BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Who will be the next Rovers prospect to make a ‘big’ move?

• Backroom

Self explanatory really, not a particularly joyful subject but it’s a matter of fact that real talent want to play at the top.

Out of the current lot who do you think will be the next to get a big money move?

For me it’s Travis, think he has the talent and the mentality to match, can see him ending up at Everton or similar. 

Arguments could be made for Dack but I think his injury may have cost him the chance in January, Lenihan has the tools to succeed and Nyambe is a beast in terms of physical attributes.

Hope Rovers are protected here as they could all attract big fees in the right circumstances 

Yes, agree.  Although, I'm not sure he has the nimble pace that you need in the premier league in the middle.  He needs to improve his basic speed and explosive power to go higher, but I'm sure he knows that.

Nyambe for me can go higher, his growth has been stunted under TM

• Moderation Lead

I definitely think Travis has all the qualities to be a cracking central midfielder. 
If he scores more frequently, I definitely think there will be some concrete interest in him sooner rather than later.

Travis and Nyambe will be the easiest to cash in on for quick money. Probably not even enough in the new market to cover the huge hole blown by the ridiculous couple of overspends. That's going to look even worse now than it did before, just a quick reminder to those who like to chuck heroic status out to the manager and his directors constantly.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Maybe I’m in denial, but I still see Blackburn Rovers as a big deal and wondering to where and when our best players will be sold is too small time for me.

Totally fair point 

I was just thinking through who we have to build a team around and who we may struggle to retain over time

Having said that we can be as big time as we want if we ain’t in the Premier League there’s an obvious step players want to make 

I agree Travis will probably be the next ‘prospect’ to leave. (Assuming Darragh is no longer in the age range to qualify).

However, I think we’ll be disappointed at the fee.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Maybe I’m in denial, but I still see Blackburn Rovers as a big deal and wondering to where and when our best players will be sold is too small time for me.

So would you be an advocate of only signing players who are at an age where "stepping stones" are increasingly unlikely? I went into some detail on this recently. Particularly if in the EPL signing players like Emerton/Pedersen ability level (with more personality) given the FUP limits and inability to climb higher.

Stoke City hardly sold anybody as a "stepping stone" while in the EPL. Of course they were about as interesting as paint drying too but anybody with creativity and vision could change that. Reaching out to more rebellious types and younger fans for instance who won't feel constantly let down by people leaving.

Edited by Vinjay

1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

So would you be an advocate of only signing players who are at an age where "stepping stones" are increasingly unlikely? I went into some detail on this recently. Particularly if in the EPL signing players like Emerton/Pedersen ability level (with more personality) given the FUP limits and inability to climb higher.

Stoke City hardly sold anybody as a "stepping stone" while in the EPL. Of course they were about as interesting as paint drying too but anybody with creativity and vision could change that. Reaching out to more rebellious types and younger fans for instance who won't feel constantly let down by people leaving.

Travis is an academy player,  difficult to tell if he would use the club as a stepping stone but if he is good enough to improve the first team, he needs to play whilst he is here.

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Travis is an academy player,  difficult to tell if he would use the club as a stepping stone but if he is good enough to improve the first team, he needs to play whilst he is here.

Yeah because Academy players would never do that. ? 

If I had my way at Ewood (or other Championship clubs) players like that wouldn't be there anyway. If that meant only signing players 28 and over (with personality) so be it.

Edited by Vinjay

22 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Yeah because Academy players would never do that. ? 

If I had my way at Ewood (or other Championship clubs) players like that wouldn't be there anyway. If that meant only signing players 28 and over (with personality) so be it.

That's why I said its difficult to tell ?‍♂️

You wouldn't have Travis at our club? He's one of our best players? 

Where are you getting all this money to sign players at there peak and then constantly replace them (with other players at their peak) as they start their decline? Staying within FFP limits also?

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

That's why I said its difficult to tell ?‍♂️

You wouldn't have Travis at our club? He's one of our best players? 

Too young, not enough personality. I'm not answering the other questions with those initials being used. Don't take it personally either you could replace with "any Championship club".

Edited by Vinjay

Travis has personality on the pitch where it matters and off it he has never caused a fuss or ruffled any feathers. A true professional that I’m honoured to watch in a blue and white shirt for as long as he is here and when the time comes for him to further his career I will wish him all the best and hopefully use the the transfer fee to replace him or improve the first team squad . The way forward is getting good fees for our prospects and improving the squad with the money . The way Brentford have. There is no shame in being a stepping stone if the player gives his all whilst in a blue and white shirt

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Having said that we can be as big time as we want if we ain’t in the Premier League there’s an obvious step players want to make 

Of course.

There’s always a food chain, we saw that even in the PL days.

But the day I start speculating on whether our players will get a ‘deserved big move’ to the likes of Watford or Brighton is the day I knock it on the head.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Maybe the club would have to be in the EPL to avoid that "no stepping stone" level. In all likelihood with FUP (and billionaires virtually cancelling each other out anyway) midtable EPL is the peak anyway and perhaps Europa League. I'll admit my personal aim would be avoiding the sale of anyone to one particular club. You could sign midtable level players, encourage them to show personality (which might appeal to them more than being corporate robots) and try to sustain that for as long as possible. Also while ensuring the club is the least boring in football and targeting a younger, edgier, counter culture fanbase and similar staff. I would distribute free tickets (a percentage of course has to go to EPL but you could easily pay the minimum from Tv funds) to those types of people only and some of the existing fans. People who belittled the club, defended the Walker family, attacked protesters, etc would never set foot in Ewood on my watch that's for sure. 

I would do the above at any club who's realistic peak is midtable/Europa with FUP. The one difference is I would know right away which fans to get rid of here. The biggest scores wouldn't be on the pitch that's for sure. They would be the ones settled.

Managers could easily be rotated every 4-5 years as well and 65-70. Or someone like Maradona.

Edited by Vinjay

Lenihan and Travis could both play at a higher level I think. Not as stand outs, but solid lower mid table players. Both are excellent at their core roles and have a little more to offer as well.

Actually think both of them have a brighter future than Dack as they have all the physical attributes whereas Dack looks like he will be a little short of what is required in the Prem.

11 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Too young, not enough personality. I'm not answering the other questions with those initials being used. Don't take it personally either you could replace with "any Championship club".

But that's what its called.

10 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Maybe the club would have to be in the EPL to avoid that "no stepping stone" level. In all likelihood with FUP (and billionaires virtually cancelling each other out anyway) midtable EPL is the peak anyway and perhaps Europa League. I'll admit my personal aim would be avoiding the sale of anyone to one particular club. You could sign midtable level players, encourage them to show personality (which might appeal to them more than being corporate robots) and try to sustain that for as long as possible. Also while ensuring the club is the least boring in football and targeting a younger, edgier, counter culture fanbase and similar staff. I would distribute free tickets (a percentage of course has to go to EPL but you could easily pay the minimum from Tv funds) to those types of people only and some of the existing fans. People who belittled the club, defended the Walker family, attacked protesters, etc would never set foot in Ewood on my watch that's for sure. 

I would do the above at any club who's realistic peak is midtable/Europa with FUP. The one difference is I would know right away which fans to get rid of here. The biggest scores wouldn't be on the pitch that's for sure. They would be the ones settled.

Managers could easily be rotated every 4-5 years as well and 65-70. Or someone like Maradona.

Oh, I see. It's just about your endless personal vendettas.

Should have known really.

Travis and Nyambe is our best players and we should keep them. Also Lenihan would attract interest. 

Think Brereton will come good, still young we should keep our quality players like Holtby, Dack and Downing. 

I hope Rankin-Costello, Buckley and Chapman come good. 

Think Graham, Bennett, Leutwiler and Smallwood will leave. 

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

But that's what its called.

Oh, I see. It's just about your endless personal vendettas.

Should have known really.

So if they called it the "anti-Jack Walker rule" you would go along with that? Got to do as you're told.

It's about getting rid of what's wrong with the mindset of many clubs. The majority of my post (other than the specific things that would apply to this club only) could apply to any Championship club. There's nothing wrong with different ideas.

Edited by Vinjay

Armstrong ... Or at least it would have been 

he as excelled during Dacks absence , if the season had continued I could quite easily have seen him score another 5-6 goals

A young English striker who scores goals and has pace to burn PL clubs drool over them he could easily have left this summer for 15-20m to a Southampton or a West Ham type club

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

So if they called it the "anti-Jack Walker rule" you would go along with that? Got to do as you're told.

It's about getting rid of what's wrong with the mindset of many clubs. The majority of my post (other than the specific things that would apply to this club only) could apply to any Championship club. There's nothing wrong with different ideas.

I didn't say I supported it, just that it's called FFP not FUP.

Different ideas are absolutely needed, in pretty much every business in order to grow/survive.

"Kicking Sir Alex Ferguson out" before our opening league one game (as you stated in another thread) is childish at best and despite gaining a few smiles from liverpool fans would gain nothing but condemnation from the footballing world, tarnishing Rovers (or any club) with a rep of being pathetic.

So yeah, good ideas to attract new fans, absolutely.

Driving existing fans away to try and gain some new ones, pointless.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Different ideas are absolutely needed, in pretty much every business in order to grow/survive.

"Kicking Alex Ferguson out" before our opening league one game (as you stated in another thread) is childish at best and despite gaining a few smiles from liverpool fans would gain nothing but condemnation from the footballing world, tarnishing Rovers (or any club) with a rep of being pathetic.

So yeah, good ideas to attract new fans, absolutely.

Driving existing fans away to try and gain some new ones, pointless.

The same types who defended Steve Kean and showed nothing but contempt for Jack Walker while he was alive and after his death? I wouldn't give a toss.

Edited by Vinjay