SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS ? 25 years today

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He did it pre every game as he ran towards the Blackburn End 

‘Colin, show us your arse!’

?

‘Wahhheyyy’

He certainly did in his first spell, he usually had a shocking pair of grey undies on! Though I seem to recall Kenny or Ray asked him to stop doing it when we reached the prem?

Edit - posted this before I saw @tomphil’s similar reply.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

On 14/05/2020 at 12:50, tomphil said:

Amazing, surreal still to this day. The town will never see scenes like that again.

I think of all the generations of Rovers fans who had nothing but disappointment and decline to support...

I really do thank my lucky stars to have lived and witnessed it all,what a privilege.:brfc:

As for Hendry..it was bad enough seeing his strides but then he would pull 'em up the crack of his arse!!?

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 2

In the mid-60s - just as we were dropping out of Division 1 and Bill Shankly was regenerating Liverpool FC - my first job was in the Civil Service based in Liverpool and most of the lads I worked with were Liverpool fans.

Over the years, I kept in touch with many of 'the lads' - now all well into our 70s - and in our retirement, I used to join them once a year for a pre-Christmas lunch in a city centre pub. Christmas 1995 was a particularly enjoyable meal for me. Since then, I've turned up with a smug grin and a patronizing,"Never mind lads, I'm sure you'll win the Premier League at Anfield - you know; like we did! - one day!"?

This year's line will be an equally 'sincere' congratulations on being the 7th team to join our select group of teams that have won the Premier League.

For me, that wonderful afternoon I spent in The Manxman has lived on!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Premier League win was slightly before my time sadly but I believe (correct me if wrong) that the Blackburn End used to regularly chant "Colin show us your arse."

Always worried me that 20,000 grown men did that.

23 hours ago, tomphil said:

Can't remember how it all started with Hendry but it was in the days fans and players had humour and interacted without fear of being banned or fined in their case.  Used to do it at the beginning of most games when the chant went up but i think the club put the dampners on it when the crowds and profile started to rocket.

Still did it on the special occasions though !

He definitely did it when he came back for a testimonial game (want to say it was for Parkes?)

32 minutes ago, renrag said:

It started when he took a heavy fall in the Blackburn end goal area.  The physio came on, pulled his shorts down and started using the spray stuff on his lower back/buttocks. From the next home game the chant became part of Blackburn end “tradition”

Nice one ?

Could never remember how it all started off.

• 1 month later...