BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seem to be sensible decision. 

German clubs have bought in a similar protocol but not sure if players had to sign it. 

Do you honestly not believe that it's an arse covering exercise by the clubs and the PL borne out of fear of litigation. As Parson says the slightest doubt about any aspect of safety will be enough for some players not to sign it. It tells me that the PL and clubs know there is a risk.

Would you be happy to sign a document before going in Asda or in your place of work agreeing to their safety protocols?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Do you honestly not believe that it's an arse covering exercise by the clubs and the PL borne out of fear of litigation. As Parson says the slightest doubt about any aspect of safety will be enough for some players not to sign it. It tells me that the PL and clubs know there is a risk.

Would you be happy to sign a document before going in Asda or in your place of work agreeing to their safety protocols?

Well the German clubs have bought in protocol in terms of training. 

Well a number of safety protocols was bought into my work place before I was furlough done of these were Shutting the canteen down, food orders in by 8.30 and pick up by one person from each department at specific times, different deliveries protocols bought in, blocking off certain areas, 2 metre distance rules bought in, plus other things. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well the German clubs have bought in protocol in terms of training. 

Well a number of safety protocols was bought into my work place before I was furlough done of these were Shutting the canteen down, food orders in by 8.30 and pick up by one person from each department at specific times, different deliveries protocols bought in, blocking off certain areas, 2 metre distance rules bought in, plus other things. 

But did you sign to agree to them?

Lots of measures have been brought in throughout all aspects of life but my point is you don't have to sign essentially what is a waiver to agree to them.

13 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Does buying merchandise from the club store online actually directly help the players and staff at this time, or does it just profit Venkys? Looking at the 94/95 shirt...

Personally I wouldn't really look at it that way mate. If you can afford it and you want it, go ahead - it must benefit the club in some way if brought through the official shop. Venkys don't profit from Rovers, i think we can surely all agree on that much?

Edited by oldjamfan1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

But did you sign to agree to them?

Lots of measures have been brought in throughout all aspects of life but my point is you don't have to sign essentially what is a waiver to agree to them.

I've not seen any comments coming from the officials. Have you heard anything from your former colleagues ?

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've not seen any comments coming from the officials. Have you heard anything from your former colleagues ?

I speak regularly to a friend who is still involved with Select Group 1 and the referees are in limbo as are most of the players as to when/if it will be back. Much like the players they have got individual training plans which have to be strictly adhered to. When and if it does start they will travel individually to the ground rather than in the usual people carrier. They will also be in tracksuits and not shower until they are back at the hotel post match. As far as their equipment goes nobody knows if the whistles, flags and head sets will be sterilised. I used to have to wash my whistle after every game did to the saliva build up. I'd be surprised if, when blowing the whistle particles of saliva don't spray out.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

If you die due to COVID-19 because we made you play: we are not liable, it is your own fault.

Sign here:

Oh come on,  the chances of any player dying as a result of football returning is not actually zero, but is so infinitessily small as to not be worth bothering about.

They'd be at far more risk by going down to the shops or supermarket.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Rather than have that document, I would have one that says you are welcome to not play, but you will be put on furlough. 

I'd go a bit further. Why should the taxpayer fund (an often multimillionaire) footballer who refuses to play.

Any agreement should be along the lines that whilst the Club won't object if the player wishes to withhold their services due to the exceptional circumstances, they won't be paid for the relevant period.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I speak regularly to a friend who is still involved with Select Group 1 and the referees are in limbo as are most of the players as to when/if it will be back. Much like the players they have got individual training plans which have to be strictly adhered to. When and if it does start they will travel individually to the ground rather than in the usual people carrier. They will also be in tracksuits and not shower until they are back at the hotel post match. As far as their equipment goes nobody knows if the whistles, flags and head sets will be sterilised. I used to have to wash my whistle after every game did to the saliva build up. I'd be surprised if, when blowing the whistle particles of saliva don't spray out.

Maybe you blew it too much. Smiley Face. On a serious note will they be consulted and do you think there will be any  "conscientious objectors" ? How would you feel if you were still doing the job ?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh come on,  the chances of any player dying as a result of football returning is not actually zero, but is so infinitessily small as to not be worth bothering about.

They'd be at far more risk by going down to the shops or supermarket.

And if the players wives ..girlfriends are pregnant ..or have small children ? Its  NOT just about the players ..they re going to be in close contact for 90 minutes ..and if they are not then its not worth the games going ahead because they ll end up being played out like a training game. More risk than going to the supermarket one would think ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Football in England: Government 'opens door for safe return in June' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665805

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money, get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe you blew it too much. Smiley Face. On a serious note will they be consulted and do you think there will be any  "conscientious objectors" ? How would you feel if you were still doing the job ?

I believe that any referee who doesn't feel safe will not be forced to go out onto a pitch but my gut feeling is that none will refuse. I would have to give it serious consideration but based on what we know now I would refuse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money, get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit

Impossible to read that without hearing Dave Gilmour!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

And if the players wives ..girlfriends are pregnant ..or have small children ? Its  NOT just about the players ..they re going to be in close contact for 90 minutes ..and if they are not then its not worth the games going ahead because they ll end up being played out like a training game. More risk than going to the supermarket one would think ..

Sorry, that's absolute nonsense. How are you going to catch the virus by being in close proximity to someone who doesn't have the virus?

People outside or down at the supermarket don't have the same luxury of being able to be tested several times per week. Neither will the surroundings be disinfected to the same degree within an inch of their lives.

If players don't wish to play because of vulnerable relatives at home then they should be able to opt out but shouldn't expect to be paid for the privilege.  In exactly the same way  anyone "normal" who has to continue to work but who refuses  to do so would not get paid but would only receive £92 p.w. SSP or whatever it is.

I don't think a lot of commentators grasp the enormity of the potential crisis facing football. Those who don't seem to think it will ever be safe to come back in the absence of a vaccine accuse those who want to see the game back on of wanting players to put their bodies or lives on the line for their entertainment. There is an element of that of course as we all enjoy the game but first and foremost, Clubs have to survive so that the players who don't want to play now have a job to go back to in due course.

Ironically, the main reason the Clubs have to come back earlier than they might otherwise have to is to pay these self same players who seem to think their income should remain the same apart from a few minor wage deferrals even though their Clubs' revenue has been decimated and  is likely to be for some time.

• Like 6

It may be entertainment but it is also a job for many involved in the game. There are risks but sooner or later we will all have to go back to work as government money can only last so long. If not, then we are all well and truly screwed.

Providing adequate precautions are taken to ensure those involved do not have the virus, then those risks are going to be small and probably not much different to working outside on construction sites etc. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oliver Kay is a master at stating the bloody obvious. Of course it breeds 'brazen self interest' and surprise, surprise it's financially driven. 

This is the monster that greed has created.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, that's absolute nonsense. How are you going to catch the virus by being in close proximity to someone who doesn't have the virus?

People outside or down at the supermarket don't have the same luxury of being able to be tested several times per week. Neither will the surroundings be disinfected to the same degree within an inch of their lives.

If players don't wish to play because of vulnerable relatives at home then they should be able to opt out but shouldn't expect to be paid for the privilege.  In exactly the same way  anyone "normal" who has to continue to work but who refuses  to do so would not get paid but would only receive £92 p.w. SSP or whatever it is.

I don't think a lot of commentators grasp the enormity of the potential crisis facing football. Those who don't seem to think it will ever be safe to come back in the absence of a vaccine accuse those who want to see the game back on of wanting players to put their bodies or lives on the line for their entertainment. There is an element of that of course as we all enjoy the game but first and foremost, Clubs have to survive so that the players who don't want to play now have a job to go back to in due course.

Ironically, the main reason the Clubs have to come back earlier than they might otherwise have to is to pay these self same players who seem to think their income should remain the same apart from a few minor wage deferrals even though their Clubs' revenue has been decimated and  is likely to be for some time.

Completely agree regarding getting paid ..dont play ..dont get paid..thats not an issue to me and never said it was . The safety aspect regarding vulnerable people in the household is though. Players dont want to play then they should be allowed not too simple as that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Tests have  a 15% false negative and I'd assume fit young men will be asymptomatic, so this is just a ridiculous notion.  They should go back when the concerts, theatres, etc return to full whack. Season null and void, start again in autumn.

• Like 3