BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Team that Jack built

• 3 months later...
On 05/05/2020 at 07:27, Prelude said:

First time I have seen this since its original airing!

Many thanks for posting, wonderful watch, I'm actually on there behind Jack looking a lot better than I do now celebrating a couple of the goals against Derby and I never knew that footage existed!

Random thoughts:

Terry Ibbotson right at start of clip, best Chief Exec we've ever had, had to deal with all sorts of opposition from all quarters regarding the building of the new ground.

John Howarth former Club Sec - completely out of his depth after Jack took over - ditto Beamish to some extent.

Dear old Bill Bancroft managing to sound incredibly pompous

Crystal Palace away - shudder- worst day of my life up to that point prior to my parents passing away. later on in life.

How churlish and ungrateful  did Burnley Bob Coar sound about the whole thing? Dear me.

Contrast that with Dalglish who showed suitable appreciation of Jack's input and knew everyone was only there because of him. I don't think anyone around today has the personal charisma King Kenny had back when he joined us nor the kudos he carried  gained from the unique combination of him being a world class player and subsequently  incredibly successful manager.

Wonderful memories and times.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Many thanks for posting, wonderful watch, I'm actually on there behind Jack looking a lot better than I do now celebrating a couple of the goals against Derby and I never knew that footage existed!

Random thoughts:

Terry Ibbotson right at start of clip, best Chief Exec we've ever had, had to deal with all sorts of opposition from all quarters regarding the building of the new ground.

John Howarth former Club Sec - completely out of his depth after Jack took over - ditto Beamish to some extent.

Dear old Bill Bancroft managing to sound incredibly pompous

Crystal Palace away - shudder- worst day of my life up to that point prior to my parents passing away. later on in life.

How churlish and ungrateful  did Burnley Bob Coar sound about the whole thing? Dear me.

Contrast that with Dalglish who showed suitable appreciation of Jack's input and knew everyone was only there because of him. I don't think anyone around today has the personal charisma King Kenny had back when he joined us nor the kudos he carried  gained from the unique combination of him being a world class player and subsequently  incredibly successful manager.

Wonderful memories and times.

Great post Rev

A marvellous and generous benefactor to Rovers and the Town...we could never repay his philanthropy and benevolence but we will always keep his memory alive and strong.A Supporter and true fan with the drive,determination and Ammunition to make a difference.I'm sure we would all love to relive 'the Walker years'.

But then we are suddenly back in the Room,back to the present and the cold light of day.As the stock of the Club falls,Gates deminish and Ewood Park starts to look somewhat jaded,we look to our present owners but are met with a wall of silence and uncertainty.

What do you want from us? Cry the fans...

We'll just have to keep hoping there is another uncle Jack somewhere,sometime in the future for the good of ALL of us and this ancient and great Football Club.

?

Edited by A Northern Horde...