BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sky Sports accounts can be paused

For anyone that is not aware, Sky are allowing people to "pause" their sports packages with no penalties.

It's difficult to get through on the phones but they are hopeful you will be able to pause it online by the weekend.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/03/sky-sports-to-let-customers--pause--their-accounts-amid-coronavi/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those who haven't already done this. It's now available online & literally took me 30secs to do.

You don't lose the channels, they just don't charge you. Billing automatically resumes once sports resume. Well worth it. Just saved myself £50pcm with a couple of clicks. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/pause-sky-sports

• Like 4

10 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

For those who haven't already done this. It's now available online & literally took me 30secs to do.

You don't lose the channels, they just don't charge you. Billing automatically resumes once sports resume. Well worth it. Just saved myself £50pcm with a couple of clicks. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/pause-sky-sports

Yep. I paused it and then immediately starting watching the Gary Neville Soccerbox's that are on. The Alan Shearer one focuses on the 2-0 win at Ewood over Man Utd when he scored twice and at least half of the program is on his Rovers career.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

I suspended mine at the weekend. In fairness to Sky they have made it so easy to do but they must be really concerned that significant numbers will not re subscribe when normality returns. For me personally it's a decision I will think long and hard about.

There was a good piece in today’s Times on just that.

League’s across sport are resigned to the fact that TV rights deals have now peaked and future contracts could slump dramatically as Sky/BT here and foreign subscription services are shedding customers and may never recover many of them.

• 2 months later...

I changed over from sky to bt a few days before the lockdown started because I wanted to watch the champions league latter stages. I added sky sports as an extra so I could still watch championship football. Does anybody know if I can still use the red button option. I saw our games against Burnley and Liverpool where on the on demand but but I can’t watch them because I’m on Bt. If that makes any sense and somebody knows the answer it would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

The red button has been removed by Sky for the remainder of this season, so no you can't.

To quote the yoof of today... that’s sketchy AF.

Glad I cancelled.