BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely Stuart. 100%.

I'd even question whether social distancing etc  should even be a thing once you emerge from lockdown, people are referring to it "the new normal". It isn't. It's an extremely abnormal measure to cover an unprecedented situation the worst of which is now over. Either you go back to normal or you dont, I think social distancing should be a courtesy and matter of good etiquette extended wherever possible not an automatic expectation or legal requirement.

Going back to the specific football example the requirement for players to socially distance on a coach is plainly ridiculous. They've all been tested and cleared to play so there's absolutely no need for them to distance between themselves.

Something must be up if I'm agreeing with you on a COVID-19 comment.

Footballers will be some of the most tested people in Britain (all paid for by private money too). It seems daft to try and keep them apart as much as possible then let them play a full contact game.

3 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Ibe been flicking through a couple of games . German football is nowt spech , the atmos is strange . Waxing lyrical about Dortmund goal . Looked like he shinned it in 

A bit harsh! I thought it was a fabulous goal. He opened his body up and stroked it in.

10 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

A bit harsh! I thought it was a fabulous goal. He opened his body up and stroked it in.

I’ve watched it a few more times to see if I’m being harsh , he found space brilliantly , opened his body up .... and it pinged off his shin , .... but you have to get yourself in position to ping it off the shin 

just dawned on me what a token measure the celebrations were as there was plenty of contact else where 

I dont know what to make of it really. Obviously there is the novelty of watching live football, a league I wouldnt normally watch much of. I watched the first half of Dortmund, the second half of Leipzig and am now watching Frankfurt v Moenchengladbach and in all 3 games the technical ability and tempo has made all 3 games watchable. That being said,

I think once English football and Rovers come back my reaction is something im unsure of. I suspect that I will struggle to be overly enthused about the chances of us getting an unlikely shot at a play offs in front of an empty stadium anyway, I would almost view the games as friendlies I suspect.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sure I read that it isn’t a legal requirement to socially distance, nothing in the new legislation that can enforce a two metre gap.

I can't remember if we had new legislation in '57 or 68/9. Probably not. I'm still here, amazing.

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sure I read that it isn’t a legal requirement to socially distance, nothing in the new legislation that can enforce a two metre gap.

The magistrates courts up and down the country will end up busier than usual when they finally resume. 

Plenty on threatening/abusive behaviour and assault no doubt.

17 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I’ve watched it a few more times to see if I’m being harsh , he found space brilliantly , opened his body up .... and it pinged off his shin , .... but you have to get yourself in position to ping it off the shin 

just dawned on me what a token measure the celebrations were as there was plenty of contact else where 

He's been having finishing lessons from Jason Roberts, he was good at the " shin shot ".

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

15% false negative 

Meanwhile in Western Australia a state with no current hospital cases of covid. Any team from out of state is required to be quarantined before playing a match. Differing standards of player protection. 

Edited by Rogerb
Add text

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know what to make of it really. Obviously there is the novelty of watching live football, a league I wouldnt normally watch much of. I watched the first half of Dortmund, the second half of Leipzig and am now watching Frankfurt v Moenchengladbach and in all 3 games the technical ability and tempo has made all 3 games watchable. That being said,

I think once English football and Rovers come back my reaction is something im unsure of. I suspect that I will struggle to be overly enthused about the chances of us getting an unlikely shot at a play offs in front of an empty stadium anyway, I would almost view the games as friendlies I suspect.

I want Prem football back. No fans will make watching a different experience but I think that there could be some advantages. One being that you will be able to hear what players are saying to each other. I have a feeling though that it will be fleeting due to all the swearing.

Hearing Mowbray giving Derrick Williams a bollocking for a bad pass a few months back got a good few laughs on here. Imagine a full game of it? 

Edited by speeeeeeedie

I tried to watch a bit of the Bundeslige but couldnt get into it,i switched over to England v Scotland from Euro 96 that is being replayed in full on ITV4.The only time i was ever glad to see aHendry make a mistake was when Gascoigne flicked it over him for the second goal,its always nice to see us beat the Scots even if it isnt live.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Another PL player breaking the lockdown rules

Players seem to be too worried to play but sure as hell don't seem to see a problem about ignoring regulations and going to a party at their mates, crashing their Range Rover into a line of parked cars and fleeing the scene, partying at their house with ladies of questionable repute, or flying to Paris to party with models.

And that's just the ones who were caught.

• Like 3