirt sponsors to dictate to us. Our pride and integrity must rise above marketing desires.

N.B. I use the term "halves" because everyone else does. I still refer to our shirts as "quarters". A shirt cannot be divided into four halves. ?

• Like 3