BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What are your favourite sports books?

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Apart from that time he attempted suicide....

Aye, theres a massive back story of him lending money etc, using his dubious mental health as an excuse not to pay back etc....which I can't be arsed going through, but he's not all he's cracked up to be is old Clarke.  

Iv'e every sympathy with his problems but throwing yourself in front of a moving truck is the work of a twat. Do not drag other people into your situation like that let alone risk killing them and others. That's for terrorists.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e every sympathy with his problems but throwing yourself in front of a moving truck is the work of a twat. Do not drag other people into your situation like that let alone risk killing them and others. That's for terrorists.

Wholeheartedly agree.

What makes it the worst is that the truck driver that he collided with subsequently committed suicide himself.

• Like 5

Since this is Sports books not just football books and the topic of mental illness has already been aired

Coming Back To Me - Marcus Trescothik - the cricket fans on here will have already read it - if you havent its worth a couple of days of lockdown time.....

• Backroom
On 27/03/2020 at 15:00, K-Hod said:

The book The Damned United and subsequent film were just brilliant.

Martin Sheen absolutely nails the likeness of Clough in that.

Michael!

Have to say I preferred 'Clough', the ITV documentary of the same year to The Damned United.

Similarly love 'I believe in Miracles' dedicated to Clough's time at Forest. Brilliant film and a classic late 70s soundtrack.

• Backroom

As for books, Matt Jansen's one of the best and most honest I've read. And that's not bias, lent it to friends who support other clubs (and my dingle father-in-law) who all enjoyed it.

13 hours ago, grinder said:

Since this is Sports books not just football books and the topic of mental illness has already been aired

Coming Back To Me - Marcus Trescothik - the cricket fans on here will have already read it - if you havent its worth a couple of days of lockdown time.....

Yes, I read that on holiday a couple of years ago. It's very good.

On 29/03/2020 at 11:01, Darrenbot said:

The best non football sports book ive read recently is The Russian Five.Its about Detroit Red Wings in the 1990's and their attempts to smuggle Russian ice hockey players out of Russia and get them out to America to play for them in the NHL.

The doc Red army on netflix covers this a bit. Great show.