BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So, you don't respect my point of view, but you are having a go at me for putting forward a differing point of view to Paul?

That's a bit the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

No. In my view flippant isn't disrespectful but 'high handed approach' is.

Having a different view is fine by the way.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are we not a bit behind the curve on this or is it in line with other Clubs?

I'd have thought if we only have 3-4 weeks to prepare, resuming training a week late could make quite a difference.

All clubs to resume training May 25th 

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

They go into two weeks quarantine 

Difficult to manage. If any test positive they go into self isolation for 7 days and they will be tested twice each week with daily health checks.

Looks like club is doing all it can to avoid covid-19, which is what you would expect of all top clubs.

Good look lads, look after yourselves.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don’t believe this 88 seconds thing to be accurate, how can it be?

Lets take Bradley Dack as an example, he gets man marked in most games, now imagine a game has 3 corners for Rovers at a low estimate, each one probably takes 30 seconds where there will be 15-18 men in the box standing their ground then jostling for position; then there’s a man on him every goal kick, throw in and free kick.

88 seconds my ass!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Probably. It was just a guess

I thought I'd heard seven days mentioned in relation to the handful of German players who tested positive and in the event any Premier League players did the same.

That would also tie in with the advice for the rest of the population. Seven days self isolation if you display symptoms, fourteen if anyone in your household does.

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

Lets take Bradley Dack as an example, he gets man marked in most games, now imagine a game has 3 corners for Rovers at a low estimate, each one probably takes 30 seconds where there will be 15-18 men in the box standing their ground then jostling for position; then there’s a man on him every goal kick, throw in and free kick.

88 seconds my ass!

Tired of repeating myself on this, but it doesn't matter how long they spend in close proximity to each other if none of them have the virus.

The next round of testing of the German players will be very instructive as it will show whether more players than you might expect picked up the virus by playing compared to a similar sized sample of their general population.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

88 seconds my ass!

while Tom, if you look at the report it says average 88 seconds per game. Every player is different of course that's why its an Average. 

On 21/05/2020 at 20:10, chaddyrovers said:

@Stuart have a look at this. 

Top-level players are within an infectious distance of each other for an average of only 88 seconds during a match. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8313191/Players-told-turn-faces-away-tackled-Project-Restart-briefing.html

Have you considered the amount of time it takes to arrange a defensive wall and for the striker to take the kick?

You're so desperate for football you believe any nonsense that appears on the web.

Your link doesn't contain any reference to 88 seconds.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rigger said:

I think that you will find that spectators will not be attending games until social distancing is removed by the government.

In which case it's unlikely fans will be in the ground for 18-24 months. Effectively game over.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Herein lies the problem.

People have to get it out of their heads that restrictions and social distancing are the norm.

They are not.

Why?

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Dear me Paul, you will be struggling if you take such a high handed approach to everyone else. It is not optional not compulsory to re-sanitise your trolley at the supermarket and like the chap you've demonized above I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

I take exactly the opposite viewpoint. Maybe it is temporarily acceptable to be OCD and wash your hands 25 times a day whilst the virus is still about but in the long run it will be desperately detrimental to our overall health if everyone insists on living in a totally antiseptic environment. We'll lose all our natural immunity to bacteria and infection.

The difficulty I have is some of your posts suggest you don't believe the advice the population is being given. This makes your actions, or lack of them, a danger to others around you.

I've demonized no one, I'm not OCD and I don't wash my hands 25 times a day. I do though take precautions to avoid becoming infected with a virus which could kill me. I don't live in fear, my life is basically the same except I have made decisions about things I will no longer do.

One of these is to be close to people in a football crowd who may not have sufficient responsibility to attempt to avoid spreading Covid-19. We all have a responsibility to ourselves, our social circle and society in general - I take this very seriously. Some do, some don't.

As an aside our basic immunity to many diseases and illness is developed in childhood. It has nothing whatsoever to do with hand washing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

Have you considered the amount of time it takes to arrange a defensive wall and for the striker to take the kick?

You're so desperate for football you believe any nonsense that appears on the web.

Your link doesn't contain any reference to 88 seconds.

Well firstly Paul, it isnt my report is it? 

Football is coming back. It will be TV sport until We can resume attending games. But like most sports I watch anyway like test cricket, NBA, golf or F1 or other football games. You may not watch any of them but alot of fans do. 

You say my link doesn't contain any reference to 88 seconds? Suggest you take a proper look but here is 88 seconds reference in the link

Screenshot_20200522-212602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Weren't you (correctly) arguing last weekend that it was ridiculous that footballers in an artificially created bubble should have to social distance  between themselves on a team coach and that the virus couldn't have have happened to a worse generation?

So if you (correctly) think it's being overly precious that footballers should have to social distance from one another on the way to the game, why do you now appear to think that it's not safe for the same footballers (who have all been tested to within an inch of their lives) to be in close proximity to each other on a football pitch?

Footballers shouldn’t need to socially distance from each other - in much the same way some schools are planning to manage the impossible task of socially distancing 4 and 5 year olds. (Very similar to footballers funnily enough).

Thats a very different argument from thinking footballers should be tested as safe to work before teachers, for example.

I just think football isn’t important enough that it has to go ahead while in the same breath it isn’t safe for spectators to attend - even with PPE.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well firstly Paul, it isnt my report is it? 

Football is coming back. It will be TV sport until We can resume attending games. But like most sports I watch anyway like test cricket, NBA, golf or F1 or other football games. You may not watch any of them but alot of fans do. 

You say my link doesn't contain any reference to 88 seconds? Suggest you take a proper look but here is 88 seconds reference in the link

Screenshot_20200522-212602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apologies I did eventually find that bit about 88 seconds.

It's not my report! Hilarious. You presented the information without comment. At the very least it requires some consideration. You're the one arguing for football to return and should give due thought to the "facts" you present.

Suggesting any footballer is only at risk for an average of 88 seconds is obvious and total nonsense to anyone who has watched any football match.

Why don't you think about what you post?

Edited by Paul
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Apologies I did eventually find that bit about 88 seconds.

It's not my report! Hilarious. You presented the information without comment. At the very least it requires some consideration. You're the one arguing for football to return and should give due thought to the "facts" you present.

Suggesting any footballer is only at risk for an average of 88 seconds is obvious and total nonsense to anyone who has watched any football match.

Why don't you think about what you post?

Finally!

The report was presented by the Premier League to the team captain of each club and PFA. Well if you object to the report good for you Paul. But the report is there. Teams and managers have accept the report and protocols in place otherwise they wouldn't have return to training. Hopefully Rovers will be back on Monday

Football is coming back in this country and will be TV until Christmas. At least it's back in some capacity and fans will have back some sport. You probably wont watch anyway. 

• Like 1