BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Peter Whittingham

• Backroom
14 hours ago, m1st said:

Obviously we never had the best of him; but, at least, he wasn't a Danny Murphy, using Rovers as a transition into another career.

Perhaps we signed him a season too late.

RIP Peter Whittingham 

Agreed, with Danny Murphy it felt like he didn't give a shit and was around for one last payday - he also backed Kean which instantly puts a black mark against his name. With Whittingham I think it was just a season too far and also an inability to adapt to League 1 football, which is significantly different to the Championship. 

• Like 2

It's incredible how durable the human body can be on one hand, whilst extremely fragile on the other. People have survived all kinds of crazy shit, but you hit your head the wrong way and you're a goner. Had a coworker who was a little worse for wear after a night out. She was climbing the stairs at home, only got to the second step but fell backwards. She went into a coma and died not long after. 

RIP

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When someone is highly thought of at previous clubs they often deserve the benefit of the doubt. Whittingham for me was one of those people. Never got the impression it didn't work out because he didn't care or that he had a bad attitude. 

I can remember arguing with someone on another forum who thought Lowe was a better player and should have been kept instead. What a clown! Whittingham had more talent in his little finger than Lowe could ever dream of.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

On 28/03/2020 at 14:01, Vinjay said:

When someone is highly thought of at previous clubs they often deserve the benefit of the doubt. Whittingham for me was one of those people. Never got the impression it didn't work out because he didn't care or that he had a bad attitude. 

I can remember arguing with someone on another forum who thought Lowe was a better player and should have been kept instead. What a clown! Whittingham had more talent in his little finger than Lowe could ever dream of.

Even if he was having a quiet game Whittingham could usually do something out of ordinary, a nice cross field pass etc.. Lowe was just ordinary all the time.

On 29/03/2020 at 23:33, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even if he was having a quiet game Whittingham could usually do something out of ordinary, a nice cross field pass etc.. Lowe was just ordinary all the time.

You just have to look at some of the goals Whittingham scored and the amount of them he got at Cardiff. Got 20+ from midfield one season there. Lowe, only one goal springs to mind.