BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Elliott Bennett Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Elliott always maintained strict social distancing anyway when it came to marking opposition forward so his absence shouldn't make too much difference  if / when Rovers start playing again.

Hope he's OK BTW. 

• Like 7

He is self isolating for seven days as per the protocol. It's odd that after testing negative on the last round of tests he is now positive. I wonder if anybody he has come into contact with will also need testing now?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He is self isolating for seven days as per the protocol. It's odd that after testing negative on the last round of tests he is now positive. I wonder if anybody he has come into contact with will also need testing now?

They will Tony, yes.

8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

They will Tony, yes.

For gods sake why don’t they just say we’re gonna try and play in September and new season starts 1st Dec ??

Theyll have to get over the contract issues like every other business and employer is having to . 
frankly sick of hearing about this special case called football . They aren’t and by the end of all this covid stuff they’ll realise they aren’t .

far bigger issues to deal with than a load of highly paid marred arses. I wish none of them any Ill whatsoever but there’s millions of folk devastated by all this . Football just doesn’t get in the top 50 real issues .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TBTF said:

For gods sake why don’t they just say we’re gonna try and play in September and new season starts 1st Dec ??

Theyll have to get over the contract issues like every other business and employer is having to . 
frankly sick of hearing about this special case called football . They aren’t and by the end of all this covid stuff they’ll realise they aren’t .

far bigger issues to deal with than a load of highly paid marred arses. I wish none of them any Ill whatsoever but there’s millions of folk devastated by all this . Football just doesn’t get in the top 50 real issues .

I think the short answer mate is money.

Track and trace time, where's he contracted it from in the space of a few days ?

Or did the first test not get done 100% correctly so it gets marked negative ?

Edited by tomphil

First few posts are a little off and nobody has wished him well.

I know its not a death sentence and he has been a liability when played out of position but this is not good news for him, his family or the club.\

Best wishes Benno.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

First few posts are a little off and nobody has wished him well.

I know its not a death sentence and he has been a liability when played out of position but this is not good news for him, his family or the club.\

Best wishes Benno.

Jim literally did in the second post.

Stop trying to take the moral high ground.

25 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Apparently recorded his best ever fitness test they day the test came back positive. 

So he's fitter under his own training regime from home?

So was Holtby when he signed.

Says a lot about the training provided in normal times by the training staff.

Very suggestive it isn't good enough.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Track and trace time, where's he contracted it from in the space of a few days ?

Or did the first test not get done 100% correctly so it gets marked negative ?

From people I know first hand, an inconclusive test is treated as positive.

That said there seems to still be a concern over false negatives.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So once on the whole page.

Not trying to take no moral nothing - get over yourself. 

So what would you like to see, pages of get well soon messages, or people’s opinions on the situation?

13 hours ago, toogs said:

So he's fitter under his own training regime from home?

So was Holtby when he signed.

Says a lot about the training provided in normal times by the training staff.

Very suggestive it isn't good enough.

Yes very worrying. David Lowe's famous pre-season fitness challenge is often talked about in a bit of a comedic tone by former players (see David Dunn's Undr The Cosh podcast on YouTube), but perhaps in 2020 it should be taken a little more seriously and there should be someone evaluating the actual quality of running in that way. 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Yes very worrying. David Lowe's famous pre-season fitness challenge is often talked about in a bit of a comedic tone by former players (see David Dunn's Undr The Cosh podcast on YouTube), but perhaps in 2020 it should be taken a little more seriously and there should be someone evaluating the actual quality of running in that way. 

Considering Dunn's predictable failure as a manager what right has he got to mock other people's methods? Or anything related to fitness for that matter.

Edited by Vinjay

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

From people I know first hand, an inconclusive test is treated as positive.

That said there seems to still be a concern over false negatives.

That's an odd way to treat a failed test result but maybe it just depends on the situation and who's testing.

We had to do it self testing in the car at a test site and the other half was 95% convinced she'd not got it right on her lad. Was fully expecting a failed test to be recorded but all 3 of ours came back negative.

Presumably the club docs do these but were they back in on Friday last or testing themselves at home before coming in i wonder. Either way it's good so hear he has no symptoms and lets hope he doesn't get any.

Just shows what everyone is up against with this thing there'll be a hell of a lot more examples like this now there's more testing and mingling. 

Edited by tomphil

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It does, bennetts interview confirmed he's virtually only been Tesco a couple of times. Just imagine the numbers that got it at gatherings like Chadtenam and Anfield etc.....

People are still in denial to this day, but now benno's got it certain attitudes might change. ...virus bad now.?

That's the pull of football, more sway than politicians.

32 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It does, bennetts interview confirmed he's virtually only been Tesco a couple of times. Just imagine the numbers that got it at gatherings like Chadtenam and Anfield etc.....

Do you really want it to spill onto this board now? ?

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 10:54, Vinjay said:

Considering Dunn's predictable failure as a manager what right has he got to mock other people's methods? Or anything related to fitness for that matter.

Mock is a very strong wording. He made some light hearted jabs at it. My point wasn't that "David Dunn thought it was shit", it was more that David Dunn shed light on something which to my limited knowledge sounds like it could be quite shit.