Sign in to follow this  
Herbie6590

BRFCS TV

It’s August 1992. A young man called Alan Shearer is about to make his league debut for Blackburn Rovers. I don’t know about you but I have a good feeling about this young man.

Following the exciting draw on the opening day, Rovers midweek victory over Arsenal set up the visit of Man City to Ewood Park nicely...could Rovers make it back to back home wins ?

After the midweek draw with Chelsea - another clean sheet - Rovers go to Highfield Road to face Coventry who have Kevin Gallacher returning to their ranks. 

Great watching these Ian, keep ‘em coming! I know I’ve got all mine upstairs (tfd from VHS) but it’s so much easier watching on here. We went to the Coventry game whilst on our way up from Cornwall and I couldn’t remember the score.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Great watching these Ian, keep ‘em coming! I know I’ve got all mine upstairs (tfd from VHS) but it’s so much easier watching on here. We went to the Coventry game whilst on our way up from Cornwall and I couldn’t remember the score.

I've so far digitised the whole of 1992/3...I'll try & edit at least one per day s/t health of nearest & dearest (& me...!)

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

I've so far digitised the whole of 1992/3...I'll try & edit at least one per day s/t health of nearest & dearest (& me...!)

😂 Great stuff

14 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

What a good lad!!

I was at the Palace match in 92 and must confess to wondering at the time who this Shearer lad was that we'd just signed.... Then he scored those two goals - I think it was love at first sight.

To be fair he had played (and scored) for England before we’d signed him.

Edited by Mattyblue

i had doubts about jack paying 3.3 million for a player who great at southampton but did`nt score that many goals there,changed my mind completely when he demolished the norwich defence in the 7-1 win,mind you i thought souness should have signed berkowitz and not tugay🙄so don`t take any notice of my scouting ability!!!!!!

21 hours ago, iacok said:

Many thanks CLB!

No problem mate, don’t mention it. I think I’ll milk this for a bit...😂 

Seriously, it’s Ian/Herbie you need to be thanking.

On 21/03/2020 at 04:14, Herbie6590 said:

It’s August 1992. A young man called Alan Shearer is about to make his league debut for Blackburn Rovers. I don’t know about you but I have a good feeling about this young man.

Bloody Dalglish not being able to close a game out....

September 1992 - following the away win at Coventry, Rovers welcome Brian Clough's Forest to Ewood - could Rovers maintain their solid start to the season? Would Mark Crossley keep Shearer at bay?