BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leicester Play Off Final

On 25/05/2020 at 22:42, Exiled in Toronto said:

Atkins was like having two players; he was 23 then and a lot better than Travis at similar age IMO, he got past our forwards more in that game than LT has in his career.

I can’t remember who got MOTM but, for me, it was Super Atko. He was immense on what was a very difficult day due to the heat. So often the scapegoat as well. I never understood some fans reaction towards him.

Happy days when I think back to that season, despite the away game at Port Vale on a Tuesday night when I thought we had completely ballsed it up and had resigned myself to the fact that Rovers weren't going to go up. Happy to be proved wrong and even if wasnt the best game of footy I'd seen, it was certainly one of the most memorable!

Edited by bacup blue

31 minutes ago, Sandiway Blue said:

Happy days when I think back to that season, despite the away game at Port Vale on a Tuesday night when I thought we had completely ballsed it up and had resigned myself to the fact that Rovers weren't going to go up. Happy to be proved wrong and even if wasnt the best game of footy I'd seen, it was certainly one of the most memorable!

the port vale game was shocking,i travelled in the car with a couple of my friends workmates,one of them was so fed up at the end he decided he was going to walk home,it took an hour to talk the silly **** round and we did`nt get home to midnight,missed last orders and had a thoroughly miserable night,just when you thought it would`nt get any worse we had to endure getting beat by leicester at home a few weeks later when we actually fell out of the play off race,that was the lowest ebb,turned out all right in the end though?

Boxing Day 2006 vs Rafa’s Reds was today’s game.

Highlights: Friedal - unbeatable; Andre Oojer’s cheekbones; Andy Todd’s stare; Tugay’s stepovers - several that all worked; Benni’s finish; Ewood full.

Lowlights: Nonda - early warning that Hughes would never buy a good player again?; Benni - head had gone; Bert at RB, Neill at LB - buy a proper LB rather than square pegs in round holes Mogga!; Pedersen’s pass completion rate

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Lowlights: Nonda - early warning that Hughes would never buy a good player again?; Benni - head had gone; 

Seasons mixed up maybe? We signed Warnock, Dunn and Samba in Jan 07. Santa Cruz a few months later.

And that was the season McCarthy scored 24 so I don’t think this head had gone - after this season, yeah, think he’s even admitted himself his head was turned by being linked to Chelsea etc.

10 hours ago, frosty said:

Seasons mixed up maybe? We signed Warnock, Dunn and Samba in Jan 07. Santa Cruz a few months later.

And that was the season McCarthy scored 24 so I don’t think this head had gone - after this season, yeah, think he’s even admitted himself his head was turned by being linked to Chelsea etc.

Totally got my seasons mixed up! Nonda threw me as I didn’t remember a single thing about him.