BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Testing completely irrelevant then?

Utterly. It's a snapshot and one which the government are using to mislead people.

I'm OK today.... let's see what tomorrow brings.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

But it is only a test. It doesn’t make you any safer.

So football returning - even behind close doors - isn’t safe?

Ok.

I’m not longer following the pro argument then.

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So football returning - even behind close doors - isn’t safe?

Ok.

I’m not longer following the pro argument then.

No, but what it does, is show who has the virus. They can then be isolated, thus lessoning the chance of them passing on the virus. This should bring the risk down to an acceptable level

Edited by rigger

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Do you think that the lockdown should be completely lifted for the general public on Monday too?

No cos they going back to work as they as they cannot work from home. Plus only going back in small groups of 5 and no facilities inside the training centre will open. Players turn up in their cars and get on straight on training pitches in groups of 5 players 

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If football uses 1600 tests per week then they aren’t available for anyone else. I don’t know how else to say it mate.

If you don’t think more deserving cases are not yet being able to get tested then you aren’t paying attention or don’t have anyone in your family affected (which I’m very happy to hear).

Meanwhile I have family in the care industry still waiting.

Never mind, at least a load of overpaid loafers are ok.

How many times do you need to be told they are private tests that the PL teams and other teams are using? Nothing to do with the NHS tests. Novacty is supplying the NHS and tests centres with Covid-19 test kits. https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+Novacyt+supplying+the+UK+with+covid+19+test+&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-gb&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&plvar=0&refig=8e8889dfd2b64ef78551637149fb8de7&PC=HCTS&sp=-1&pq=is+novacyt+supplying+the+uk+with+covid+19+test+&sc=0-47&qs=n&sk=&cvid=8e8889dfd2b64ef78551637149fb8de7

The PL is using PSC for the Tests for players and staff. So its different companies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rio-ferdinand-coronavirus-tests-testing-premier-league-project-restart-man-utd-2856737%3Famp

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

If the PL think players are only in this range of contact for 88 seconds on average per match they are even more unfit to run the game than I previously believed.

You'd believe any nonsense that's spoon fed to you via a media that relies on brainwashing viewers.

Paul, you keep banging on about the same old thing. Believe what you want Paul. I'm not bothered tbh

They have their report and Most players and managers have got back with a few players who haven't due to their personal stances and reasons

Edited by chaddyrovers

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Utterly. It's a snapshot and one which the government are using to mislead people.

I'm OK today.... let's see what tomorrow brings.

If you're tested once and thereafter ignored maybe, but if you're tested regularly over a period and are negative it's very unlikely you will have the virus when a game is played.

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

But it is only a test. It doesn’t make you any safer.

I think we're generally on the same page about football (and everything in general restarting) but I don't follow you there. It makes it far less likely that they will come into contact with anyone who actually has the virus than if they weren't all tested.

Or would you prefer the wording, "minimises any additional risk there might be from resuming playing over and above that which they incur by going about their every day lives?"

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No cos they going back to work as they as they cannot work from home. Plus only going back in small groups of 5 and no facilities inside the training centre will open. Players turn up in their cars and get on straight on training pitches in groups of 5 players 

How many times do you need to be told they are private tests that the PL teams and other teams are using? Nothing to do with the NHS tests. Novacty is supplying the NHS and tests centres with Covid-19 test kits. https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+Novacyt+supplying+the+UK+with+covid+19+test+&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-gb&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&plvar=0&refig=8e8889dfd2b64ef78551637149fb8de7&PC=HCTS&sp=-1&pq=is+novacyt+supplying+the+uk+with+covid+19+test+&sc=0-47&qs=n&sk=&cvid=8e8889dfd2b64ef78551637149fb8de7

The PL is using PSC for the Tests for players and staff. So its different companies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rio-ferdinand-coronavirus-tests-testing-premier-league-project-restart-man-utd-2856737%3Famp

Paul, you keep banging on about the same old thing. Believe what you want Paul. I'm not bothered tbh

They have their report and Most players and managers have got back with a few players who haven't due to their personal stances and reasons

If the PL didn’t buy PSC stock do you think it would be thrown away?

I find it saddening that some organisations are going out of their way to put money ahead of people.

I just can’t understand why ordinary folk condone such despicable behaviour just because they like football.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I find it saddening that some organisations are going out of their way to put money ahead of people.

I just can’t understand why ordinary folk condone such despicable behaviour just because they like football.

Private company Stuart with based in Hong Kong. You think Famous people haven't got test Privately? 

These are businesses that need to survive by developing tests and medicines cost money. Plus research in different medicines and treatment. Some of these Medicines cost millions of pounds to develop. Aint cheap

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we're generally on the same page about football (and everything in general restarting) but I don't follow you there. It makes it far less likely that they will come into contact with anyone who actually has the virus than if they weren't all tested.

Or would you prefer the wording, "minimises any additional risk there might be from resuming playing over and above that which they incur by going about their every day lives?"

The point I was trying to make is that the testing shows if you have the virus, so that you could be isolated. And thus would not infect others. They do not make you any less likely to get the virus

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

If the tests were available do you not think that there would be a pecking order for being given the tests. I think that members of the royal family, hierarchy and wealthy people, would get tested before us common people 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Private company Stuart with based in Hong Kong. You think Famous people haven't got test Privately? 

These are businesses that need to survive by developing tests and medicines cost money. Plus research in different medicines and treatment. Some of these Medicines cost millions of pounds to develop. Aint cheap

One thing that I would say is that there is a further hint of hypocricy in your arguments when you were so enraged that Piers Morgan took up a test whereas you are staunchly defending footballers taking tests. Ultimately as is usually the case your arguments are flawed based on your personal wants and needs, you dislike Piers Morgan whereas you want to see the football back.

I half watched the Bayern game earlier and in terms of being eventful, Bayern went 3 up, Frankfurt pulled 2 back before Bayern got a further 2. Usually such a game would have people gripped but it was incredibly difficult to see it as anything other than a meaningless training game. Even if Bayern win the league, would it really matter to anyone in the current situation?

Even beyond all of the questions regarding player safety, player welfare/opinions and the morality of testing etc. I do wonder about the longjevity of whether a couple of months down the line, whether the numbers in terms of viewers would be sustainable. When English football returns I suspect there will be some excitement initially but once people tune in to the sanitised product which unfortunately is the only possibility, I suspect that novelty will wear off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing that I would say is that there is a further hint of hypocricy in your arguments when you were so enraged that Piers Morgan took up a test whereas you are staunchly defending footballers taking tests. Ultimately as is usually the case your arguments are flawed based on your personal wants and needs, you dislike Piers Morgan whereas you want to see the football back.

I half watched the Bayern game earlier and in terms of being eventful, Bayern went 3 up, Frankfurt pulled 2 back before Bayern got a further 2. Usually such a game would have people gripped but it was incredibly difficult to see it as anything other than a meaningless training game. Even if Bayern win the league, would it really matter to anyone in the current situation?

Even beyond all of the questions regarding player safety, player welfare/opinions and the morality of testing etc. I do wonder about the longjevity of whether a couple of months down the line, whether the numbers in terms of viewers would be sustainable. When English football returns I suspect there will be some excitement initially but once people tune in to the sanitised product which unfortunately is the only possibility, I suspect that novelty will wear off.

Piers Morgan is a journalist so in my opinion not a key worker. But got a test after showing mild symptoms supposedly..

Whilst PL and EFL are using a different company to the NHS. That was clear when I posted the info to Stuart. How many more times do we need to go over this? 

So no hypocricy has no suggest yet again. 

So will you not watch any English Football when it back on tv or will you be watching it? A simple yes or no will do. 

If you will be watching it arent you hypocricy for saying it shouldn't return already. You are already watching German football 

Bayern's fans will be happy cos they won the league. 

Viewing figures will go up and fans will want to watch their team games. 

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This private company in Hong Kong is making tests. The PL are buying them privately which means they can’t be used by those who actually need them.

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

If the tests were available do you not think that there would be a pecking order for being given the tests. I think that members of the royal family, hierarchy and wealthy people, would get tested before us common people 

This is a global pandemic. There needs to be a united effort to fix it. Starting with vulnerable people who, lets face it, are the only reason we are in lockdown. Meanwhile footballers being at the top of the list will only serve to extend the lockdown.

But, yes, let’s crack on because TV money is far more important. :rolleyes:

It’s just a shame that ordinary folk think this is acceptable.

I just hope nobody currently on furlough and struggling to make ends meet loses their job because of how long this is going on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Piers Morgan is a journalist so in my opinion not a key worker. But got a test after showing mild symptoms supposedly..

Whilst PL and EFL are using a different company to the NHS. That was clear when I posted the info to Stuart. How many more times do we need to go over this? 

So will you not watch any English Football when it back on tv or will you be watching it? A simple yes or no will do. 

If you will be watching it arent you hypocricy for saying it shouldn't return already. You are already watching German football 

The thing is we are both the same in that we are big football fans and obviously want it back as soon as it is possible. The problem is you seem to be unable to see past that desire in terms of using any flawed and one sided logic to support that desire. For example thousands of tests for non key workers playing football you staunchly defend because it helps to get back football, whereas one solitary test for another non key worker who you despise outrages you. You use all of the countries who have or plan to restart their leagues as a precedent to support your desperation to get football back on in this country and remain blissfully ignorant to those countries that have null and voided their season.

You also have repeatedly displayed a lack of empathy and ability to understand others and their different opinions so it is unsurprising that you assume and state unequivocally that viewing figures would go up. You are IMO in denial as to how diluted an alternative behind closed doors football is. For example, if Rovers managed to launch a genuine unlikely play off push do you think your feeling would be anything similar to if it happened in normal times in front of fans? I know it wouldnt to me and indeed the normal elation would probably be replaced by a mixture of detachment and even irritation that when a rare season of success comes about, we can not enjoy it at the time and even the reward of playing in a higher league would be behind closed doors too. Take Liverpool, they are desperate I am sure to clinch the title but even if and when they do, it will be anticlimatic and the expected feeling of joy and elation will be almost totally removed.

I am not claiming that I am so rigid in my opinion that I would cut my nose off to spite my face and refuse to watch out of principle. I think that perhaps for flawed financial reasons that the current mindset is to get football back in any form as soon as possible. I personally think the mindset should be to play as little sanitised, half arsed behind closed doors football as possible. But ultimately months into a lockdown, I will still watch it passively as something to do even if it is not with the usual strong passion and interest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As an aside, Piers is a key worker. So get that test son! ^_^

On what planet? The guy used to be an agitator, now he’s just a loudmouth, domineering caricature of his former self. His co-presenters must utterly despise him.

Such faux-piety and moral-cheerleading from a bloke who apparently thinks it’s ok to log into peoples voicemails to get dirt on them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is we are both the same in that we are big football fans and obviously want it back as soon as it is possible. The problem is you seem to be unable to see past that desire in terms of using any flawed and one sided logic to support that desire. For example thousands of tests for non key workers playing football you staunchly defend because it helps to get back football, whereas one solitary test for another non key worker who you despise outrages you.

Yet again, How many times does this need explaining that Football(EFL and PL) are using private Covid-19 tests from a different company than the NHS/our government one. So taking none away from our key workers. 

You also have repeatedly displayed a lack of empathy and ability to understand others and their different opinions so it is unsurprising that you assume and state unequivocally that viewing figures would go up. You are IMO in denial as to how diluted an alternative behind closed doors football is

Of course people have different opinions and that's what freedom of speech and living in democracy 

If games will be live on BBC or live on freeview channels owned by Sky which supposedly some games will be according the Culture, Media and Sport minister.

Ive seen behind closed doors football games before over the years like some England away games where fans have been banned.  

For example, if Rovers managed to launch a genuine unlikely play off push do you think your feeling would be anything similar to if it happened in normal times in front of fans?

Yes I would have the same feeling tho. Just like when I watching a test cricket match that England win or watching the Lakers win at NBA. 

I will still watch it passively as something to do even if it is not with the usual strong passion and interest.

so you will still watch it even tho you don't agree with football restarting at this time? Very hypocritic there. 

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s deemed a broadcast ‘journalist’, so thus on the list.

Deeming has certainly lost its way then. :rolleyes:

To be fair, journalists are key workers, it’s just that in the Twitter age we don’t seem to have very many left. At best there are people who report what they think is newsworthy (very tenuously, especially the local press) and at worst people who think it is their job to make the news. Some of them could have got their passes stamped on the back of the fisheries and trawlers workforce. -_-

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hardly watch much football under normal circumstances these days unless it's Rovers. I won't be watching any games played behind closed days. It'll be like kissing your sister.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I hardly watch much football under normal circumstances these days unless it's Rovers. I won't be watching any games played behind closed days. It'll be like kissing your sister.

Is that on Burnleyvision

• Like 1