BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Ibe been flicking through a couple of games . German football is nowt spech , the atmos is strange . Waxing lyrical about Dortmund goal . Looked like he shinned it in 

Must admit, I thought that!

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

I can’t get a stream, what is the game like?

I have no emotional investment in either side so it's hard to get too excited but I'd say the game itself is absolutely fine.

The highly rated Haaland has just scored for Dortmund to put them one up. The players have obviously worked extremely hard on coming up with a socially distanced goal celebration.

Also either the hairdressers are all open in Germany or the players' wives and partners are expert barbers as they all seem to have immaculately coiffeured barnets.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have no emotional investment in either side so it's hard to get too excited but I'd say the game itself is absolutely fine.

The highly rated Haaland has just scored for Dortmund to put them one up. The players have obviously worked extremely hard on coming up with a socially distanced goal celebration.

Also either the hairdressers are all open in Germany or the players' wives and partners are expert barbers as they all seem to have immaculately coiffeured barnets.

I noticed on holtbys insta he is pretty much doing as he pleases 

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Such poise !!! What ???

Haha, aye. He’s missed football that much, he’s getting excited over a goal, bless him.

8 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Such poise !!! What ???

The key to that goal was he made a great run to get into the position to score. Thereafter it doesn't matter if he made perfect contact or not or shinned it in, they all count.

2-0 now, the second was a good move.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The key to that goal was he made a great run to get into the position to score. Thereafter it doesn't matter if he made perfect contact or not or shinned it in, they all count.

2-0 now, the second was a good move.

I agree with all of that about the run but they were making out it was a superb finish , total shinner!!! 
I missed the second goal as I started watching Blackburn Rovers 2008 on Bt3

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Testing alone is going to cost Championship clubs £210k.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18454365.cost-coronavirus-testing-championship-clubs-revealed/

With Rovers having three of their remaining five away matches a considerable distance away I was wondering what the travel arrangements would be. For London games they travel by train and are met by a coach at Euston to take them to the hotel. Normally they book a full first class carriage for players and staff but they would probably need two now. Similarly they would need at least two coaches. I know they have flown to Cardiff in the past on a private charter but now that would probably need two planes given the planes are quite small. For overnight stops they will likely need more rooms for single occupancy rather that sharing. Post match there will be no showers available if the training protocol is to be followed and players will have to turn up at the ground already changed.

All of this would come at a pretty heavy cost.

Forgive me but why would they need two carriages or coaches? If players need to socially distance from each other - let alone the opposition - then this plan is doomed to fail. Are they going to get changed in shifts? Half time team talks on the pitch?

18 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I’d like to draw peoples attention to bt3 , specifically the shirt Berlin are wearing 

As far as I’m concerned, if you’re a Rovers fan, your German team is Hertha. Blue and white home kit, red and black away kit. 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Testing alone is going to cost Championship clubs £210k.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18454365.cost-coronavirus-testing-championship-clubs-revealed/

With Rovers having three of their remaining five away matches a considerable distance away I was wondering what the travel arrangements would be. For London games they travel by train and are met by a coach at Euston to take them to the hotel. Normally they book a full first class carriage for players and staff but they would probably need two now. Similarly they would need at least two coaches. I know they have flown to Cardiff in the past on a private charter but now that would probably need two planes given the planes are quite small. For overnight stops they will likely need more rooms for single occupancy rather that sharing. Post match there will be no showers available if the training protocol is to be followed and players will have to turn up at the ground already changed.

All of this would come at a pretty heavy cost.

If all the players wear masks, and are tested regularly, I would assume that they could carry on with their usual arrangements. 

I think the football authorities are over thinking certain aspects of it all. 

The cost of testing is small beer to what the overall cost of not completing the season would be.

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Forgive me but why would they need two carriages or coaches? If players need to socially distance from each other - let alone the opposition - then this plan is doomed to fail. Are they going to get changed in shifts? Half time team talks on the pitch?

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/help-and-support/coronavirus-travel-information

Avant West Coast are limiting their seating capacity to enable social distancing.

The luxury coach the first team use seats 37 in normal circumstances. Having to distance from each other would roughly halve that. With a playing squad of say 18 plus coaches and medical staff that in my book would necessitate two coaches.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/new-coach-more-than-passes-the-test/

I can't answer your other questions.

22 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

If all the players wear masks, and are tested regularly, I would assume that they could carry on with their usual arrangements. 

I think the football authorities are over thinking certain aspects of it all. 

The cost of testing is small beer to what the overall cost of not completing the season would be.

I don't know what will happen in a few weeks but the training protocol now includes players and staff travelling in separately, arriving already changed and not entering the building, training in small groups and all equipment (balls, cones, hurdles etc) being disinfected. Physios just be in full OLD and only treat soft tissue injuries. There is a multi page document and players are being asked to sign a document to say they are understand and agree to the protocols.

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/help-and-support/coronavirus-travel-information

Avant West Coast are limiting their seating capacity to enable social distancing.

The luxury coach the first team use seats 37 in normal circumstances. Having to distance from each other would roughly halve that. With a playing squad of say 18 plus coaches and medical staff that in my book would necessitate two coaches.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/new-coach-more-than-passes-the-test/

I can't answer your other questions.

That makes sense (I think!) for the general public but not for a group who are effectively in a bubble and need protecting as a whole not from each other.

I fear that pragmatism is dead, and COVID-19 couldn’t have hit a worse generation.

We are going to have to learn to live with this for some time and everyone seems to be on a risk-free mission. They are in for disappointment.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That makes sense (I think!) for the general public but not for a group who are effectively in a bubble and need protecting as a whole not from each other.

I fear that pragmatism is dead, and COVID-19 couldn’t have hit a worse generation.

We are going to have to learn to live with this for some time and everyone seems to be on a risk-free mission. They are in for disappointment.

I haven't seen anything about groups travelling but I guess it's a bridge they will have to cross in the near future.

I think the fear of litigation is driving a number of the current directives where football is concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I haven't seen anything about groups travelling but I guess it's a bridge they will have to cross in the near future.

I think the fear of litigation is driving a number of the current directives where football is concerned.

Fear of Litigation v Fear of losing TV Loot

Match of the Day but only one winner

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Absolutely Stuart. 100%.

I'd even question whether social distancing etc  should even be a thing once you emerge from lockdown, people are referring to it "the new normal". It isn't. It's an extremely abnormal measure to cover an unprecedented situation the worst of which is now over. Either you go back to normal or you dont, I think social distancing should be a courtesy and matter of good etiquette extended wherever possible not an automatic expectation or legal requirement.

Going back to the specific football example the requirement for players to socially distance on a coach is plainly ridiculous. They've all been tested and cleared to play so there's absolutely no need for them to distance between themselves.

• Like 2

As regards the game itself, I thought it was remarkably good. As a televised viewing experience it was no less enjoyable than with a Crowd and if I was watching a Premier League game with someone beating Man Ure I would similarly enjoy it just as much.

If it was Rovers, not sure if I'd enjoy it quite as much as with a crowd, but then again watching on TV with a crowd  isn't as good as being there anyway.

Hope the product here is similar when it comes and not butchered by too many daft Covid related regulations such as the ludicrous idea of looking away when you make a tackle.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hope the product here is similar when it comes and not butchered by too many daft Covid related regulations such as the ludicrous idea of looking away when you make a tackle.

I think this was one of the measures the clubs were advised to take in training, rather than the actual matches themselves.

I've watched a bit of the Bundesliga this afternoon to see what it's like. It wasn't bad for a bit of background noise and something to watch for 10 minutes; I don't really follow the league though so it's difficult to get into and care.

Be interesting when the prem/champ starts to see how they come across on tv and the intensity levels involved.

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As regards the game itself, I thought it was remarkably good. As a televised viewing experience it was no less enjoyable than with a Crowd and if I was watching a Premier League game with someone beating Man Ure I would similarly enjoy it just as much.

If it was Rovers, not sure if I'd enjoy it quite as much as with a crowd, but then again watching on TV with a crowd  isn't as good as being there anyway.

If the last item is taken up, it will show that the decision makers have never played football at any level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I have to agree with this in regards to the UK. Over here in the US there is almost universal acknowledgement that individuals will have to assume some risk until COVID-19 is fully controlled. Britain is trying to legislate a one size fits all approach that is extremely strict and it won't work. 

Footballers will be tested regularly, and will probably have it drilled into them to follow all recommended precautions to keep them safe. There should be no need for extra coaches.

• Like 3