BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

48 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I am appalled that the riches of the PL are not being disseminated down to employees, who are now being expected to be furloughed out. Big team player's abroad are taking pay cuts.....I understand contracts, but player's on £100,000 a week, surely can live on £50,000 a week for a short time? I know so many folk struggling on next to nothing, and are scared shitless about their short term future. I think the PL should be trailblazer's, not asking for handouts!

nice to see the big boys want to keep their noses in the troughand the rest of society can go to hell.`The football family ` is not going to come out of this looking very good,.i would not mind but a 25% reduction is not that much when they took the savings on 45% tax they wouldt have to pay on it, and all they want is a deferal i am sure there are plenty of us mere mortals who would just like a deferal of wages not loss of job.

there rant over.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

National league and National Leagues north and south suspended Indefinitely.

My hometown club, York City currently sit top of the National League North. Be Interesting to see what happens here, they already Null and Voided the leagues below, how can they do any different here (or anywhere else)?

Could be good news for my local team Chorley,they were certain to go down but this could give them a lifeline.To be honest i think getting relegated is what should happen to them.National League North is the level they should be at,they havent got the crowds or a benefactor to challenge the teams in the National League.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Mike Ashley is a reptile, lower than a snake’s belly, asking for Government help for his lower employees. What a twat whilst he retires to his semi-detached, in lower council house town.

He also said Sports Direct should be allowed to stay open as the country needed its sports equipment to stay healthy,nice try Mike.

8 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He also said Sports Direct should be allowed to stay open as the country needed its sports equipment to stay healthy,nice try Mike.

What would be the point? Everybody is locked down, he'd be laying out for staff, utilities, etc and nobody coming into the shop. ?

Edited by Sparks Rover

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What would be the point? Everybody is locked down, he'd be laying out for staff, utilities, etc and nobody coming into the shop. ?

I think his thinking was with Gyms closed people would rush to his stores to buy gym equipment to use at home. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

This is an interesting idea. Probably fair.

Assume the same points per game ratio and forget the play-offs.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/fa-sent-new-proposal-would-18011122

I don’t quite understand the ‘no relegation’ bit though.

Most of it is sound but being churlish I think it’s ridiculously unfair  if Bolton get a reprieve.

After all if they had any sort of points deduction as they should have they would have been mathematically down already

As a minimum they need to be starting league one next season with the 12 points deducted 

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Most of it is sound but being churlish I think it’s ridiculously unfair  if Bolton get a reprieve.

After all if they had any sort of points deduction as they should have they would have been mathematically down already

As a minimum they need to be starting league one next season with the 12 points deducted 

I agree. Relegations still need to happen but on the points per game ratio (and including any deductions).

Liverpool were going to win the PL. Bolton were going to be relegated. If the season resumed in January and next season was quashed (which would actually be more financially disastrous for clubs) then these two events would happen. Any mathematical substitute shouldn’t change this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8177615/Pay-cut-stand-Agents-PFA-advise-stars-against-wages-sacrifice.html

Twats like Taylor aren't in the real world. He doesn't realise that the long term damage will be irreparable to many of his members and his comments will turn more away from football as we see families desperately struggling in the current situation. 

I sincerely hope that when football eventually returns it will signal the start of a sanitisation of what has become an ogre.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8177615/Pay-cut-stand-Agents-PFA-advise-stars-against-wages-sacrifice.html

Twats like Taylor aren't in the real world. He doesn't realise that the long term damage will be irreparable to many of his members and his comments will turn more away from football as we see families desperately struggling in the current situation. 

I sincerely hope that when football eventually returns it will signal the start of a sanitisation of what has become an ogre.

Exactly the longer this goes on and I suspect it will be for at least 6 months , football is on the precipice, people will lose interest , there are far more things in life to worry about..

I am told after WW2 , crowds went through the roof , I am not sure that is going to happen in 2021..

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

My thoughts exactly! Hope it gets the bugger out of a job. Read somewhere that along with clubs using the government scheme to furlough non playing staff whilst still paying obscene wages, this could be the biggest PR disaster for the Premier League. 

I kind of hope it is so that football is brought back under control but I doubt that is going to be the case. 

• Like 2

People like  agents, players at the highest level, and The Premier League disgust me. It’s all about them.....their rights, their contracts, their futures.....sod anybody else .

We’ve been saying for years that the top end of football is sick, full of selfish people ....and so it is proven .....still insisting on their rights.....whilst the rest of the country suffers and , sadly in some cases dies. 

The football world has the chance to right it’s wrongs ....do you think it will ?? 
.....I don’t....but, please God when these dark and difficult days are over .....we will have our say.....” We will remember them “.......Thank God for the real people out there..our inspiration......those on the front line at this time ......all underpaid but now massively valued. Top flight football come September???? Who cares !

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bournemouth are a prime example, crowds of 10,000 and they are buying players for £25million and paying a number of them 50/60k a week.

House of cards is apt.

I bet they wish they had taken that £25m for Josh King now.

They are not the only ones though. ??

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Forget struggling, how many family members are going to die!

Which fans are going to be turning out to cheer on their "heroes", after Auntie Ethel has suffered a painful death. All whilst these greedy twats have been sat in their mansions counting up the pennies like Scrooge McDuck.

It should be very easy to sort for me. Just set some parameters and blanket apply them:

Example- everyone in the top 2 leagues who earns over 10k per week to take an immediate 50% pay cut for 3 months. The money to be used to support non playing staff, the lower league clubs, and local charities/initiatives.

Then review it after 3 months.

If you're on half a million pound a year, you can afford it. 

Turn a negative into a positive. 

Hope something like this comes out on Friday.

Anything short of that could do irreparable damage as you've said. 

Football "community" my arse. Feels more like us and them. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Belgium the first league to break ranks with UEFA .. ..Season cancelled ..Club Brugge crowned Champions ..no Relegation ..Two clubs promoted .

They did however have only 1 match left to play in the season before any play offs

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Forget struggling, how many family members are going to die!

Which fans are going to be turning out to cheer on their "heroes", after Auntie Ethel has suffered a painful death. All whilst these greedy twats have been sat in their mansions counting up the pennies like Scrooge McDuck.

It should be very easy to sort for me. Just set some parameters and blanket apply them:

Example- everyone in the top 2 leagues who earns over 10k per week to take an immediate 50% pay cut for 3 months. The money to be used to support non playing staff, the lower league clubs, and local charities/initiatives.

Then review it after 3 months.

If you're on half a million pound a year, you can afford it. 

Turn a negative into a positive. 

Hope something like this comes out on Friday.

Anything short of that could do irreparable damage as you've said. 

Football "community" my arse. Feels more like us and them. 

Difficult to argue with any of that Silas.

• Like 1