BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Rebuild Transfer Window

Walton - loan finishes end of May. A one month extension possible if we are playing virus catch up but what next....?

Leutwiller - end of contract. Surely he will be gone.

2 new keepers ?

Tosin - loan finishes end of May. As per Walton. Estimated to be £18 million (Mowbray) to £20 million (press). Mowbray wants another rolling 6 month loan but is it likely and how does it help us build a back 4 ?

Williams & Mulgrew - both 1 year left but surely we need to get shut of both ? Both are internationals but is there any interest?

Bell - out of contract... surely has to go but will Mowbray hand him a charity contract ? 1 year extension available which I am sure will be triggered.

Nyambe - 1 year left. Surely he needs a new contract ASAP to protect us for a future transfer fee.

We are left with Lenihan & Nyambe so how is that going to work out? In terms of building a strong back 4 this season was wasted?

Smallwood - out of contract and surely off.

Evans - 1 year left but is he likely to play again ?

Bennett - out of contract. The one to watch. Surely Mowbray won't cut him loose even though he should.

Downing - out of contract but presuming he will be player of the season surely will get another year.

Dack - who knows what will happen.

We still have plenty of midfielders but how many are good enough to get us to the Prem? Pretty sure that with the experience of Johnson, Evans and Downing helping the youngsters we will be fine here ? Travis, Buckley, JRC will be regulars.

Chapman - will he be sold off ?

Armstrong - off to the Prem for a fee ?

Graham - out of contract but what is going to happen ?

Dom Sam - out of contract or new contract ?

Fairly certain Gally and Ben are untouchable or what was the point?

Then we have the financial impact of the virus and FFP.

Europe is our new hope for cheap talent but is on lockdown. 

Phew...it's going to be a busy summer... or is it ?

Look at Dack's posts on Instagram he is working hard in the gym and already walking on his knee. I wonder if he will be fit by the summer. 

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have to shift the likes of Bennett and Bell and not be weak and let them stick around as neither are good enough to play any part.

Bell is out of contract this summer but with the club having a 12 months option extension. But who knows when the season will end and what will happen about next season. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at Dack's posts on Instagram he is working hard in the gym and already walking on his knee. I wonder if he will be fit by the summer. 

Bell is out of contract this summer but with the club having a 12 months option extension. But who knows when the season will end and what will happen about next season. 

6 months early? No chance.

I know, if the club is serious about progressing then it will not take up that option.

Very true. Still of the opinion that it was an overreaction to cancel this weekends fixtures?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

6 months early? No chance.

I know, if the club is serious about progressing then it will not take up that option.

We don't know what the doctor said to Dack. All I know is he is working hard in gym and with Rovers staff. 

I would take up the Bell option for 12 months. He has improved since Christmas. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

I’d be giving Bell a new contract but I’m one of the few that thinks he’s decent.

Probably wouldn’t be my first choice but think he’s better than we would likely get as a back up option 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d be giving Bell a new contract but I’m one of the few that thinks he’s decent.

Probably wouldn’t be my first choice but think he’s better than we would likely get as a back up option 

I agree, he has done well since Cunningham's injury. I think we need a better first choice, but we also need someone for competition and we won't find someone better. Bell already knows the club and how we play.

• Like 1

Next season's transfer window will speak volumes about the owners' intentions. Despite what some people on here think of TM, he was successful in getting us back to the Championship at the first time of asking, and has been close to the playoff spots in the last 2 seasons.

Our squad is not really good enough for promotion. The fact that Mowbray has managed to keep us in the fight for a playoff spot is testament to not just his hard work, but the work of all our backroom staff and players themselves. If we are serious about getting promoted, this backroom team and this crop of young players need to be supported by significant investment, and we need to bring in some real quality players next season to go for a promotion push.

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

I've always thought there is something in there too.  It's another example of Mowbray & co not developing these players, playing to their strengths  etc.  Instead, in and out and different people ahead of him all the time, no chance of forming on field partnerships etc etc....

Similar story at right back

• Like 1