BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - 1992/3

Very skilful player. I was in the crowd wearing a Rovers shirt at Stanford Stadium near San Francisco when Wegerle played for the USA v. Brazil in the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup. It was American Independence Day as well, so a brilliant atmosphere. I was about 20 rows back from the half way line and when the teams were warming up I shouted “Weggers” at the top of my voice and the man looked up and waved and gave thumbs up at the shirt, even though he had left Rovers by then. The fans around me thought it was great, asking if I knew him personally. Like most yanks, they had no idea who anyone on the US team was, they just wanted to see and be seen. They learned all about Blackburn Rovers though! In the game itself, Wegerle came on as sub.

• Like 6

That match was the only Ewood game where we were physically threatened by opposition fans. We were making our way through the wooded area up to the Manxman when a group of Geordie fans angry at the last gasp goal were trying to get us involved in a scrap! We just ignored them and tempers cooled! I’d forgotten they were in the Championship at the time.

• Like 1

Remember we had a really good end to the season, think we won 8/9 out of our last 10/11 games or so.

I especially loved that Liverpool game with most of my school mates being Liverpool fans, my first taste of bragging rights in the school yard I think.

• Like 1