BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Peter Whittingham

6 hours ago, Amo said:

Always fascinating to see the reverence Fulham fans have for Danny Murphy. :blink:

Obviously i hope he makes a full recovery but there were similarities in the winding down look when he was here.

We certainly didn't see him at his best, but to be honest I think that was partially down to the fact that by the beginning of the season he wasn't going to dislodge Dack as the creative force or Smallwood in the defensive role so he didn't really fit into the system. The rest of our transfer activity that summer pretty much rendered him obsolete before we kicked a ball. A disappointment but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Murphy, a player who we were relying on and was just terrible.

In the grand scheme of things I have no ill will towards Whittingham from his time here, quite a bit of admiration for his Cardiff career and hope he makes a good and speedy recovery. 

Edit - ten minutes after I posted the above we get confirmation of his passing. Tragic by any measure, no age to go at all. 

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 1