BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My mum and friends who are care workers got tested weeks ago even without symptoms. Even my dad could have got one cos of mum being a care worker. 

Has something change? 

Parking for patients at Blackburn hospital is free also. 

Well lucky your Mum, we have applied on the web site and due to having no symptoms she cant get one, as for parking etc i was being sarcastic. No reflection on you,  just making comments.

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Ouch! It is almost as if you could have written that in Latin lol

Ha ha nice one Lennie. I'm not a fan of either of the old firm but I do pay my taxes - a lot of them - and always have done and if anyone thinks Rangers would have been bothered to 'fight it all the way' if Motherwell were being crowned champions and not Celtic then wakey wakey. :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Of all the nonsense you've posted today this takes the biscuit. Even Steven Gerrard will admit that Celtic deserve to be crowned champions (although he obviously has one eye on England when he says that!).

You're obviously a big fan of tax dodgers. First Jack Walker, now The Glasgow Rangers 2010 or whatever they are fucking called these days?

Celtic's lead isn't insurmountable. Name anyone who's ever thrown away a league title in Liverpool's position. City could have won every game and wouldn't come close. 

Just now, Vinjay said:

Celtic's lead isn't insurmountable. Name anyone who's ever thrown away a league title in Liverpool's position. City could have won every game and wouldn't come close. 

You're missing the point though. Quelle surprise.........

3 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Do I have to try and justify everything on here?

No but I'd actually quite like to see you try and justify why Rangers should 'fight' the decision to call the season and award the title to the team that are 13 points clear with 8 games to go. As an aside do you think Celtic fans are happy at potentially having an asterisk against ten in a row next season? Believe me they would rather have completed the season on the pitch.

(As it happens I don't necessarily think that was the right way to go, I would rather have waited and finished the season properly when it was safe to do so but the clubs went through a process to decide how they were dealing with it and now have to abide by it)

Edited by oldjamfan1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Football league clubs cant afford the test. That's clear so the EFL or FA will have fund them if needed next season. Championship clubs can. 

The PL are using private company to supply them. If the government and NHS want them they would have them already. But the government hasnt bought them  

Sorry Stuart, your figures are wrong. Each club has 80 tests per week over 2 different slots. So that's 1,600 test per week not 16,000 per week. It will probably be 16,000 by time the season has ended. 

Good point on the maths but it doesn’t change the argument.

The government cannot buy them because the company can sell them for more money privately and to the PL mega bucks. It’s immoral.

I really hope this PL bubble bursts sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Good point on the maths but it doesn’t change the argument.

The government cannot buy them because the company can sell them for more money privately and to the PL mega bucks. It’s immoral.

I really hope this PL bubble bursts sooner rather than later.

If the Government want these tests they would get them and not support the football restart. 

Have you seen the article about possible wage limit coming into in football league? 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If the Government want these tests they would get them and not support the football restart. 

Have you seen the article about possible wage limit coming into in football league? 

So you believe these tests PL players are going to ‘consume’ would be wasted otherwise? If so then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

No, I haven’t. I expect agents will put paid to that one.

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So you believe these tests PL players are going to ‘consume’ would be wasted otherwise? If so then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

No, I haven’t. I expect agents will put paid to that one.

We dont know do we! Either way do we. 

Agents cant do anything if EFL bring in the rules. 

My understanding is that private labs have always had tests available if a person is willing to pay for them.

What the government has and what the labs have can exist separately.

There was feigned uproar over here a few months back. 2 basketball players from the Utah Jazz got the virus. Within 24 hours the whole team, plus trainers, coaches, and ancillary staff were tested.

Their argument was that they paid for a private lab to do it.

• Like 1

All tests should be made available to the government for use by the NHS, not held back for the highest bidder. There is no such thing as different stocks, there is simply global manufacturing capacity and global need.

We have companies creating and donating PPE yet (as always) big pharma will always coin it in.

The only person delighted about this approach is Kier Starmer because it’s a stark reminder of how when the chips are down for the nation the rich will always be favoured.

What happens when a vaccine is finally found? PL players before frontline NHS and vulnerable people? What a country. The priorities are upside down. Football is nothing right now and its reputation is falling fast. Yet some people not only think this is ok but try to justify it?! I hope none of you stand outside your house clapping on a Thursday evening.

• Like 1

This long ago stopped being about ‘sporting integrity’ in the PL.

They know most fans aren’t particularly arsed if they just put a line under this season and point per game it like the rest of U.K. football will be doing, in fact it would just be a relief all round as we hear increasingly daft conditions placed on the matches - further diluting the sacred ‘integrity’.

Yet, they stagger on creating an ever bigger PR disaster, absolutely desperate to grab as much cash as possible to pay their mind boggling wage bills.

It’s all so very unedifying and I believe the game will be in for an all mighty shock when crowds dwindle away in 2021, they are just very, very lucky that the TV deals aren’t imminently up for renewal or the whole house of cards would have come crashing down.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

All tests should be made available to the government for use by the NHS, not held back for the highest bidder. There is no such thing as different stocks, there is simply global manufacturing capacity and global need.

We have companies creating and donating PPE yet (as always) big pharma will always coin it in.

The only person delighted about this approach is Kier Starmer because it’s a stark reminder of how when the chips are down for the nation the rich will always be favoured.

What happens when a vaccine is finally found? PL players before frontline NHS and vulnerable people? What a country. The priorities are upside down. Football is nothing right now and its reputation is falling fast. Yet some people not only think this is ok but try to justify it?! I hope none of you stand outside your house clapping on a Thursday evening.

Does the Government even want these test? Or are we using different company product? 

You dont know. 

Stuart, no one has said that Footballers should get any vaccine before NHS, Social Care staff or the most vulnerable people so stop this BS cos no one has said anything like it  

Of course I outside my house clapping on Thursday evening. Why wouldn't I since some of my family and friends work on the NHS frontline and in the social care sector? 

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

This long ago stopped being about ‘sporting integrity’.  

They know most fans aren’t particularly arsed if they just put a line under this season and point per game it like the rest of U.K. football will be doing, in fact it would just be a relief all round as we hear increasingly daft conditions placed on the matches - further diluting the sacred ‘integrity’.

Yet, they stagger on creating an ever bigger PR disaster, absolutely desperate to grab as much cash as possible to pay their mind boggling wage bills.

It’s all so very unedifying and I believe the game will be in for an all mighty shock when crowds dwindle away in 2021, they are just very, very lucky that the TV deals aren’t imminently up for renewal or the whole house of cards would have come crashing down.

Most fans? 

The rest of UK football? Premiership and championship teams are playing on. Some league 1 clubs want to play. League 2 clubs ended their season. Salford City want have played if majority of other clubs wanted too but didnt. 

According to Viewing figures by BT that 1.4 million watched the Dortmund vs Schalke match on Saturday afternoon. Across 5 games they average was just below 600,000. 

Yes, most fans (Cue, ‘well me and my mates and family want to watch every single behind closed doors game, we can’t wait)

Yes, rest of UK football. Scotland, League 2 and non league. League 1 will follow soon enough.

Of course the PL and Championship clubs want to play on, that was kind of the point of my post...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does the Government even want these test? Or are we using different company product? 

You dont know. 

Stuart, no one has said that Footballers should get any vaccine before NHS, Social Care staff or the most vulnerable people so stop this BS cos no one has said anything like it  

Of course I outside my house clapping on Thursday evening. Why wouldn't I since some of my family and friends work on the NHS frontline and in the social care sector? 

You are championing footballers getting tested BEFORE key workers, with some made up notion that there are different test manufacturers for the footballers and normal folk. I’m afraid that’s very that’s very hypocritical - although knowing your opinions all these years I suspect it’s more naivety.

I really hope the whole PL money racket comes crashing down.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

You are championing footballers getting tested BEFORE key workers, with some made up notion that there are different test manufacturers for the footballers and normal folk. I’m afraid that’s very that’s very hypocritical - although knowing your opinions all these years I suspect it’s more naivety.

I really hope the whole PL money racket comes crashing down.

Do you think if the government wanted these test kits they wouldn't have them already?