BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You can change one result in Rovers' history....

Across the road from my house is a common bounded by a row of trees that are always in lovely pink and and white blossom around this time of year. On the Monday morning after the win I remember walking to work through lots of blossom on the footpath. Looking out of my lounge window I can see the blossom starting to fill the footpath again. This time of year it always takes me back to that Monday morning and that feeling of pure euphoria I felt.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I find this very strange.

Obviously I wanted to win the game, but I remember the conspiracy theories out in full force before the game suggesting that Liverpool would go easy on us and wouldn't be bothered.

To stop any rediculous doubts, I think what happened was the best outcome.

Indeed. Conspiracy theories orchestrated by Man United. At least that's one thing they don't have as an excuse. 

On 15/04/2020 at 16:09, oldjamfan1 said:

Good thread! An absolute no-brainer for me. If I could change one result in Rovers' history it would be the 3-0 defeat at Selhurst Park in 1989. The worst feeling I have ever had walking off a football ground. 

No need to go past the first reply on this thread, without doubt the worst I have ever felt walking away from the ground, I was 10 years old and sobbing like a baby, it sticks with me to this day. 

• Like 2

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 07:25, The Gull said:

No need to go past the first reply on this thread, without doubt the worst I have ever felt walking away from the ground, I was 10 years old and sobbing like a baby, it sticks with me to this day. 

If the result went Rovers way and promotion achieved would there have been a title in 1995?

There would have been no need for Dalglish as Mackay was able to do it. He would have had the keys to the club too as he managed it all on a shoestring budget.

If I could change only one result in MY time of watching Rovers it would be to reverse a scoreline.

F.A.Cup final 1960.   Wolves 0 Rovers 3.

That was 60 years ago. Good heavens!  But it would have given us an extra FA Cup win and extra trophy that would last for ever, even when people have forgotten Selhurst Park and the Chelsea semi-final.

That season we had already beaten the cream of the first division; Spurs, Burnley and Sheff Wed. All we had to do was beat the fourth of the cream teams, But there was Derek Dougan and Dave Whelan's broken leg. Alas.......not to be.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

If the result went Rovers way and promotion achieved would there have been a title in 1995?

There would have been no need for Dalglish as Mackay was able to do it. He would have had the keys to the club too as he managed it all on a shoestring budget.

you had to be there in that era to appreciate standing on the old blackburn end with a team put together on a shoestring that played good,honest attacking football,promotion might have brought a season or two in the top flight before the sky behamoth took over,in the end jack would have come on board anyway imo,he was showing interest for a couple of years beforehand,i`ve never felt so bad about a result after that palace game,devasted as i was about englands demise in the 1990 world cup,it still did`nt come close to how bad i felt about that play off

• Like 2

The Celtic loss hurt me the most as I was at a glasgow high school and was confident all day of a rovers win, got pelters next day. 
honourable mentions to trelleborgs embarrassment and Newcastle knocked us out the fa cup in a replay 93/94 , lee Clark scored, I felt we had a chance to win the cup that year 

• Like 1