Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AdamRochina

Peter Whittingham

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Rest in peace Peter!

 

Terrible news.

Edited by neophox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful news, thoughts with his family particularly his wife and young son. 35 No age at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tragic no other way to describe it - RIP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got going here but had some career at Cardiff. Tragic news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Peter and sincere condolences to his family.

Football seems insignificant sometimes and we all need perspective occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible news. Thoughts with his family at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R.I.P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in shocked. 

RIP Peter Whittingham

my thoughts and feelings is with his family 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful news, he was clearly well thought of by those who played with him, such a tragedy to pass so young.

RIP Peter Whittingham 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful news. Thoughts are with his family. RIP Peter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking - to have a career as good as he did and then when it comes a time to start to move to the next chapter, a simple accident takes it all away. 

RIP and massive condolences to his family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously we never had the best of him; but, at least, he wasn't a Danny Murphy, using Rovers as a transition into another career.

Perhaps we signed him a season too late.

RIP Peter Whittingham 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Peter Whittingham, gone far too soon

Sincere condolences to his Family and Friends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R.I.P. Peter. Condolences to his family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, m1st said:

Obviously we never had the best of him; but, at least, he wasn't a Danny Murphy, using Rovers as a transition into another career.

Perhaps we signed him a season too late.

RIP Peter Whittingham 

Agreed, with Danny Murphy it felt like he didn't give a shit and was around for one last payday - he also backed Kean which instantly puts a black mark against his name. With Whittingham I think it was just a season too far and also an inability to adapt to League 1 football, which is significantly different to the Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's incredible how durable the human body can be on one hand, whilst extremely fragile on the other. People have survived all kinds of crazy shit, but you hit your head the wrong way and you're a goner. Had a coworker who was a little worse for wear after a night out. She was climbing the stairs at home, only got to the second step but fell backwards. She went into a coma and died not long after. 

RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When someone is highly thought of at previous clubs they often deserve the benefit of the doubt. Whittingham for me was one of those people. Never got the impression it didn't work out because he didn't care or that he had a bad attitude. 

I can remember arguing with someone on another forum who thought Lowe was a better player and should have been kept instead. What a clown! Whittingham had more talent in his little finger than Lowe could ever dream of.

Edited by Vinjay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 14:01, Vinjay said:

When someone is highly thought of at previous clubs they often deserve the benefit of the doubt. Whittingham for me was one of those people. Never got the impression it didn't work out because he didn't care or that he had a bad attitude. 

I can remember arguing with someone on another forum who thought Lowe was a better player and should have been kept instead. What a clown! Whittingham had more talent in his little finger than Lowe could ever dream of.

Even if he was having a quiet game Whittingham could usually do something out of ordinary, a nice cross field pass etc.. Lowe was just ordinary all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2020 at 23:33, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even if he was having a quiet game Whittingham could usually do something out of ordinary, a nice cross field pass etc.. Lowe was just ordinary all the time.

You just have to look at some of the goals Whittingham scored and the amount of them he got at Cardiff. Got 20+ from midfield one season there. Lowe, only one goal springs to mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.