BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Your best ever UK and Ireland Blackburn 11!

3 hours ago, McClarky said:

Funny how we’ve been stronger at left back than right back.  I would have a Rathbone, Wright, Warnock as solid back up for Le Saux but struggled to pick a right back.  I’ve probably forgotten a few though to be fair.

Keith Newton, Jeff Kenna, 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

How close is Tugay to that 11 Tyrone?

Agree that's high praise for Bellamy indeed considering he only played 32 games for us, but what a player. Had you out of your seat everytime he got the ball.

He could come on for Dougie when Bryan had run them ragged. I always wondered what Tugay would be like playing further forward.

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He could come on for Dougie when Bryan had run them ragged. I always wondered what Tugay would be like playing further forward.

I think he did earlier on in his career in Turkey.

He was so good at dictating play though when he came here, I don't think he would have been as effective further forward

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've seen a lot of great strikers at Ewood over the years that could partner Shearer. Fred Pickering, Andy Mac, McCarthy, Kevin Gallagher, Jansen, Sutton, Santa Cruz etc. I rated them all but Bellamy just had that little bit extra.

I think if we're looking at a "perfect partner" for Shearer, I always thought Santa Cruz would have been an ideal foil for him. Them two could have caused absolute chaos for defenders in there prime.

Individual players though, I have to agree with Bellamy. A fantastic player who always made you think something was to happen when he had the ball.

52 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think he did earlier on in his career in Turkey.

He was so good at dictating play though when he came here, I don't think he would have been as effective further forward

I think if we're looking at a "perfect partner" for Shearer, I always thought Santa Cruz would have been an ideal foil for him. Them two could have caused absolute chaos for defenders in there prime.

Individual players though, I have to agree with Bellamy. A fantastic player who always made you think something was to happen when he had the ball.

I still think Archibald would be Shearers best partner . Which one would defenders double up on?

• Like 1

On 20/04/2020 at 21:19, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've seen a lot of great strikers at Ewood over the years that could partner Shearer. Fred Pickering, Andy Mac, McCarthy, Kevin Gallagher, Jansen, Sutton, Santa Cruz etc. I rated them all but Bellamy just had that little bit extra.

Sutton could’ve scored more goals but was a good partner for Shearer 

13 hours ago, IrelandsRover said:

Sutton could’ve scored more goals but was a good partner for Shearer 

Yeah Sutton was top class. I remember seeing him chest control a long, wind assisted goal kick from Tim Flowers and drop it instantly straight down onto his foot. A really difficult skill and he performed it to perfection.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah Sutton was top class. I remember seeing him chest control a long, wind assisted goal kick from Tim Flowers and drop it instantly straight down onto his foot. A really difficult skill and he performed it to perfection.

The fact that he could play in just about any position on the park at the highest level tells you how good Chris Sutton was.

Annoyingly, he was an excellent cricketer too!