BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

I would literally watch any football behind closed doors or not at this point. I was watching axe throwing championships this morning before I gave my head a wobble and had a word with myself. I’m desperate for any football to start. Might aswell get the season done behind closed doors  as far as I’m concerned then at least teams arnt unfairly punished , there is a modicum if continuity and it’s not eating into future seasons and we will at least have some form of entertainment and something to discuss other than this bloody virus

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We of course have an advantage in having a 32000 seater stadium and only 10000 home fans. Leave every other seat vacant and fill the ground

That could work and you could always bring along a cardboard cut out of whom ever you wanted to sit next to you..

Just now, Ozz said:

There are most likely 25,000 dead, with a 1,000 more a day,  every day, dieing right now in UK. 

Football can wait. 

Very much aware of this (not you figures though) as i am a front line key worker and have to deal and hear the stories at first hand on a daily basis..And of course you are correct Football can certainly wait my talk is just hypothetical with a slight tounge in cheek approach if and when fans at football stadiums return.

• Like 1

Football Without Fans.....

If SKY can sell it and people will watch it they'll be all over it make no mistake. Could be the start of a whole new ball game, games kicking off at 5pm weekday evenings or Saturday morning 10 am.

They want to fill potentially popular viewing slots not stadiums.  News at 10 or Liverpool v Spurs anyone ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

When I watch football I want there to be some atmosphere and background noise. The notion of hearing players voices echoing around an empty stadium just doesn't appeal to me at all. I recently spoke to a couple of ex professionals who said the lack of motivation that empty stadiums would engender would effect the intensity and overall quality of the football. I completely agree with him too having refereed games behind closed doors.

Last thing on my mind would be the atmosphere at this stage cos fans wont be allow in so fans will need adapt for the time being

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Seems pretty obvious to me why people would want to cancel their Sky Sports subscription, when there’s no sport on, to be fair!

People might find that they don’t miss it and let’s not forget that people will struggle financially and Sky TV is a luxury that would be the first to go in many households if they are counting the pennies more closely. 
I wouldn’t want to watch football without crowds either tbh. 
It’s a real shame that they are prioritising football without crowds when fans are the life blood of the game. 

You can currently pause your sky Sports subscription and not pay until live sport comes back on. But still watch sports channels. 

Yes people will struggle financially but people will always need to watch tv especially if they have to stay in more cos of this coronavirus. You have millions of sports fans out there that are missing their sport whilst understanding why this is the case. 

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Football Without Fans.....

If SKY can sell it and people will watch it they'll be all over it make no mistake. Could be the start of a whole new ball game, games kicking off at 5pm weekday evenings or Saturday morning 10 am.

They want to fill potentially popular viewing slots not stadiums.  News at 10 or Liverpool v Spurs anyone ?

Premier League could have 2 games on during the week with kick offs at 6pm and 8.15pm and weekends 4 games a day with kick offs at 12pm, 2.15pm, 5pm and 7.30pm. 

Championship will be exactly the same as it has been. Hopefully with better tv coverage than red button. 

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

What about season ticket holders, or any fans, who do not have Sky?

Irrelevant as far as SKY are concerned but i'm sure clubs will come up with something for ST holders.

Ours might carry a Waggot tax though..... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rigger said:

My plan is to hopefully find a pub in Blackburn that is still open and is showing the Rovers. There I will enjoy a shed full of ale with some like-minded Rovers fans. Remember this is only plan A

If stadiums remained closed due to social distancing why would people be allowed to mingle in pubs?

All EFL clubs have iFollow accounts and there are cameras at every match. They just need to provide free log in details to people who have already paid for tickets and charge for those who haven’t.

The bigger worry (smaller than the risk to life) is that many clubs won’t survive this.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

If stadiums remained closed due to social distancing why would people be allowed to mingle in pubs?

All EFL clubs have iFollow accounts and there are cameras at every match. They just need to provide free log in details to people who have already paid for tickets and charge for those who haven’t.

The bigger worry (smaller than the risk to life) is that many clubs won’t survive this.

I refer you to the part where I say this is my plan A. If I have to make a plan B etc I will

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

I refer you to the part where I say this is my plan A. If I have to make a plan B etc I will

Doesn’t make sense. If the pubs are allowing crowds then so will the stadium. Unless you have no intention of going to Ewood anyway. In which case, fair enough.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Doesn’t make sense. If the pubs are allowing crowds then so will the stadium. Unless you have no intention of going to Ewood anyway. In which case, fair enough.

You know this for a fact? You have gone off topic a little. The original discussion was about what to do if , the games are played behind closed doors. My plan A was my best wish, not what will for certain happen, in that situation.

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

You know this for a fact? You have gone off topic a little. The original discussion was about what to do if , the games are played behind closed doors. My plan A was my best wish, not what will for certain happen, in that situation.

I guess it depends on how the rules are enforced. For your plan A the rule would have to be a ban on gatherings over a certain number but which doesn’t require people to be 2 metres apart. Still seems unlikely.

But personally I would feel safer in an open air stadium than in an enclosed pub.

Maybe the short term need for pubs then is beer gardens with big screens...

37 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What do people think about this plan for next season?

Splitting each league into north & south, and have the relevant clubs meeting at the end of the season to decide promotion, relegation etc.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/championship-blackburn-preston-leeds-united-18117298

Would Bolton start with a points deduction?