BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Worst Rovers 11

On 02/04/2020 at 21:37, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah, played one game away at West Ham in the 94-95 season. Looked very average.

Was at that game - was excited at the time to see him as he came with a billy-bigballs-foreigner reputation. Think we had Patrik Anderson at the same time? Dino baggio also around the same period of time.

On 03/04/2020 at 04:50, Hasta said:

I don't think Matty Holmes was a bad player. He just wasn't the signing you needed or expected when you had just been crowned champions of England and were playing in the Champions League.

Just had a look on wikipedia at what happened to his career and he had a career ending injury soon after he left us to go to Charlton.

Yup by the worlds dirtiest player.

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Was at that game - was excited at the time to see him as he came with a billy-bigballs-foreigner reputation. Think we had Patrik Anderson at the same time? Dino baggio also around the same period of time.

Anderson was a couple of years previous. Scored in league cup semi at Hillsborough! Didn't play many games though.

Baggie was a strange one, he was about 10 years or so later. Scored at Leeds in 2003.

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Baggio was mid 2000s

When we played that Turkish side away - Glencirbigli ? I dashed home from work to watch the game on TV. I got in about 2 mins after the kick off so I missed the team sheet on the screen. After about 5 minutes I'd figured out 10 of the players but I couldn't work out who the last one was. After about 25-30 minutes Baggio actually touched the ball and I realised he was the eleventh player !

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

There is a disproportionate amount of players from the Hodgson and Kean era's, quite rightly too.

I have another; Santa Cruz when he came back.

Fantastic before that though. Most accomplished header off a ball I've seen at Rovers. 

1 hour ago, Commondore said:

Fantastic before that though. Most accomplished header off a ball I've seen at Rovers. 

I think I'd agree with that. Jim Fryatt was a top class header of the ball but really average at everything else. Rudy Gestede was at that level heading wise also but better with the ball at his feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think I'd agree with that. Jim Fryatt was a top class header of the ball but really average at everything else. Rudy Gestede was at that level heading wise also but better with the ball at his feet.

Gestede was class for us. He's done nothing since and probably never will.

8 hours ago, Commondore said:

Absolutely. First time around he was unplayable at times. City paid big money for him for a reason. There was also a reason why European super power Bayern Munich let him go.

18 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Goulon was absolute garbage. An imposter. Built like a prop forward but slower. Big Sam must have got some cash from that deal. He'd be the worst for me. 

Was it him who started against Utd in that 7-1 annihilation? Did he get subbed before half time?