BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

Just now, perthblue02 said:

That is one of the reasons why I'm against it.

As for the Australian federal government they don't give a shit they just want the economy back on track and are pushing people to download their 3 million dollar app that does not work so everything can go back to normal ,but as for the Western Australia State government, if they give the go ahead I would be hopeful  considering their actions so far ,that they would have measures in place for the above scenario not to happen.

Im sure the WA state govt would have very good measures in place ..but we re talking about football players here, if anyone is going to flout rules and strict regulations ..its football players. The risk of something going wrong ..whatever the measures in place are simply not worth it. Germanys return already under threat ..because of ..footballers .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8284991/Former-Chelsea-striker-Salomon-Kalou-seen-making-mockery-coronavirus-hygiene-rules.html

Imagine the UK getting the Covid 19 under control then the Italian and Spanish Leagues saying we re sending over 20 teams because we cant risk infection on our own doorstep ..there would be uproar.

If the PL want to take a risk at least do it in their own backyard . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Im sure the WA state govt would have very good measures in place ..but we re talking about football players here, if anyone is going to flout rules and strict regulations ..its football players. The risk of something going wrong ..whatever the measures in place are simply not worth it. Germanys return already under threat ..because of ..footballers .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8284991/Former-Chelsea-striker-Salomon-Kalou-seen-making-mockery-coronavirus-hygiene-rules.html

Imagine the UK getting the Covid 19 under control then the Italian and Spanish Leagues saying we re sending over 20 teams because we cant risk infection on our own doorstep ..there would be uproar.

If the PL want to take a risk at least do it in their own backyard . 

Agree, it is going to be interesting to see what happens with the Rugby League on the East Coast once it gets up and running. I would hope the WA Gov if they are seriously considering the PL thing , will be monitoring it , as it could possibly be the blueprint but on a much larger scale with 20 teams and officials from outside the border instead of one

It does seem at the moment that stringent checks are being carried out, at least one player from the NZ team was stopped from travelling because he had a cough.

Obviously no one can account for human behviour, particular for those involved in sporting codes with a reputation for out of office activities.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely, The Sun talking nonsense again.

I’m missing football as much as anyone else, but it should only restart when it’s safe to do so for players, staff and fans. This health crisis trumps football and it can bloody well wait!

As an aside, I always find it a little odd when links from that rag are shared on a forum, with their previous!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely, The Sun talking nonsense again.

I’m missing football as much as anyone else, but it should only restart when it’s safe to do so for players, staff and fans. This health crisis trumps football and it can bloody well wait!

As an aside, I always find it a little odd when links from that rag are shared on a forum, with their previous!

It's from the Daily Telegraph originally. 

Fans arent going to allow in stadiums for many months to come. Games behind closed doors will happen before that

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's from the Daily Telegraph originally. 

Fans arent going to allow in stadiums for many months to come. Games behind closed doors will happen before that

I know that’s the plan, but it shouldn’t be. 
Football without fans is nothing. 
Anyhow, a lot of the players are scared for their own safety as has been emerging, who could blame them? 
It should be a return to normal, or not at all.

In times of a crisis, people show their true colours and this is one such example.

Money is gazumping the needs of the lifeblood of the game, which is wrong.

Football family, eh?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

A “controlled pause” might be a the way out of this.

There is no vaccine likely until next year, which is at least halfway through the season. This means social distancing will be required for at least another 8-10 months and no crowds at games. So there is plenty of time to spare in between.

Restart the 2019/20 season in February or March 2021 and call it season 2019-21 (2020 is the year that never was for the rest of us anyway) and finish the matches that are currently left.

PL players don’t get paid until the season restarts next year - although their own clubs make sure they aren’t destitute and also pay for their training regimes, contracts are extended by 12 months.

Each PL club and/or Sky/BT puts their money into a big pot which funds the wages and hibernation/maintenance costs for the Championship, L1 and L2 clubs for the intervening period. At a fraction of the cost of their own wages.

Agents (and people like Roy Keane) will fight tooth and nail against this of course because they “deserve” to get paid on their contracts.

It would also mean there would be no season ticket problem as they would be valid for the rescheduled games 

• Like 1

At the moment it seems like the PFA and the Premier league players don't want to risk playing. They are the ones who would halt 'project restart'.  However they will see themselves sitting around for the rest of this year on 70% or 80% of their substantial wages.

However, as more and more players stop getting paid (at all levels), there will become more and more of a clamour from them to play behind closed doors to unlock the TV rights and streaming monies.

Stuart's idea is the best one to try and safeguard football and it's 91 league clubs, but will be fought against by many different parties.

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Stuart's idea is the best one to try and safeguard football and it's 91 league clubs, but will be fought against by many different parties.

@Stuart is one of best idea I've seen so far. Very good idea. 

But you are correct that many different parties wont be in favour of including PFA wont be in favour of players not getting paid for ages, some clubs wont be in favour of it. And UEFA will want PL clubs for their competitions next season. Will they wait? 

I also note UEFA have been silent so far

Agree the parachute money seriously needs looking at, maybe not scrapping but policing properly to make sure it's used for what it was designed for. Most of it goes straight out into pockets like the rest of cash in football.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rigger said:

It would also mean there would be no season ticket problem as they would be valid for the rescheduled games 

Season ticket ? Who's buying a season ticket with the prospect of being locked out potentially for half a season if not more.

And the old one that keeps getting rolled out on here  ."If people stop going they get out of going and find other things to do "..(and thats when footie is available to watch at a reasonable  -ish price but people are bored of the football)..what sort of  fan base will be left when the turnstiles do click open  

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Stuart is one of best idea I've seen so far. Very good idea. 

But you are correct that many different parties wont be in favour of including PFA wont be in favour of players not getting paid for ages, some clubs wont be in favour of it. And UEFA will want PL clubs for their competitions next season. Will they wait? 

I also note UEFA have been silent so far

If the solution is to not pay the players their full wage then it's a non starter. Players are entitled to walk away for free if not paid in full. They ain't going to agree to say a 95% wage cut for 8 months.

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Season ticket ? Who's buying a season ticket with the prospect of being locked out potentially for half a season if not more.

And the old one that keeps getting rolled out on here  ."If people stop going they get out of going and find other things to do "..(and thats when footie is available to watch at a reasonable  -ish price but people are bored of the football)..what sort of  fan base will be left when the turnstiles do click open  

The season tickets that have already been purchased for this season. They would be valid for when the season restarted next year. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

8 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If the solution is to not pay the players their full wage then it's a non starter. Players are entitled to walk away for free if not paid in full. They ain't going to agree to say a 95% wage cut for 8 months.

Walk away to where? There will be no football being played . If they do walk the clubs will save 100% of those wages 

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Walk away to what if all of Europe is shut down due to second wave of the virus? 

Some of our EFL clubs are going to bankrupt and that fans/community without a club shortly without the right financial package. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walk away to what if all of Europe is shut down due to second wave of the virus? 

Some of our EFL clubs are going to bankrupt and that fans/community without a club shortly without the right financial package. 

But the latter rely heavily on gate receipts.

Which they won’t get if there are no fans allowed....

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

That has nothing to do with players taking a pay cut, whilst the league is suspended 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, rigger said:

That has nothing to do with players taking a pay cut, whilst the league is suspended 

You’re right, it doesn’t. But then, Chaddy didn’t mention that and neither did I.....

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You’re right, it doesn’t. But then, Chaddy didn’t mention that and neither did I.....

But the discussion you commented on was with reference to Blackburn End 75s comment about players walking away if they are not paid, even though they are not playing 

28 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yes some are. 

Parry mentions there is 200 million pounds black hole for clubs

Just now, rigger said:

But the discussion you commented on was with reference to Blackburn End 75s comment about players walking away if they are not paid, even though they are not playing 

My point is players have share some of financial burden in this time. That's my point. There is around 1400 players out of contract come end of June with the EFL leagues. So getting the Premier League to help out EFL players would be good thing to ensure vast majority are Footballers next season 

The season should be null and void end of. Talk of playing out this season next year ..how is that even fair ? Teams older players are going to be virtually a year older so could weaken certain teams ..younger players a year older and stronger ..you could have teams looking like completely different sides to how they look now ..even without a transfer window and using the same players. 

Danny Graham in 10 months time anyone ?? So we re a striker down straight away ..

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, rigger said:

Cool. But I was specifically referring to the part of Chaddy’s post. Knew I should have put that in bold...