BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

Yeah Dave’s right I pay £35 a year for iptv all ppv events included box sets latest films, every channel there is. I even get virgin tv for £15 a year with full record live pause functionality. Can’t get sports on the virgin anymore but still get all movie channels.

all you need is a smart tv, firestick or android box for iptv. Can even get it on phones and iPads 

watched every rovers away match on it this season.

Edited by m4xypp

On 06/06/2020 at 16:25, Stuart said:

All 9 games free on iFollow for ST holders.

So £90 of “value”.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/rovers-to-review-streaming-plans/

I've read this several times. I've also read the club email to me several times. I haven't got a f****** clue what I'm supposed to do if I want to watch Rovers on iFollow. I've only a very vague idea of how to use iFollow as I'm always in the ground!!!

All of which, once again, demonstrates the extent to which football has forgotten about the fans. The people like me who turn up every single frigging match come rain, hail, sun or snow.

I have a MyRovers account, I have a log in to buy tickets, which doesn't always work, and now I have to make sure I have a "single MyRovers log in account."

The longer this goes on without any serious consideration for the fans who turn up every week the less likely I am ever to set foot in any football ground again.

I'm quite good with IT but everything coming from the club and football in general leaves me cold and confused. I doubt any of the people issuing these statements have any understanding of the confusion they are creating.

Football today is money. Nothing else and I no longer count.

All we need is a link, click here to watch Rovers. It simply doesn't matter if we have a season ticket or not.

Edited by Paul

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will be in contact with ST holders about the ifollow with further information shortly. 

Yet more of your usual nonsense. I'm already disengaged because the club sent out a "statement" which said nothing. I have a MyRovers account, it no longer recognises me. My club has kicked me out. Why should I bother to read the next email?

People like you need to wake up and smell the coffee. I've been at Ewood longer than you've been alive and the club have done more to leave me abandoned in the last few weeks than Venkys in the last ten years.

You clearly do not understand. The purpose of communication is to inform people of what they should or should not do. I don't need any "we will contact you shortly." I need one email, click here to watch Rovers. It's simple, it's good clear communication and not the bollocks coming from Rovers or football in general.

Stop watching through rose tinted glasses. I'm gone until the club shows me why I should come back.

Which you will get before the season restarts. 

I dont feel abandoned by Rovers at all during this pandemic. They were more important things to focus on than football at the time. Now we are over the peak and football can return safety as it can. The communication will return bit by bit before season starts. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

I've read this several times. I've also read the club email to me several times. I haven't got a f****** clue what I'm supposed to do if I want to watch Rovers on iFollow. I've only a very vague idea of how to use iFollow as I'm always in the ground!!!

All of which, once again, demonstrates the extent to which football has forgotten about the fans. The people like me who turn up every single frigging match come rain, hail, sun or snow.

I have a MyRovers account, I have a log in to buy tickets, which doesn't always work, and now I have to make sure I have a "single MyRovers log in account."

The longer this goes on without any serious consideration for the fans who turn up every week the less likely I am ever to set foot in any football ground again.

I'm quite good with IT but everything coming from the club and football in general leaves me cold and confused. I doubt any of the people issuing these statements have any understanding of the confusion they are creating.

Football today is money. Nothing else and I no longer count.

All we need is a link, click here to watch Rovers. It simply doesn't matter if we have a season ticket or not.

You are not alone in thinking this way.  At least you've received an email from the club.  I haven't.  Despite having a ST for over 40 years.  So, as I understand it, as a ST holder I have already paid roughly £14 per game for these last 4 matches being shown on iFollow.  But non-ST holders are only being charged £10 per game.  Would it not make sense for me to demand a refund for these last 4 games, and then pay only £10 for each game individually?  What am I not understanding here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toooldforthis said:

You are not alone in thinking this way.  At least you've received an email from the club.  I haven't.  Despite having a ST for over 40 years.  So, as I understand it, as a ST holder I have already paid roughly £14 per game for these last 4 matches being shown on iFollow.  But non-ST holders are only being charged £10 per game.  Would it not make sense for me to demand a refund for these last 4 games, and then pay only £10 for each game individually?  What am I not understanding here?

Yep. I'd happily have a refund and forget about it..... forever. Why should I bother? The club couldn't give a fig.

Just watch TV now to understand the depth to which a hero like Shearer has sunk.

11 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I think, although I take on board comments about a lack of clear communication from the club for sure, that our season ticket gives us access to watch all 9 remaining games so essentially it would be closer to £6 per game. I may be wrong though.

I await with baited breath as to if and what any alternative offers are given to the ifollow option. The thing that has become clear is that quite how many people have zero interest in BCD. For the principle of an option refund of around £60 per person, which granted is an unwanted expense in these time for the club, you could be potentially driving people away and losing much more than that long term. Similar to the surcharge, whereby if you deter one fan from buying with it you need numerous buyers to make up for it.

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

Watch BBC now. It's nothing more than filling screen time.

I've been watching it. I remember Euro 96 like it was yesterday. We should have won it. Venables did a great job. Wish he had carry on after it. 

BBC tv is boring at the best of the time. Without Football it dire. Spooks gone from it. Casualty is good. But that's it. 

I've watched the Match of the day top 10 shows and presenters best 3 matches over the last few weeks it been good. 

I dont know if you watched Harry Heroes on ITV a couple of weeks ago. Really good. Always good beating the Germans 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've been watching it. I remember Euro 96 like it was yesterday. We should have won it. Venables did a great job. Wish he had carry on after it. 

BBC tv is boring at the best of the time. Without Football it dire. Spooks gone from it. Casualty is good. But that's it. 

I've watched the Match of the day top 10 shows and presenters best 3 matches over the last few weeks it been good. 

I dont know if you watched Harry Heroes on ITV a couple of weeks ago. Really good. Always good beating the Germans 

If you think Casualty is good TV there's nothing to say.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul said:

If you think Casualty is good TV there's nothing to say.

All down to people opinions Paul. 

But the vast majority BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5 programmes I avoid at all cost. No interested in them. 

Cant wait for sport restarting now

6 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

I'd say it makes more sense to compensate you to the tune of £4 per game and let you watch them without further cost. The club can't afford to risk writing off the full amount if you and thousands of others decided not to pay it, or use an illegal stream instead.

But if you're getting to watch all 9 games, not just the home ones, without extra cost, you're actually getting a much better deal than the rest of us rubes (bar the illegal streamers). I've not read much on it yet so don't know if you get all 9 or just the home games.

I'm going to rant a little now, so skip ahead if you'd rather not listen:

Give the club a chance. This is a HUGE logistical task, and most clubs are down on staffing to sort it too. They've got to consider so many things, sort so many technical things too.

Half the fan base will want to watch on iFollow - well there's the log ins, the increased streaming viewership, potential fraud etc.. to consider.

The other half want money back - well then you've got to analyse the purchase history for ST holders, half season ticket holders, 6-game holders and 4-game holders. You've then got to contact everyone that's just been mentioned, explain their options, execute their wishes.\

There's 9,000+ people, all wanting different things, it's a massive undertaking even for giants like United with their infrastructure. Give the club a chance and just relax a little, in time, all the options will be available for refunds and whatnot. Seems absolutely astronomically absurd to me to be getting angry over something like this. It's going to happen. Christ.

Consider the role of somebody in the ticket office right now, consider what their day looks like. Can you just imagine the pressures on clubs right now to get things right. They've got so much shit to deal with, stuff that nobody is prepared for because this has never happened before. I don't know if you've ever rung to get a refund for anything before but even at the best of times that's a ten minute phone call.

Let's say right now it's still a ten minute phone call, and let's say 4,000 people want their money back. You're looking at 40,000 minutes of phone time to refund those people. 480 minutes per working day to do phone calls. Let's say there's five people answering the phone, so 2400 minutes a day. 40,000 minutes, divided by the 2400 minutes possible to complete every single day, leaves you with 16 days worth of work just in phoning people and sorting refunds. SIXTEEN days worth of work for the ticket office, just sorting out refunds. Well we haven't got that long, the season starts sooner than that. So everyone's already run off their feet just dealing with this half of the requests.

Now consider the other 6,000 ST holders, the ones who now want an iFollow log on that they've never had before. Imagine the phone calls for troubleshooting those issues, getting people online, making sure the servers can cope with that load. 

Imagine the work being done to try and ensure that every single fan can get exactly what they want, imagine how little your individual issues matter in the grand scheme of things, and give them a God-damn break. They WILL get round to you, they WILL sort things out, and when they do they deserve a round of applause because right now it must be an absolute nightmare for them.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'd say it makes more sense to compensate you to the tune of £4 per game and let you watch them without further cost. The club can't afford to risk writing off the full amount if you and thousands of others decided not to pay it, or use an illegal stream instead.

But if you're getting to watch all 9 games, not just the home ones, without extra cost, you're actually getting a much better deal than the rest of us rubes (bar the illegal streamers). I've not read much on it yet so don't know if you get all 9 or just the home games.

I understand your point and reasoning but don't agree. The majority of other forms of entertainment have or will offer a full refund for events which have not taken place. Where refunds are not given the event is or will be rescheduled and people then get the chance to choose between attending or a refund. Rovers can't reschedule so should offer first a credit against the next purchase or a refund. I'm owed +/- £100 on STs and car park.

I don't think the club will lose the income from thousands of fans not paying for iFollow in these circumstances. We have +/-  10,000 ST holders who should be offered iFollow for free. If 5,000 log in to watch that would be a good number, the likelihood of all ST holders watching is very, very slim. Our gates are what +/- 13,000 so that means there are a potential 3000 regular walk ons who might be interested in iFollow. Again would they all watch for £10? Highly unlikely. If 6500 use the service I think that would be a success, though we will never know the number. The service is there, the bulk of our crowd is ST holders who should receive it for free, that is we've paid for it if no ST refunds are offered. Very few others will be interested so the club will lose minimal income BUT would gain real kudos by offering the service for free. This would cost nothing because the club are already incurring the cost.

I've had a myrovers account for years. I created a new one in January as requested to all fans by the club. The account has never worked correctly. I understand why, I've explained this to the club and the club acknowledge the problem. I've raised the issue several times and never received the promised response. I'm not going to run around trying to get it fixed again.

To make iFollow work simply in the current situation the club should issue a link. ST holders could be allowed a single log in per match using their ST number. Everyone else pays by credit/debit card or PayPal. Job done.

In my view the club and football in general have screwed up everything connected with the fans who go to the ground. chaddy I don't give a hoot about the millions who watch on TV, I'm interested in myself and my son and the thousands who turn up every week. Not one word has been uttered to suggest anyone in football is thinking about us. It makes me extremely angry and has damaged my view of Rovers.

As an aside are people aware the NHS Blood Transfusion Service turned up at the ground last Thursday to find the whole place locked up? Everyone seems to have forgotten they were coming. Blackburn fire station accomodated the service at something like 90 minutes notice. I know people who were very unimpressed by this. Demonstrates the levels of service the club are giving during the Covid-19 crisis.

Edited by Paul

Lot of assumptions there, Joe.

How do you know we’ll be given a suite of options to choose from?

No point ‘having a rant’ either way until we know where we stand.

But what I would say is the club have said literally nothing since March outside copying and pasting EFL press releases - just a holding statement/email saying ‘we’ll be in touch with our loyal fans’ doesn’t seem too onerous for a club with PR/social media teams, surely?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'm going to rant a little now, so skip ahead if you'd rather not listen:

Give the club a chance. This is a HUGE logistical task, and most clubs are down on staffing to sort it too. They've got to consider so many things, sort so many technical things too.

Half the fan base will want to watch on iFollow - well there's the log ins, the increased streaming viewership, potential fraud etc.. to consider.

The other half want money back - well then you've got to analyse the purchase history for ST holders, half season ticket holders, 6-game holders and 4-game holders. You've then got to contact everyone that's just been mentioned, explain their options, execute their wishes.\

There's 9,000+ people, all wanting different things, it's a massive undertaking even for giants like United with their infrastructure. Give the club a chance and just relax a little, in time, all the options will be available for refunds and whatnot. Seems absolutely astronomically absurd to me to be getting angry over something like this. It's going to happen. Christ.

Consider the role of somebody in the ticket office right now, consider what their day looks like. Can you just imagine the pressures on clubs right now to get things right. They've got so much shit to deal with, stuff that nobody is prepared for because this has never happened before. I don't know if you've ever rung to get a refund for anything before but even at the best of times that's a ten minute phone call.

Let's say right now it's still a ten minute phone call, and let's say 4,000 people want their money back. You're looking at 40,000 minutes of phone time to refund those people. 480 minutes per working day to do phone calls. Let's say there's five people answering the phone, so 2400 minutes a day. 40,000 minutes, divided by the 2400 minutes possible to complete every single day, leaves you with 16 days worth of work just in phoning people and sorting refunds. SIXTEEN days worth of work for the ticket office, just sorting out refunds. Well we haven't got that long, the season starts sooner than that. So everyone's already run off their feet just dealing with this half of the requests.

Now consider the other 6,000 ST holders, the ones who now want an iFollow log on that they've never had before. Imagine the phone calls for troubleshooting those issues, getting people online, making sure the servers can cope with that load. 

Imagine the work being done to try and ensure that every single fan can get exactly what they want, imagine how little your individual issues matter in the grand scheme of things, and give them a God-damn break. They WILL get round to you, they WILL sort things out, and when they do they deserve a round of applause because right now it must be an absolute nightmare for them.

Hmmmm.........I had tickets booked for a number of events. I checked with the venues online. All of them have a statement on their website telling customers what will happen as regards refunds, reschedule, credits etc. It's easy.

Football has done nothing for the fans who turn up every week. Rovers have done nothing. An opportunity has been missed. It is abundantly clear the only fans who count are the ones who can't be arsed to leave their armchairs on a Saturday afternoon. That's fine, football doesn't want me so f*** football.

Edited by Paul

• Moderation Lead

I’ll be honest, I’m in my thirties and I have absolutely no idea how to use I follow either. 
What I do imagine is that the club will ultimately have a second phase of the plan with an email containing instructions with how to access the match streams. Either way, I won’t have anywhere near the same enthusiasm for behind closed doors as being in the ground on match day.

• Like 1