BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

But very clever at getting out of a job she doesn't really want to

You could say that. It's like any job - if your heart's not in it don't do it. You'll only make a mess of it. Of course being a former engineer everything has to be bang on for me, I can't help it, that's just the way you get trained.

As a told her the other day - If 22 kids out of 25 in her English group pass their English GCE that's a success story. If I'm bolting an engine on an aircraft wing and I get 22 out of 25 bolts in that's a disaster.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, gumboots said:

But very clever at getting out of a job she doesn't really want to

That's not being clever. Men have known that trick since the beginning of time.

Asked to do a job? Do it badly enough that you never get asked again. 

Edited by JacknOry

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

That's not being clever. Men have known that trick since the beginning of time.

Asked to do a job? Do it badly enough that you never get asked again. 

Doesn't work when wife's a teacher: 'Well do it again until you get it right.'

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Gav said:

Where you playing Mike?

Played at Oak Royal. Gone back to my old clubs, too. Couldn't settle with Cobra F7s so back to my Ping Zing 2s

49 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Played at Oak Royal. Gone back to my old clubs, too. Couldn't settle with Cobra F7s so back to my Ping Zing 2s

Never played that course, my brothers mates with the owners son, or used to be, not sure if its changed hands since.

Not played in years myself, I miss it, need to find time to get back out there.

On 13/05/2020 at 17:03, only2garners said:

My tooth bridge fell out yesterday - it was a temporary fix that should have been replaced at my check-up in April which never happened. So I rang my dentist.

She said that she is not allowed to do the work right now but she could give me a kit to do it myself! She said it was easy.

So I picked up the kit this morning and it came with two bags of sterilised tools, the sort you see in the tray when you go to the dentists - somewhat alarming. My wife has just done the work after taking the precaution of watching a YouTube video.  It seems hard to find a subject you can't get a YouTube film on these days. Half an hour later and everything seems fine!

Spoke too soon. So far it's dropped out twice. I rang the dentist for any further advice but there really isn't any. One final attempt tonight or I'll be with left with an endearing gap for the duration.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, only2garners said:

Spoke too soon. So far it's dropped out twice. I rang the dentist for any further advice but there really isn't any. One final attempt tonight or I'll be with left with an endearing gap for the duration.

I was due to have root canal work done on a back tooth on the Wednesday of the week they shut down the dentists on the Monday. It's niggling away in the background at the moment. When we'll get seen to is anybodies guess. From what I can see nobody in the dental world is thinking outside the box as to how they can get back to work. 

6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

My dentist has rescheduled a replacement filling from May till July. Hopefully by then I can get it done

Mm, that's interesting. Do you know if it will involve any drilling etc or is it just replacing one that fell out ? Normally that doesn't involve much work that could be seen as aerosol creating.

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Its drill and replace. It's not bad but obviously weak so needs replacing sometime. They're obviously hoping to do repairs first before they do check ups as Kim had one of those cancelled and theyve not contacted him

That's good news. Lets hope they carry out the work on schedule. I was reading some horror stories yesterday regarding people's problems with dentistry, or the lack of it, during the crisis. I also saw an headline that said lots of dental practices will go bust if they can't get the show back on the road soon.

Luckily I will be in no pain should our last attempt fail (we completely forgot about it last night!). I will just have an interesting hole, which luckily is to the side of my mouth.

You would have to think that dentistry would be one of the last services to start up as it's the one thing that you can't do with a mask on.

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Luckily I will be in no pain should our last attempt fail (we completely forgot about it last night!). I will just have an interesting hole, which luckily is to the side of my mouth.

You would have to think that dentistry would be one of the last services to start up as it's the one thing that you can't do with a mask on.

Yes, that's were a method of rapid testing to see if you have the virus will be vital. I read somewhere that people are having to self isolate for two weeks before going into hospital for normal operations at the moment.. Maybe it'll come to something like that ? I could do it but there's no chance of my wife co operating.

My dentist is really good, I've been with him for probably 35 plus years. My worry is he may decide this is a good time to call it a day and retire. He must be in the 60-65 age bracket.