BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody willing to have a bet on the date of the next " normal " game at Ewood ? IE with all fans from both teams allowed to attend freely. I'd say it won't be in 2020.

I think you may be right. I’d take tevlevised games til Xmas behind closed doors right now just to have something to watch, do and talk about. I’m going insane.

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody willing to have a bet on the date of the next " normal " game at Ewood ? IE with all fans from both teams allowed to attend freely. I'd say it won't be in 2020.

Well, the 1918 Flu pandemic ran for 3 years with a slower worldwide spread and infected a quarter of the world population.

This one has spread at the speed of a fast jet.

We all hope that measures being taken contain its spread but I do not expect to see live football in the UK with fans in attendance until late next year at the earliest.

Sorry for a depressing post.

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Ban visiting fans and at Ewood as long as you could arrange social distancing on entry and exit, concourse and toilets it wouldn't really be a problem in the seats.

10 thousand spread around 31k !

Although I appreciate your desperate attempt to get back watching football,I’m afraid that’s a non starter. You have to pass people  by inches getting to your seat. The queues for the toilets/food  would be horrendous. Also, leaving the ground at full time would take forever if you keep to social distancing.  

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well, the 1918 Flu pandemic ran for 3 years with a slower worldwide spread and infected a quarter of the world population.

This one has spread at the speed of a fast jet.

We all hope that measures being taken contain its spread but I do not expect to see live football in the UK with fans in attendance until late next year at the earliest.

Sorry for a depressing post.

Sorry but there’s no chance of that.

Football will be dead if it doesn’t resume by August.

Just now, Stuart said:

Sorry but there’s no chance of that.

Football will be dead if it doesn’t resume by August.

Football is a game of enjoyment. It will survive no matter how long it takes to re-start. Some people might not make another kick-off but there will be plenty who do at all levels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Although I appreciate your desperate attempt to get back watching football,I’m afraid that’s a non starter. You have to pass people  by inches getting to your seat. The queues for the toilets/food  would be horrendous. Also, leaving the ground at full time would take forever if you keep to social distancing.  

It wasn't an entirely serious proposition.

24 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Dave Whelans grandson speaks a lot of sense and hits the nail on the head by simply stating that Championship players are paid too much. And how the he'll can Derby get away with paying Ince's mother £700k for scouting. Is it that she is a conduit for her son's inflated wages so it doesn't count towards P&S? If the football authorities weren't so weak they wouldn't even try such a flagrant breach of the rules.

There is a massive, game changing time coming up and I really think that in the long term football and clubs will be better run. That is the ones that survive the next few months.

• Like 1

It's just going to put too much pressure on next season and ruin that for a start. Injuries, fatigue etc. Clubs being stuck with loads of players they don't want or need because they've had to extend contracts instead of natural pruning or freeing up space for youngsters etc.

In the middle the agents doing the extensions and players who thought they'd be dropping leagues and wages rubbing their hands.

If they aren't going to null and void it they need to come up with something better than cramming loads of games together in summer. Maybe conclude this season Sept to Dec then a short break then a mini season. Everyone plays each other just once but cut down on the promo / relegation spots. One in one out or something.

A ballache yes but something will have to be done otherwise we are heading for full years calenders and summer football every year until it evens itself out. A lot won't like it but should just swallow it temporarily.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Scottish football has been suspended until at least June 10th. For a tinpot league and national association they have been pretty decisive on this. Our leagues and association are so ponderous.

It isn’t restricted to football or even sport Tony. We’ve seen proper leadership up here from pretty much day one, to be fair.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I still don’t think this is the way out of the crisis but a positive of this would be that ifollow would be encouraged to show all the remaining Rovers matches live.

To me next season doesn’t matter as yet; it’s necessary just to complete this season and then plan accordingly after that.

I still think the idea of regional football for one season has some merit.

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Football season could become March to Dec. Not sure how i'd feel about that there's pro's & con's but which would outweigh the other ?

That’s not a dreadful idea but would other Summer sports suffer? E.g. Cricket.