BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

2 hours ago, Silas said:

So Barca players all take a 70% pay cut, and our mob manage to stretch to 30%. 

Well bravo lads..... seriously....take a bow....

giphy.gif

Hopefully the top divisions will commit financial suicide and football will start again from scratch on a level playing field.

Of course the reality is that it will be the small clubs who suffer and the gravy train will tumble on.

• Like 4

Looking like the Belgian league will be scrapped, with Club Brugge champions having a 15 point lead. Bodes well for Liverpool-sterisk.

Meanwhile Waasland-Beveren are set to be relegated despite being 2 points behind second bottom team KV Oostende with one match left.

Oostende’s final game was to be away to Brugge, while Waasland-Beveren were at home in a must win game over second placed Gent.

Somehow they can’t find a way to play 8 fixtures before the end of June. Not 8 sets of games, 8 individual matches. :wacko:

Absolutely zero chance of English leagues being completed. Let the recriminations and legal battles commence.

• Moderation Lead
16 hours ago, Silas said:

So Barca players all take a 70% pay cut, and our mob manage to stretch to 30%. 

Well bravo lads..... seriously....take a bow....

giphy.gif

Lockdown is hard enough without seeing that whopper’s face. Come on Silas mate!

• Like 3

• Backroom
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Lockdown is hard enough without seeing that whopper’s face. Come on Silas mate!

No worries K-Hod, next time I'll post someone to try cheer you up. ?

Now then, I've got Chris Evans, Chris Moyles, or Piers Morgan. 

Any preferences? 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Silas said:

No worries K-Hod, next time I'll post someone to try cheer you up. ?

Now then, I've got Chris Evans, Chris Moyles, or Piers Morgan. 

Any preferences? 

I’d rather brush my teeth with barbed wire than see any of their faces more often than I have to.

Chris Moyles is only very slightly the best of a bad bunch from those for me....

Our friends down the road have admitted they face a £50m black hole if the season doesn't finish. £5m from home fixture lost revenue and £45m from TV. If that's how grim it is for a well run club (that isn't nice to say!), then how screwed are everybody else!! They may not be so quick to gloat soon.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’d rather brush my teeth with barbed wire than see any of their faces more often than I have to.

Chris Moyles is only very slightly the best of a bad bunch from those for me....

Oh dear! You've made a grave error of judgment...... ?????

File this one in the dictionary under "mid life crisis"

Are we off topic enough yet?! ??

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Silas said:

Oh dear! You've made a grave error of judgment...... ?????

File this one in the dictionary under "mid life crisis"

Are we off topic enough yet?! ??

I really have ?.

It’s lockdown mate, anything goes, just not him with his chest out!

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Players soon might have no choice in regards to drastic wage chops.

The days of the agent might come to an end as well, silver lining.

It's over, trust me it's over. In its current state this club pays out an extra £34 for every £100 of income how can any fan of any club expect anybody to fund that. Reading FC now hold the unenviable record for the league of paying well over £200 of every £100. The fans are no better off, the clubs are no better off. Clubs cannot afford the wages, clubs cannot expect the answer to be to find somebody new to come in and lose a load more cash, something must change. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Players soon might have no choice in regards to drastic wage chops.

The days of the agent might come to an end as well, silver lining.

When the first indications of no football for some time became apparent a few posters on here predicted that big, but changes were afoot and the gravy train was about to hit the buffers. It's happening and the cull of the legions of hangers-on will be one of the first casualties.

If anything good comes from this wretched, horrible disease it is that football will be brought into the real world and the winners will be the most important people in the game - fans.

• Like 2

With clubs doing stuff like furloughing staff - which means asking tax payers to pay their staff despite being part of an industry worth billions - the spectre of ticket refunds will now be raised.

I was prepared to let them have the cash for the greater good but if Rovers furlough their staff then I want a refund on my season ticket for the games missed.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

With clubs doing stuff like furloughing staff - which means asking tax payers to pay their staff despite being part of an industry worth billions - the spectre of ticket refunds will now be raised.

I was prepared to let them have the cash for the greater good but if Rovers furlough their staff then I want a refund on my season ticket for the games missed.

Burnley CEO has said today that they will run out of money by August. 

PL clubs like Liverpool or Newcastle should not be furlough staff. 

I can understand league 1 and 2 clubs doing it. 

So far Venkys have paid all staff their wages. 

But PL players should reduced their wages now by 30 to 50%. 

Isn’t the furlough scheme for companies that can’t afford to maintain their workforce? That surely means that they cannot afford to keep their workers on and would normally have to let them go? 

if a club like Liverpool can’t afford to pay all their employees for a few months then football is in big trouble. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley CEO has said today that they will run out of money by August. 

PL clubs like Liverpool or Newcastle should not be furlough staff. 

I can understand league 1 and 2 clubs doing it. 

So far Venkys have paid all staff their wages. 

But PL players should reduced their wages now by 30 to 50%. 

What are people who have lost jobs and businesses going to do if this goes on much longer? My sympathy for PL clubs does not go very far I’m afraid.

“Poor old” Burnley will have to get a facility in place from the bank against next year’s earnings. They aren’t getting relegated so they have to take on debt like every other club. They are in a better position than most as one of very few clubs making money in this industry.

Just now, Stuart said:

What are people who have lost jobs and businesses going to do if this goes on much longer? My sympathy for PL clubs does not go very far I’m afraid.

“Poor old” Burnley will have to get a facility in place from the bank against next year’s earnings. They aren’t getting relegated so they have to take on debt like every other club. They are in a better position than most as one of very few clubs making money in this industry.

Stuart I agree. Premier League clubs should be able to afford their normal staff wages. 

I don't know how Burnley don't have enough money to go past August. Strange comment. Where all the money gone

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Probably the most feeble excuse I have seen for a long time. Quite frankly they have brought scorn and shame on their organisation and likely the wider football world.

I would seriously like to see millions of subscribers closing their Sky Sports package and put fat cats like Taylor out of work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

I might be wrong, but in the T&C's of a season ticket purchase, I don't think it guarantees a set amount if games to be valid for, just a guarantee for all games played in the season. So if the season does become void, we have had all our games this season. Obviously opens up questions if they are played behind closed doors though.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Probably the most feeble excuse I have seen for a long time. Quite frankly they have brought scorn and shame on their organisation and likely the wider football world.

I would seriously like to see millions of subscribers closing their Sky Sports package and put fat cats like Taylor out of work.

Danny Rose, a spokesman for PL players? Well that's them truly fucked.