BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Away shirts

On 10/03/2020 at 17:39, Mattyblue said:

A commercial decision pure and simple.

I've ALWAYS thought that our away kit should be halved too. 

No better branding than turning on the tv (when we're on....), seeing a team in halves and thinking "oh, that's probably Blackburn Rovers". Just alternate the colours every year. 

• Like 2

On 17/03/2020 at 09:50, renrag said:

It depends what you call traditional. For years, before it became fashionable to have new designs every season or two, the Rovers change colours were plain red shirts and white shorts. 

True, when I started going in 1966, our away colours were as you mention and with red socks. We used red as the colour for our away shirts for a fair few years before we first switched to yellow.

On 11/03/2020 at 17:38, Mattyblue said:

Does it rile anybody else when you see clubs like Watford with halved shirts?

Our heritage, fuck off!

Nah. I just think, "Ah bless; how sad to be a club so desperate to jump on the coat-tails of the famous Blackburn Rovers".

• Like 1

On 11/03/2020 at 21:01, Blue blood said:

My rules for away kits: 

1) Play in the blue and white halves whenever we can. That's what we are famous for. 

2) Connect the away kit to Rovers in some way. For example the red and black halves, or the thin blue and white lines down the centre of a kit (a dark blue one I recall, but it's the blue and white lines on it I really like), or a blue and white trim. Show that it links to us. 

3) Don't make the kit itself blue or white. If we need a third kit because the second kit also clashes, the away kit isn't doing its job.  

4) Don't have a third kit full stop. It's just a money grabbing exercise. 

5) Keep each kit for at least 2 years. I remember there was an outcry when kits were changed regularly when I was a lad. Heck I remember watching Football Focus and there was a segment on the teams that had changed their kits this season, it used to be such a rarity. Manure were mocked for it for shameless marketing. Now everyone does it. Away kits for 2 years minimum, home for at least 3 (or 4).   

6) No absolutely hideous, stupid kits. The Euros keeper one and the Everton pink one spring to mind first of all. I'm sure there are a ton more. But let's not have any explosions in paint factories. 

Simples.   

Yes, indeed.

1] If we're playing away to a team, e.g. Charlton Athletic, whose red 'Home' shirt doesn't clash with the famous Blue & white halves, then those famous Blue & white halves should be worn. They're our trademark.

2] If we're playing a team whose 'Home' shirts have either Blue, or White as a main colour then the Red & Black halved shirt should be worn.

3] I'm less sure about this one. I quite like the very dark blue on the 'second' away shirt. But I also quite like the "Graham Greene" away shirt.

4] At a time when the country's in completely very uncharted territory nationally and financially, it seems a totally money-grubbing exercise to have 2 'away' shirts.

With what do our owners want to be associated: a celebrated, Historic club - one of the most famous and historic in the whole country; or a tawdry money-grubbing exercise dragging the name of one of the country's - not just Lancashire's - most Historic clubs into the mire?

5] Not sure what happened with this one, but I'm sure Blue blood's right!?

6] Couldn't agree more!!

• 4 weeks later...