BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

Just now, Paul said:

Hmmmm.........I had tickets booked for a number of events. I checked with the venues online. All of them have a statement on their website telling customers what will happen as regards refunds, reschedule, credits etc. It's easy.

Football has done nothing for the fans who turn up every week. Rovers have done nothing. An opportunity has been missed. It is abundantly clear the only fans who count are the ones who can't be arsed to leave their armchairs on a Saturday afternoon. That's fine, football doesn't want me so f*** football.

According to a report in the newspapers 2 days ago season ticket holders at all clubs in the Championship will be able to see all remaining home and away on iFollow for free- that strikes me as a very fair compromise.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

According to a report in the newspapers 2 days ago season ticket holders at all clubs in the Championship will be able to see all remaining home and away on iFollow for free- that strikes me as a very fair compromise.

The club have not communicated this to fans. It's one email, that's all. My account doesn't work so it's irrelevant if I have to use this as a log in.

10 hours ago, Paul said:

I've read this several times. I've also read the club email to me several times. I haven't got a f****** clue what I'm supposed to do if I want to watch Rovers on iFollow. I've only a very vague idea of how to use iFollow as I'm always in the ground!!!

All of which, once again, demonstrates the extent to which football has forgotten about the fans. The people like me who turn up every single frigging match come rain, hail, sun or snow.

I have a MyRovers account, I have a log in to buy tickets, which doesn't always work, and now I have to make sure I have a "single MyRovers log in account."

The longer this goes on without any serious consideration for the fans who turn up every week the less likely I am ever to set foot in any football ground again.

I'm quite good with IT but everything coming from the club and football in general leaves me cold and confused. I doubt any of the people issuing these statements have any understanding of the confusion they are creating.

Football today is money. Nothing else and I no longer count.

All we need is a link, click here to watch Rovers. It simply doesn't matter if we have a season ticket or not.

Get a grip.

The club have said that they’ll be providing further details as to how the system will work. What more do you expect them to do? If you’re not sure about how to use the Rovers online accounts, have you tried to contact anyone about it? Or just resorted to slagging off the club on the internet?

Fans can’t attend the games for obvious reasons so ST holders are being allowed to watch the games online for free. How is that ‘forgetting’ the fans?

Clearly this is out of the club’s hands and I don’t see a better alternative to what is being proposed. 

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think the EFL are still working on the logistics which is why you have not yet received a communication with the detil.

We shall see. I'm afraid this situation has caused real damage to my relationship with football and the club. Football has had 10/11 weeks to come up with a statement. It has failed to do so.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's one email, that's all

It's not one flipping email. It's 9,000. What don't you get about the fact that this is an unprecedented situation, that every club in the country is struggling with this, and that it's not just you thats affected!

Just now, Paul said:

We shall see. I'm afraid this situation has caused real damage to my relationship with football and the club. Football has had 10/11 weeks to come up with a statement. It has failed to do so.

B*llocks. They've already outlined the plans. I think you're just looking to have a dig at this point. You will be able to stream online, or get a refund. The club have to sort so much, they WILL get round to you. I don't see what's so completed. Statements HAVE been made, plans ARE in place.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Get a grip.

The club have said that they’ll be providing further details as to how the system will work. What more do you expect them to do? If you’re not sure about how to use the Rovers online accounts, have you tried to contact anyone about it? Or just resorted to slagging off the club on the internet?

Fans can’t attend the games for obvious reasons so ST holders are being allowed to watch the games online for free. How is that ‘forgetting’ the fans?

Clearly this is out of the club’s hands and I don’t see a better alternative to what is being proposed. 

Yes, I've contacted the club on several ocassions regarding the problem. I've explained it, the club agree it's an issue but have never got back to me on it. I know precisely how to use the online account - it doesn't work though. I give the club the reasons, they agree it's an issue for me and other fans and fail to fix it.

Just now, JoeH said:

B*llocks. They've already outlined the plans. I think you're just looking to have a dig at this point. You will be able to stream online, or get a refund. The club have to sort so much, they WILL get round to you. I don't see what's so completed. Statements HAVE been made, plans ARE in place.

Where?

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Where?

"The logistics of how season ticket holders will gain access to the iFollow stream for the remaining games are still being finalised by the EFL."

"The club will inform season ticket holders of the next steps as soon as they are finalised via the club website, our social media channels and by email."

"Rovers are currently working on a comprehensive operational plan for the four remaining matches to be played at Ewood Park and hope to be able to provide supporters with further information (including an FAQs document) regarding the streaming agreement over the coming days.

"talkSPORT will provide exclusive national radio commentary on some Championship matches."

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

"The logistics of how season ticket holders will gain access to the iFollow stream for the remaining games are still being finalised by the EFL."

"The club will inform season ticket holders of the next steps as soon as they are finalised via the club website, our social media channels and by email."

"Rovers are currently working on a comprehensive operational plan for the four remaining matches to be played at Ewood Park and hope to be able to provide supporters with further information (including an FAQs document) regarding the streaming agreement over the coming days.

"talkSPORT will provide exclusive national radio commentary on some Championship matches."

I must be being dense, but where does that even hint at refunds?

I’m not particularly arsed about a refund, but we must have been one of the few clubs that literally said nothing to fans from March (Not counting EFL press releases posted on rovers.co.uk) until that follow on from another EFL bulletin in June, like I said not even a holding statement.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I must be being dense, but where does that even hint at refunds?

I’m not particularly arsed about a refund, but we must have been one of the few clubs that literally said nothing to fans from March (Not counting EFL press releases posted on rovers.co.uk) until that follow on from another EFL bulletin in June, like I said not even a holding statement.

Second quote clearly speaks to refunds. Everyone is welcome :) 

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

but we must have been one of the few clubs that literally said nothing to fans from March

No. Not true at all. We have said things, and other clubs are in the exact same situation.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'll ask again. Where? As @Mattybluesays there is no mention of anyhting other than working on a plan.

Let me give you an example. I had tickets for three events at the Bridgewater Hall. This venue deals with different events every night across a wide and diverse customer base. The initial statement was on the lines of "for events to the end of April full refunds will be offered. The ticketing agency will be in touch with you. For events in May please check back after DD/MM." I checked back on the required date. I know exactly what is happening, my concerns have been addressed. End of story and very happy with the outcome.

Rovers have four events to deal with involving a known fan base. Perhaps they should ring the Bridegwater Hall for some advice?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

I'll ask you again where does it state the refund policy?

Just now, Paul said:

Rovers have four events to deal with involving a known fan base. Perhaps they should ring the Bridegwater Hall for some advice?

Rovers have more issues to face, 9,000 ST holders and many more non ST holders. They have to deal with people who don't want a refund and might want to explore other options, such as iFollow. They've got to follow the rules and regs of the governing bodies too. Two completely different scenarios, and if you can't see that then I think you're deliberately being dense. False equivalence. 

Just now, Paul said:

I'll ask you again where does it state the refund policy?

I never said it did. It clearly states that it will be published in due course. Pull yourself together and understand that this isn't just about you. 9,000 people, a huge task to undertake in very difficult times. More important things are happening in the world than refunds.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Sorry still don’t see anything that says there will be a choice between ifollow and refunds, can you spell it out.

Also, please can you tell me what the club has said to fans since March, before that email on Friday?

I’m probably not a million miles from your position, I’m sure we will hear more in coming days and I’ll take the ifollow, however you are being very flippant to paying customers that have spent hundreds, thousands in some cases and haven’t even had an acknowledgement for months - just basic customer service to put together a statement to ST holders, separate from just copying and pasting EFL statements etc, that they ‘are in the club’s thoughts’ , ‘we are working with the EFL’ etc that would take 10 minutes for a decent PR team.

Edited by Mattyblue

It's plain and f*cking simple. 

YOU WILL GET YOUR REFUND. It has been announced that further details will be published when it's possible to do so.
YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT. You just have to be patient. 
YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE IFOLLOW OPTION. But it's there for you if you want it.
YOU CAN RING THE TICKET OFFICE ANY TIME. I don't understand why you haven't. I'm pretty sure they'd answer all of your concerns, but I guess it's easier to rant about the club online than actually sort the issue that your purporting to be upset over.
YOU AREN'T ALONE. There's thousands of people in your situation just at Rovers, millions across the country at other clubs too.

I genuinely think you're just intent on being in a huff about something. Christ almighty.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

that would take 10 minutes for a decent PR team.

How the hell do you expect a PR team to release a statement when there's nothing to say yet. Clubs are still working to come up with a proper plan. That IS the official statement. Would you like them to release a statement with lies, or a statement which says, maybe we'll do this?

You’re in a right ‘huff’ this morning. ^_^

You said refunds were mentioned in the second quote, Paul said ‘where?’ and you went off on one and said you never mentioned refunds! Just that ‘YOU’LL GET YOUR REFUND!!’ Err Ok! :tu:

Yes, I’d expect a holding statement just like that, that we are working with the EFL and we’ll be back in touch when we have more to share, just a bit of communication to paying customers. Keeps fans feeling in the loop, even if there’s little development. You might not be bothered to hear it, I’m not particularly, but I know some fans have been querying why they’ve heard nowt for months, as they aren’t as au fait with all the machinations of EFL plans, negotiations and discussions etc like fans like us are. Couple of lads I work with were asking me what’s happening with STs etc as I’m seen as the office Rovers nut.

Edited by Mattyblue

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's plain and f*cking simple. 

YOU WILL GET YOUR REFUND. It has been announced that further details will be published when it's possible to do so.
YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT. You just have to be patient. 
YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE IFOLLOW OPTION. But it's there for you if you want it.
YOU CAN RING THE TICKET OFFICE ANY TIME. I don't understand why you haven't. I'm pretty sure they'd answer all of your concerns, but I guess it's easier to rant about the club online than actually sort the issue that your purporting to be upset over.
YOU AREN'T ALONE. There's thousands of people in your situation just at Rovers, millions across the country at other clubs too.

I genuinely think you're just intent on being in a huff about something. Christ almighty.

Good morning Joe, please can you try and post in a manner that isn’t like this please?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Paul said:

I've read this several times. I've also read the club email to me several times. I haven't got a f****** clue what I'm supposed to do if I want to watch Rovers on iFollow. I've only a very vague idea of how to use iFollow as I'm always in the ground!!!

All of which, once again, demonstrates the extent to which football has forgotten about the fans. The people like me who turn up every single frigging match come rain, hail, sun or snow.

I have a MyRovers account, I have a log in to buy tickets, which doesn't always work, and now I have to make sure I have a "single MyRovers log in account."

The longer this goes on without any serious consideration for the fans who turn up every week the less likely I am ever to set foot in any football ground again.

I'm quite good with IT but everything coming from the club and football in general leaves me cold and confused. I doubt any of the people issuing these statements have any understanding of the confusion they are creating.

Football today is money. Nothing else and I no longer count.

All we need is a link, click here to watch Rovers. It simply doesn't matter if we have a season ticket or not.

I totally agree, I tried to link accounts but when I tried to enter my date of birth, it would not be accepted. I still do not know if I will get ifollow. It’s as if the Rovers are making it hard for season ticket holders to access the system. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was some sort of fiddle going on.

48 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Good morning Joe, please can you try and post in a manner that isn’t like this please?

If that's a reference to the swear, sure thing, apologies.