BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's down to the Government. You can't expect football to sort out every single aspect of Society

You’re right, the government should be stepping in and saying footballers are not a priority for tests. Let alone 1,600 PER WEEK.

And that’s just the PL. The rest of football? Well, you’ll just have to cancel because you don’t bring in enough money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You’re right, the government should be stepping in and saying footballers are not a priority for tests. Let alone 1,600 PER WEEK.

And that’s just the PL. The rest of football? Well, you’ll just have to cancel because you don’t bring in enough money.

They arent using Government test kits but buying them privately and using Priivate medical company I believe. 

Its will cost 5 mil for Champiònship clubs to complete the season. Cost each club 210k for test kits. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They arent using Government test kits but buying them privately and using Priivate medical company I believe. 

Its will cost 5 mil for Champiònship clubs to complete the season. Cost each club 210k for test kits. 

It doesn't make it right chaddy just because clubs have the funds to bypass the system and pay for private tests.  In the meantime care workers in nursing homes can't get the tests and won't all get them until the end of June - if they're lucky - according to the government.  Finishing the football season really isn't a priority when the death count mounts on a daily basis. 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Please tell me you are not trying to justify this just because they are paying for them?

17 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

It doesn't make it right chaddy just because clubs have the funds to bypass the system and pay for private tests.  In the meantime care workers in nursing homes can't get the tests and won't all get them until the end of June - if they're lucky - according to the government.  Finishing the football season really isn't a priority when the death count mounts on a daily basis. 

Tests don’t make you any safer.

32 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Presumably though, the tests for football aren't coming from the same source as the ones the Government are using, and the Clubs are paying for them themselves so the ability of nursing homes and the NHS to obtain tests is completely unimpeded by and unaffected by anything football does.

It might appear slightly unedifying but as I posted above the sport can't be expected to pay for absolutely everything and frankly it has enough on its plate already trying to ensure the professional game survives.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Presumably though, the tests for football aren't coming from the same source as the ones the Government are using, and the Clubs are paying for them themselves so the ability of nursing homes and the NHS to obtain tests is completely unimpeded by and unaffected by anything football does.

It might appear slightly unedifying but as I posted above the sport can't be expected to pay for absolutely everything and frankly it has enough on its plate already trying to ensure the professional game survives.

Sorry but that’s BS.

The PL will survive. Meanwhile the lower leagues have had to curtail their season and will have to cut their cloth accordingly. Where are their tests?

There is a finite stock of these things. If the PL weren’t buying these up (chicken feed costs for them) they would be available for the NHS.

It’s utterly immoral that these are being taken away from people who need them more.

This isn’t a single test like everyone else will be hoping for - it’s 16,000 tests every single week - and that’s just for 20 football teams.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Care workers can get tests every day. They can get home test kits which they can do themselves or go the test centre either at Preston or Manchester. My family and friends have all gone and been test who work in health and social care sector at least once. Blackburn Hospital has a test facility but it looks it just for staff at the hospital. 

Football went private to ensure that none of UK taxpayers money was used to fund their kits or use NHS resources. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Please tell me you are not trying to justify this just because they are paying for them?

They arent using Government test kits, facilities or staff. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sorry but that’s BS.

The PL will survive. Meanwhile the lower leagues have had to curtail their season and will have to cut their cloth accordingly. Where are their tests?

There is a finite stock of these things. If the PL weren’t buying these up (chicken feed costs for them) they would be available for the NHS.

It’s utterly immoral that these are being taken away from people who need them more.

This isn’t a single test like everyone else will be hoping for - it’s 16,000 tests every single week - and that’s just for 20 football teams.

Football league clubs cant afford the test. That's clear so the EFL or FA will have fund them if needed next season. Championship clubs can. 

The PL are using private company to supply them. If the government and NHS want them they would have them already. But the government hasnt bought them  

Sorry Stuart, your figures are wrong. Each club has 80 tests per week over 2 different slots. So that's 1,600 test per week not 16,000 per week. It will probably be 16,000 by time the season has ended. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Care workers can get tests every day. They can get home test kits which they can do themselves or go the test centre either at Preston or Manchester. My family and friends have all gone and been test who work in health and social care sector at least once. Blackburn Hospital has a test facility but it looks it just for staff at the hospital. 

Football went private to ensure that none of UK taxpayers money was used to fund their kits or use NHS resources. 

I think you'll find care workers can't which is why the government said - only last week - that they planned to have all care workers in care homes tested by the END of June.  The point you seem to miss is that if there are private tests available why aren't they being made available to the people on the front line who need them.  A care worker in a care home is surely far more important, in terms of needing regular testing, than a footballer.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

According to the medics they do if they're 80% reliable.

The tests just say if you have got it or not. Which in turn indicates if you are likely to infect someone else. They don’t make the individual any safer.

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So in your world that's alright then when far more deserving cases can't get them.

FFS this government can't hit their own testing targets but football, with all its riches can jump ahead and pay for them.

But it fine because you will be able to watch PL football soon eh?

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

On 16/05/2020 at 16:05, arbitro said:

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/help-and-support/coronavirus-travel-information

Avant West Coast are limiting their seating capacity to enable social distancing.

The luxury coach the first team use seats 37 in normal circumstances. Having to distance from each other would roughly halve that. With a playing squad of say 18 plus coaches and medical staff that in my book would necessitate two coaches.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/new-coach-more-than-passes-the-test/

I can't answer your other questions.

Pointless, what happens during a corner, stay 6ft apart, no of course not,  so no need for 2 coaches.Common sense gone out of the window.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

The tests just say if you have got it or not. Which in turn indicates if you are likely to infect someone else. They don’t make the individual any safer.

Not only that but today you may be clear tomorrow maybe not, even clear in the morning but in the afternoon caught it, So testing is really only a mind set of Oh i'm okay, what you really need is a vaccine. 

To add we have Flu vaccines but these dont always work for everyone, who's to say the Covid-19 vaccine will work for everyone, we just dont know, Also if this country counted the covid fatalities like the rest of Europe, i will use Germany as an example as they have started off the football, our figure would apparently be something like 3500. 

Controversial bit here -  We have to live with this (thanks China, i did say in a post on here weeks ago this started from a lab in Wuhan) so herd immunity i think will be the norm just like it is with flu every year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's down to the Government. You can't expect football to sort out every single aspect of Society

I know we keep blaming the government, but 90% of Care homes are privately owned, seems to me the owners responsibilities are getting off Scott free. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think you'll find care workers can't which is why the government said - only last week - that they planned to have all care workers in care homes tested by the END of June.  The point you seem to miss is that if there are private tests available why aren't they being made available to the people on the front line who need them.  A care worker in a care home is surely far more important, in terms of needing regular testing, than a footballer.

There is test available every day at Preston and Manchester test centres and home kits. So if people want a test they can get one. 

Again, I have already said previously if the government wanted the test kits they would have them already. The Government knows the PL need test kits to restart. So if the Government wanted them the PL wouldn't be talking about a restart. 

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So in your world that's alright then when far more deserving cases can't get them.

FFS this government can't hit their own testing targets but football, with all its riches can jump ahead and pay for them.

But it fine because you will be able to watch PL football soon eh?

Of course there is. But Football hasnt took any of Government test kits, facilities and staff to get the kits? 

Plus if the government want the test kits the PL have got they would already got them!!! 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Actually care workers can't get a test every day , my partner is a Home care worker looking after the elderly in their own homes, we have tried to get her a test just for her own piece of mind, but because she has no symptoms cant get one, also no free pizzas, parking, free mobile blah blah, , Care home workers dont seem to matter.

• Like 1

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Actually care workers can't get a test every day , my partner is a Home care worker looking after the elderly in their own homes, we have tried to get her a test just for her own piece of mind, but because she has no symptoms cant get one, also no free pizzas, parking, free mobile blah blah, , Care home workers dont seem to matter.

My mum and friends who are care workers got tested weeks ago even without symptoms. Even my dad could have got one cos of mum being a care worker. 

Has something change? 

Parking for patients at Blackburn hospital is free also. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is test available every day at Preston and Manchester test centres and home kits. So if people want a test they can get one. 

Again, I have already said previously if the government wanted the test kits they would have them already. The Government knows the PL need test kits to restart. So if the Government wanted them the PL wouldn't be talking about a restart. 

Of course there is. But Football hasnt took any of Government test kits, facilities and staff to get the kits? 

Plus if the government want the test kits the PL have got they would already got them!!! 

This is my last word on the subject to you as you are either being deliberately obtuse or just missing the point several people are making completely.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18456564.watfords-troy-deeney-questions-inconsistency-testing-players-not-nhs-staff/

Just so you know, I've never had a test, or been offered one despite working throughout this period. Only 1 person I work with has, and that's only because his wife is a nurse and had the virus. Another guy at work had to make the choice of taking time off as the school his child was going to had a couple of cases. Other than that we've been left to our own devices and had to make judgements on how to conduct ourselves with no interference. 

My sister who is a PC had a test done at hospital week or two ago as she was feeling a bit rough, but had no prior offers for testing or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Rangers will fight this all the way. Hopefully win as well. Rangers over Celtic all day long.

Of all the nonsense you've posted today this takes the biscuit. Even Steven Gerrard will admit that Celtic deserve to be crowned champions (although he obviously has one eye on England when he says that!).

You're obviously a big fan of tax dodgers. First Jack Walker, now The Glasgow Rangers 2010 or whatever they are fucking called these days?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Of all the nonsense you've posted today this takes the biscuit. Even Steven Gerrard will admit that Celtic deserve to be crowned champions (although he obviously has one eye on England when he says that!).

You're obviously a big fan of tax dodgers. First Jack Walker, now The Glasgow Rangers 2010 or whatever they are fucking called these days?

Ouch! It is almost as if you could have written that in Latin lol

• Like 1