BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - 1992/3

October 3rd 1992 - I actually missed this game as I had a prior appointment but Rovers were at home to Norwich City - at kick off, the league leaders...

For some reason, YouTube thinks my clip is a WBA game & blocked it on copyright grounds so follow this clip for all the goals & mine for the pre & post match bits !

IMG_9608.jpeg

It's a bit like nipping out to the local Tesco now - you don't realise what you've got, till it is gone! 

Although I was living in London in 1992, I managed to get to many of the games in the capital that season, and it was a magical time, when you felt great pride in being a Rover and part of something really special. It was a complete contrast to my early years as a Rovers fan, when travelling to London was fraught with worries about the narsty southern bootboys (Chelsea, Millwall, Spurs even Leighton Orient had their crews) and under the likes of Bobby Saxton and Howard Kendal and Don Mackay we were always chasing our tails and underdogs wherever we went. Shearer, Ripley, Mimms, Hendry, Wright, Atkins, Cowans, Le Saux, Wilcox, Newell, and the like - you could wear your colours with pride with players like that on the teamsheet, and we were feared (as a footballing force) wherever we went. Those WERE the days!!

• Like 5

November 1992 ends with QPR visiting Ewood & Rovers frankly need a win & Shearer needs a goal... #DalglishOut wasn't trending...thinking about it, nothing was trending...oh happy days.

Equally Shearer wasn't playing wide right, though frankly if he had, he would still have been in the top 3 right wingers in the country...

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 12.41.39pm.png