BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do find it a bit strange that the fixture list hasnt been announced considering that we know the order of the games and the first one is a week on Saturday.

Sky will be sorting the fixtures out. Just need to make sure it is all set up to maximise their 'show' and viewing figures, especially if they can get every one of Leeds' remaining games on for everyone to enjoy. 

Just now, JoeH said:

But might be is an odd thing to get upset over, when it hasn't even happened yet.

I am not upset. I am pointing out a possibility. The reason I can do this, is because of a lack of communication from the club 

• Moderation Lead

Must admit, I had an issue with an order I placed when spending my club cash.

So, I sent an email via the site and got a response and solution that morning....

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I spoke to a lady last week. Calls were being diverted to her house. Apart from her and odd others in other departments like IT, rest are furloughed.

Was definitely in an office, could hear others in background. Must be back in now maybe?

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I am not upset. I am pointing out a possibility. The reason I can do this, is because of a lack of communication from the club 

I didn't mean yourself, I was more referring to the poster who called the clubs currently handling of the situation an "abandonment".

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Was definitely in an office, could hear others in background. Must be back in now maybe?

Possibly. 

She had to apologise as she was trying to contact others to help with my MyRovers account but was finding it difficult to get hold of other departments.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do find it a bit strange that the fixture list hasnt been announced considering that we know the order of the games and the first one is a week on Saturday.

well we don't actually know this as Sky will be picking their games and putting the fixtures into the different time slots of kick offs. 

Plus there is a vote tomorrow morning with all EFL clubs to finalise everything

With respect to guidance coming from the club about ST refunds etc, we need to remember that we are not a normal club.

Steve Waggott will never announce anything without approval from Pune. If Suhail is not currently available then communication with Pune could be non existent.

Rovers' execs are effectively puppets. The puppet masters don't have a clue what's going on and have no interest either. It's not surprising we are always behind the curve.

• Like 2

Sky originally had our game against Leeds scheduled for live coverage but in todays schedule it isn't. I think the tv fee is £100k for home teams and this, coupled with the lost revenue from Leeds ticket sales would total around £300k.

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

One of my mates has a season ticket for his young granddaughter - apparently she needs her own account and unique email address to set it up with in order to redeem club cash - quite how someone who has just gone to primary school is expected to set up and manage their own email address I'm not sure.

This! - It's stupid! I had a real issue trying to renew mine & my daughter's season ticket last year as it had separated her ticket from mine onto her own account. I then needed 'permission' off her to link my account to hers. Ok, no problem, logged onto her 'new' account, as it was still using my email address, & gave myself permission to buy tickets for her. No problem, or so I thought!

So, credit card in hand, I went to log back into my account.... "This email address is already in use". What?? 

So, I've now been locked out of my own account because it has asigned my email address to her and hers only account!

Right! Back into her account and change details so it uses my work email address - then back to mine to log in and link accounts again. But hey, that's progress!!

20 hours ago, Paul said:

I've read this several times. I've also read the club email to me several times. I haven't got a f****** clue what I'm supposed to do if I want to watch Rovers on iFollow. I've only a very vague idea of how to use iFollow as I'm always in the ground!!!

I have a MyRovers account, I have a log in to buy tickets, which doesn't always work, and now I have to make sure I have a "single MyRovers log in account."

I'm in the same boat as you Paul on this. I'm not particularly IT or social media orientated. I don't even know if as a season ticket holder I automatically have some sort of online account or not, I've never needed one - when I renew my Season ticket I nip down to the Club Shop to do it. When I want to buy some merchandise, I nip down to the Club Shop to get it. I've never watched a match on I Follow. My mate's son orders away tickets for the three of us. Said mates son was laughing at me at the weekend saying "You'd better not leave it until five to three before the first game."

All of this will be no problem of course as long as the streaming actually works and I'm aware of the steps needed to set it up. I don't think the Club should underestimate though that a large percentage of the fan base might be technological dinosaurs like myself and will need very clear guidance on what to do.

I have an active e-mail account and I don't seem to have received any texts or emails from the Club regarding this. All I saw was something on Sky Sports indicating that ST holders would be able to stream all the remaining games for free. (Which I think is exceptionally fair)

My first thought was "how does that work; how do they know who's a ST holder or not?" The second was, ""What the hell do I do next?"

Over to you Rovers!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm in the same boat as you Paul on this. I'm not particularly IT or social media orientated. I don't even know if as a season ticket holder I automatically have some sort of online account or not, I've never needed one - when I renew my Season ticket I nip down to the Club Shop to do it. When I want to buy some merchandise, I nip down to the Club Shop to get it. I've never watched a match on I Follow. My mate's son orders away tickets for the three of us. Said mates son was laughing at me at the weekend saying "You'd better not leave it until five to three before the first game."

All of this will be no problem of course as long as the streaming actually works and I'm aware of the steps needed to set it up. I don't think the Club should underestimate though that a large percentage of the fan base might be technological dinosaurs like myself and will need very clear guidance on what to do.

I have an active e-mail account and I don't seem to have received any texts or emails from the Club regarding this. All I saw was something on Sky Sports indicating that ST holders would be able to stream all the remaining games for free. (Which I think is exceptionally fair)

My first thought was "how does that work; how do they know who's a ST holder or not?" The second was, ""What the hell do I do next?"

Over to you Rovers!

This could have been written by me.

• Like 2

I can see my Dad coming round to our to watch the games (distancing measures permitting) as he has a mobile phone that just does texts & calls, won't want to watch it on a laptop screen & won't have a clue how to screen share - even if I show him 1000 times.

Best fill the fridge up then!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

This! - It's stupid! I had a real issue trying to renew mine & my daughter's season ticket last year as it had separated her ticket from mine onto her own account. I then needed 'permission' off her to link my account to hers. Ok, no problem, logged onto her 'new' account, as it was still using my email address, & gave myself permission to buy tickets for her. No problem, or so I thought!

So, credit card in hand, I went to log back into my account.... "This email address is already in use". What?? 

So, I've now been locked out of my own account because it has asigned my email address to her and hers only account!

Right! Back into her account and change details so it uses my work email address - then back to mine to log in and link accounts again. But hey, that's progress!!

When my daughter got her first season ticket up until even now she’d 19 year old she put my email address down and phone number ( the phone number has since been changed to her own) she still uses my email address 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

We had this problem at the start of the season don't have a season ticket buy on a match by match basis some times one of my daughters attends with me. Tried buying tickets on line for her at same time as buying my own absolute nightmare she ended up with two accounts! Gave up in the end and have resorted to ringing the ticket office to buy when we want two tickets when it's only me buy online

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Promotion and relegation will happen in EFL this season whether they carry on or not

Absolutely ridicilous. Potentially Championship clubs relegated after a full season and replaced by teams who havent. And needlessly shuffling teams between Leagues 1 and 2, neither of which are finished!

If you are just playing the top 2 leagues, stop relegation from the Championship down.

If you cant finish the leagues then you cant promote and relegate teams. If they genuinely think they have any integrity then they can shove their PPG formulaes up their arse.

• Like 2