BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

Well done to the police for hacking into an encrypted phone system and arresting hundreds of hard core criminals. Every law abiding citizen in this country should be grateful. It appears that some were hiding behind the legitimacy of being successful businessmen. The Sky commentator said the public will be surprised when their names are announced.

https://news.sky.com/story/operation-venetic-police-catch-hundreds-suspected-of-leading-secret-criminal-lives-by-cracking-codes-12019558

• Like 1

On 27/05/2020 at 16:25, only2garners said:

At the weekend we decided we would walk the Ribble Way as a project whilst lockdown keeps us at home. We live close to one end so decided to start at the other end and walk backwards one day trip at a time.

We just finished the Ribble Way today with a walk from home to the Fish on Longton Marsh (proper name Dolphin Inn). Celebrated with lunch and my first proper pint since the beginning of February. We've now walked all the way from Ribblehead to the Fish.

On another lockdown project I have agreed to cycle 1,000 miles for charity over the next few months. I'll be doing it for WaterAid, a charity close to my heart and which I had a very small part in helping set up in 1982. If anyone wants to find our more and/or sponsor me ave a look at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/John-Wareing5.

On 01/07/2020 at 11:02, RoverDom said:

Good news after cancelling our holiday this year we decided to get a puppy. Lal pup was born this weekend and can be picked up in 8 weeks! 

Well done, and good luck with the pup. Doggies are great fun and will give you years of affection and great memories.

Money much better spent than the ephemeral pleasures of a here-today gone-tomorrow holiday.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Well done, and good luck with the pup. Doggies are great fun and will give you years of affection and great memories.

Money much better spent than the ephemeral pleasures of a here-today gone-tomorrow holiday.

Cheers Jim ? I might come back to this in about 10 weeks time when the house has been destroyed...

• Backroom
18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Got my first golf lesson tomorrow. Not played since I was a kid, let’s hope it goes alright and I get a feel for the sport again!

I'm always up for a game when you're happy :)

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'm always up for a game when you're happy :)

Good man. I really enjoyed it today and I feel like I have the bug now!

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 11:02, RoverDom said:

Good news after cancelling our holiday this year we decided to get a puppy. Lal pup was born this weekend and can be picked up in 8 weeks! 

So jealous.

My eldest daughter is scared of dogs and even though i am planning on being a dog owner in the future, i'm going to have to wait a while longer.

What breed of dog are you getting?

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/07/2020 at 21:09, davulsukur said:

So jealous.

My eldest daughter is scared of dogs and even though i am planning on being a dog owner in the future, i'm going to have to wait a while longer.

What breed of dog are you getting?

Only just clocked this.

Getting a black lab. Its 4 and a half weeks old at the moment, we got over to see the breeder for the first time last weekend which has made me dead excited, both mum and dad have a good temperament and dad is a good strong dog.

I was never the most confident around dogs when I was younger but always absolutely loved my friends dogs. Always wary of dogs in the park that run up to you but would let my mates dog run all over me.  

17 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Had a good day in Birmingham yesterday with my dad. Had lunch at the Indian Streatery on Bennett's Hill, and it was brilliant.

I've been to Indian Streatery myself, often after one of two 'liveners' in The Old Joint Stock on Temple Row.

Two great venues NR.

Edited by Gav

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Not really. In fact I'd have expected Emily to want to know as she likes to be organised and prepared but they just said they'd rather not know.

I wasn't fussed about knowing, but Mrs E wanted to know (same reasons, being organised etc) and I'd rather just know than make her keep a secret

I never wanted to know. I refused all scans until I had my 4th child when there were some problems with the pregnancy and I had to have one. I hated it, all that cold slimy jelly smeared on a painfully stretched stomach(I was huge with my 4th) I vowed never again.