BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

Fair play to all involved in that, making sure that the staff who need it most still get their full wage.

Isn't it funny how you can read something multiple times and still read it incorrectly - I read that 3 or 4 times wondering what the hell 'a third and a half' was. Eventually realised my speed reading had repeatedly missed out the word 'between'! ?

• Backroom

Seems that the top 6 in the prem are battling to finish the season whilst the bottom half want to cancel it

No doubt the big boys will get their way 

• Backroom

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-chris-kamara-says-its-outrageous-that-footballers-are-asked-to-take-wage-cuts-11981797

I see Kammy hasn't been paying attention again. 

There's quite a few "outrageous" things going on in the World at the moment. 

Not sure I'd include Ozil and De Bruyne taking a 3 month pay cut as one of them. 

• Like 2

Money as always will force the issue, sickening.  It'll be a right cock up if it gets the go ahead.

In other news nice to see the first thing clubs doing is cancelling agent payments. Tough for some of those lads it's their job but there will be plenty getting their comeuppance their land of milk and honey could come to a permanent halt. Not before time.

• Like 2

I'm not surprised some of the players are wary of coming back so soon,if i was them i'd be thinking why do i have to be the entertainment for everybody while risking my health before a vaccine has been invented.

36 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm not surprised some of the players are wary of coming back so soon,if i was them i'd be thinking why do i have to be the entertainment for everybody while risking my health before a vaccine has been invented.

Because of the wages they are paid. If they don’t want to do it, they can just walk and take no money. If I was in fear for my life, that is what I would do.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, rigger said:

Because of the wages they are paid. If they don’t want to do it, they can just walk and take no money. If I was in fear for my life, that is what I would do.

Easy to say when not in that position though.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Easy to say when not in that position though.

I would think that it would be an easy decision whatever the position. On one hand you think you might die. On the other you have some more money that you might not even need.

18 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I assume the clubs have a duty of care for their employees so they will have to work to health and safty measures to get them back playing, would not like to do a risk assessment for playing a match under these conditions.

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

Will VAR still be used. Is it going to be worked from home?

For the integrity of the competition I imagine it will have to be used after using it so far and it playing a part in the outcome of matches. I would think (from seeing inside Stockley Park on tv) that a safe distance can be made between the operators.

If some of the PL clubs want to finish the season just playing for places with no relegation, there is absolutely no point in completing the Championship fixtures. If all leagues are to finish they must do so with promotion and relegation, otherwise it’s a waste of time. 

• Like 4

Just now, Giant said:

If some of the PL clubs want to finish the season just playing for places with no relegation, there is absolutely no point in completing the Championship fixtures. If all leagues are to finish they must do so with promotion and relegation, otherwise it’s a waste of time. 

It's just making it more apparent that it's all about the dosh.

• Like 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11982637/premier-league-clubs-prepare-for-202021-season-behind-closed-doors

Speculation that even next season supporters won't be admitted into grounds. Although this is a PL centric article (it's Sky after all) surely this would apply to all football until a vaccine is found and widely available.

22 hours ago, arbitro said:

For the integrity of the competition I imagine it will have to be used after using it so far and it playing a part in the outcome of matches. I would think (from seeing inside Stockley Park on tv) that a safe distance can be made between the operators.

The integrity of the competition will have already gone out of the window if they have to play at neutral venues.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The integrity of the competition will have already gone out of the window if they have to play at neutral venues.

I agree and there are several items which have been raised which will bring into question the integrity of the game. The Chief Exec of Brighton has already stated that out of their remaining nine games five are at home and playing at neutral venues would take away that advantage.

• Like 1

No such thing as integrity when you just want to push it to get games on to get tv money in and sort out the Champions/Euro spots but scrap relegation.

Big clubs big clubs big clubs, money money money.

Do it properly for everybody IF it's safe to do so otherwise write this season off and start afresh When it's safe to do so. That's integrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

This is a very  good watch ..very insightful from an ex chairmans point of view on how the PL clubs are thinking and pros and cons behind a decision whether to carry on . Says it just how it is 

Perhaps we could do with more decision makers like him. A realist rather than a head in the sand planner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I agree and there are several items which have been raised which will bring into question the integrity of the game. The Chief Exec of Brighton has already stated that out of their remaining nine games five are at home and playing at neutral venues would take away that advantage.

It's a good point but I waiting for the EFL to come up with a plan to finish the championship season. Unsure about league 1 and 2 season. But wats going to happen with promotion and relegation places? 

Premier League been offered to go to Perth to finish season off. Not sure if they will. 

Then after that how do supporters watch the games of Football league clubs? 

What about next season in regards to season tickets, fixtures and everything else? 

Alot of questions, not alot of answers.