BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

On 01/06/2020 at 13:33, windymiller7 said:

My daughter's just got herself a little part time job. One of the pubs down the road have bought a chip van to try & get a little bit of income (also serving takeaway draught & bottled beers!). they were looking for an assistant and they saw her post on FB looking for part time work so gave her a ring.

She worked Thurs, Fri & Sat evenings - the queues were all across the car park & halfway down the road! they made a killing & are looking at keeping  it even after lockdown.

No more "Dad, I'm bored!" or "Dad, can I have some money!"

Not the Dog Inn at whittle by any chance?

I wasnt there when she appeared.

The Superheroes of Sale have been doing a great job. They're a group of runners who do daily runs dressed as superheroes. You can ask them to come and say Happy Birthday to your child and they publish their routes, call at peoples houses, knock and stand at a distance for photos. Theyve raised over £5K for Ronald McDonald House so far and brought a lot of fun to a lot of kids who cant celebrate their birthday as they normally would. 

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 3

I got all of my 4 sleeping through from 10 till 6 most nights within a couple of months but before that theyd wake up every 2 hours. My grandson took nearly a year to start sleeping through and I dont think my youngest grandson ever sleeps for more than 4 hours at a time and hes nearly 3

Our eldest was sleeping through from about 10 weeks - all he did was sleep and eat. Come to think of it he's not changed much yet and he'll be 37 soon. His brother never slept through more than an odd night until he was 5. I always thought it was nature's way of encouraging us to have a second but not a third.

Congratulations and good luck Mike!

On 22/06/2020 at 22:26, only2garners said:

I’ve got a restaurant booking! My son has booked a table at The Barn at Moor Hall for him, my wife and I on 7th July. That’s the day they plan to open again ad also my wife’s birthday.

That's also my Mum's birthday. Can she tag along as well, save me a job!? ?

• Like 1

Jet 2 keep cancelling our flights to Spain, then they want to charge us a £35  fee for re-booking a new flight. On top of that they want to increase the cost of the new flights by £50 per person. Just because they're wearing a mask it doesn't mean they can rob people. According to my wife we are being charged another £135 for a problem that isn't of our making !

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jet 2 keep cancelling our flights to Spain, then they want to charge us a £35  fee for re-booking a new flight. On top of that they want to increase the cost of the new flights by £50 per person. Just because they're wearing a mask it doesn't mean they can rob people. According to my wife we are being charged another £135 for a problem that isn't of our making !

We had a fly stay holiday cancelled by jet2 and they gave us the option of getting our money back, which they have to do legally,  which we took and got our money back. Can you not do that then book again?

we also had flights cancelled by Ryanair which we were going to claim our money back for, but the villa we had booked to go with it pointed out that the airlines must offer you alternative flights. We rebooked with no extra cost.