BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This isn’t true. Anyone he has been into contact with should receive a call or some form of contact from NHS tracing and told to self-isolate for 14 days. They should then get tested and then self isolate for 7 days of positive or return to normal if negative.

However, as this is football everyone at the club will be getting a retest today.

Straight to the front of the queue.

We really should have a better idea now - through testing - where the hotspots are.

So if your idea is true, the entire Rovers squad and staff will have To go into 14 days immediate quarantine . If your interpretation is carried out there is no way the season will be completed.

Edited by rigger

Very confusing but if a hotspot was found at a club as the season was to restart or even after it restarted and that club was unable to field a team, hardly a completive league. Sorry if this has been covered.

I do want to see football back and right now we don't have a proper date but if more clubs start to test positive the competition will not be there.

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Any non-essential activity creates added risk which can be avoided if the activity does not take place.

Football is non essential. It should not take place. Wait for a vaccine.

I doubt very much that a vaccine will be produced. By the time one is readily available, the infection and mortality rate will be so low there will be no interest in a vaccine .

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Ok so if COVID is now making its way through our squad - do you think it is fair that the season continues Chaddy? 

Yes. 

Bennett was training was 3 other players and was keeping their distances. 3 other players have been re tested and they will negative. 

Also Elliott Bennett recording his best ever fitness results in his 4 years at the club when he returned to training on Monday. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. 

Bennett was training was 3 other players and was keeping their distances. 3 other players have been re tested and they will negative. 

Also Elliott Bennett recording his best ever fitness results in his 4 years at the club when he returned to training on Monday. 

That does not even come close to answering my question. You are also telling us as FACT that the other 3 players will not test positive. Damn Chadster, very medically experienced guy for a forklift driver. L

Lets say we have 5 first team players out due to COVID - is that fair?

What does EB fitness levels have to do with anything?

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Sick of it tbh.

I bet that 'for the want of a better word' moron was not posting here, there would be a hell of a lot more people that do. This site is like the 'Chaddy Show'. Half of the posts are around his warped mind and opinions. 

Tiresome, if i'm not banned, i'm out anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rigger said:

So if your idea is true, the entire Rovers squad and staff will have To go into 14 days immediate quarantine . If your interpretation is carried out there is no way the season will be completed.

Exactly right.

If it were the same rules for everyone it wouldn’t be completed for this exact reason. Unless any of them are related to Dominic Cummings of course.

Elliott Bennett has coronavirus and has been in contact with other players this week. Just forget about football for a second and think about the implications of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Ok so if COVID is now making its way through our squad - do you think it is fair that the season continues Chaddy? 

Question wasn't directed at me so apologies for butting in, but absolutely. Any players found to have the virus can self isolate for seven days then resume as normal. Absolutely not a problem. 

If it was the situation that we still had two or three players self isolating by the time the games actually restart then that wouldn't really  be a great deal different to any normal season when Clubs had players unavailable through injury and suspension.

We can sit here wringing our hands forever and come up with excuses about how we can't restart football or not open this type of business or this type of shop. However it is not realistic in the absence of a vaccine to expect no cases of the virus so if you take it to the nth degree and refuse to do anything because a few people are contracting the virus here and there, nothing will ever re-start or re-open.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Elliott Bennett has coronavirus and has been in contact with other players this week. Just forget about football for a second and think about the implications of that.

The players will be tested, one or two others may have caught it in which case they will self isolate and make a full recovery within seven days.

If any other players do catch it and pass it on to their families, then they will also make a swift and full recovery in the absence of any underlying health conditions.

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Exactly right.

If it were the same rules for everyone it wouldn’t be completed for this exact reason. Unless any of them are related to Dominic Cummings of course.

I think you are wrong in your interpretation of the protocols 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The players will be tested, one or two others may have caught it in which case they will self isolate and make a full recovery within seven days.

If any other players do catch it and pass it on to their families, then they will also make a swift and full recovery in the absence of any underlying health conditions.

They will also make a swift and full recovery? How on earth can you know that?

And what if any of those people do have underlying health issues? Unlucky?

I didn’t expect such a flippant response about this.

Football at all costs, eh?

• Like 1

All PL games will be shown on TV. 4 games on BBC with other games on Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon prime. 

Schedule kick off are

Friday 20.00

Saturday 12.30, 15.00, 17.30 and 20.00

Sunday 12.00, 14.00, 16.30 and 19.00

Monday 20.00

Midweek schedule 

Tuesday 18:00, 20:00
Wednesday 18:00, 20:00
Thursday 18:00, 20:00

Games will restart on the Wednesday 17th June

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

That does not even come close to answering my question. You are also telling us as FACT that the other 3 players will not test positive. Damn Chadster, very medically experienced guy for a forklift driver. 

Lets say we have 5 first team players out due to COVID - is that fair?

What does EB fitness levels have to do with anything?

Well it does. I answered Yes. 

The 3 players he trained with on Monday was re tested and all tested negative. Players werent in contact training. Just training in set of 4 players from the pics online. 

And who says we will have 5 players with Covid-19. 

Despite testing positive he never felt more fitter. 

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or, one player passes it to another two or three. All families self isolate which may affect 12 people one of whom could have an underlying condition. That person's health may really suffer or someone may die.

Repeat this for each team currently retuning to training.

Just so we can have football in empty stadiums.

Elliott is now self isolating at home for seven days. The other players have been tested and their tests were negative.

Training can continue at Brockhall under the strict guidelines as before.

Bennett will be tested next week and hopefully return to training on June 5th.

So far his was the only positive test at the club.

This is information from Rovers official site.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sky are making 25 games free to air including Merseyside derby on opening weekend 

These days I get very aggravated with journalism on both BBC and Sky - crazy days - so I'd never thought I'd say this but well done Sky. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All PL games will be shown on TV. 4 games on BBC with other games on Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon prime. 

Schedule kick off are

Friday 20.00

Saturday 12.30, 15.00, 17.30 and 20.00

Sunday 12.00, 14.00, 16.30 and 19.00

Monday 20.00

Midweek schedule 

Tuesday 18:00, 20:00
Wednesday 18:00, 20:00
Thursday 18:00, 20:00

Games will restart on the Wednesday 17th June

Which begs the question when they are going to play/show Championship games. From that schedule it seems that every available slot is taken up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Which begs the question when they are going to play/show Championship games. From that schedule it seems that every available slot is taken up.

iFollow?

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

iFollow?

Who knows Stuart. Maybe this is why very few (if any) Championship clubs have given or offered refunds to season ticket holders. I have a recollection of Waggott alluding to this recently. If that is the case would refunds be available to season ticket holders who simply don't want to watch it via (from what I gather) poor streaming or even fans who don't possess a compuer?

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Who knows Stuart. Maybe this is why very few (if any) Championship clubs have given or offered refunds to season ticket holders. I have a recollection of Waggott alluding to this recently. If that is the case would refunds be available to season ticket holders who simply don't want to watch it via (from what I gather) poor streaming or even fans who don't possess a compuer?

I thought I read (probably on here though) that Waggott’s master plan was to knock a few quid off next year’s season ticket. A cheap trick which means you have to pay again to get any of that value back. I’d prefer iFollow this season as recompense, although it wouldn’t do anything for the other two season tickets I pay for.

At the very least I hope there is a sensible option that allows Rovers fans to watch Rovers matches - for those who do want to.

Edited by Stuart

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I thought I read (probably on here though) that Waggott’s master plan was to knock a few quid off next year’s season ticket. A cheap trick which means you have to pay again to get any of that value back. I’d prefer iFollow this season as recompense, although it wouldn’t do anything for the other two season tickets I pay for.

At the very least I hope there is a sensible option that allows Rovers fans what Rovers matches - for those who do want to.

I'm not in the least bit bothered about a refund myself. It's not Rovers fault they were ordered to stop the normal season.

I was anticipating that given the fact the Club can't really afford to give refunds, if they were given now they'd be clawed back by means of a corresponding increase for those who did renew next season. 

And then some.

And if they weren't given now they'd be clawed back anyway in the form of an "unavoidable" increase next season.

Edited by RevidgeBlue