BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

Massive own goal by Rovers 

Many season ticket holders arent working due to the situation and struggling financially whilst waggot etc collect a massive wagehow to loseh

wigan derby etc all offering refunds what is so different about Rovers

The ifollow stream is poor quality I for one and many more are now comparing Rovers to RyanAir..

How to lose fans

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If they offered different solutions like Derby did I would have probably just let them have my cash but the Hobsons Choice they have offered is unacceptable to me.

At this moment in time i feel the exact same way ...

4 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

No, my point is. Your refund is worth around £60. They’re giving you £90 worth of content in exchange. Or take your £60

But it’s not the same content?

If I had a monthly cinema pass and they asked me to take DVD’s instead, I would be in the rights to say thanks, but no thanks, as it’s not what I paid for, so could you arrange my refund. 

My local gym is offering online classes, to try and avoid people cancelling direct debits. Some are partaking, some are asking for refunds. I haven’t cancelled as I appreciate the work the owners have put in to the gym to build it up. But if they can still offer refunds, our billionaire owned football club certainly can.

Basic consumer rights.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Many season ticket holders arent working due to the situation and struggling financially whilst waggot etc collect a massive wagehow to loseh

The ifollow stream is poor quality I for one and many more are now comparing Rovers to RyanAir..

How to lose fans

You can get a refund. They’ve just tried to offer a solution that saves fans money as most will buy each game and also save the club money. If you can’t/ don’t want the iFollow then get your refund, simple 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But it’s not the same content?

If I had a monthly cinema pass and they asked me to take DVD’s instead, I would be in the rights to say thanks, but no thanks, as it’s not what I paid for, so could you arrange my refund. 

Basic consumer rights.

They are allowing refunds, if you don’t like the offer take your money. Would you not watch each game?

2 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

They are allowing refunds, if you don’t like the offer take your money. Would you not watch each game?

I will be watching, like I’ve said already.

However, the club has a duty as a business to promote all alternatives. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, laughatthedingles said:

They are allowing refunds

I have not recieved any information yet as how and when (if i chose to) accept a refund rather than trying to watch on my ageing laptop or brick of a phone ..

Could you please point me in the direction of a link to were it can apply for the refund..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laughatthedingles said:

So then you’ve saved £30 and the club has kept the £60 rather than a % of the £90 you would’ve paid to ifollow. Win win no?

I’ve not ‘saved’ anything as I’m not receiving a product I’ve paid for. But I will take the inferior product anyway as I do want to help out the club.

But I’m not talking about me, but the thousands of fans with no interest or access to streaming.

Edited by Mattyblue

I like how they just didn't answer the questions about people not having internet access or if there is more than one season ticket holder in a household, just accept and "we've done all we can" springs to mind, The classic Waggott moto.

Directors salaries doubled, players earning thousands of pounds a week who haven't kicked a ball for the first team in months, guilt tripping people into not asking for refunds.

It feels like it's just another reminder that this isn't the same club I fell in love with as a child.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

They’re giving you access to ALL games, away included 

Access being a password for an online stream which Sky are paying them full whack to do. 

Bit different to hosting a match and allowing fans admission as per the contract they signed up and paid for.

Appalling attitude from Rovers and I'll say now (heat of the moment) that unless there is a change or promotion for the next season ticket then I will be giving very serious thought to not renewing. I'm tired of having the mick taken out of me by people who have no affinity to the club on 6 figure salaries only interested in the balance sheets.

People wondered why I went mad at Ben Gladwin being handed a 6 month contract to do nothing. Well here we are and I'm out of pocket with the club pleading poverty.

Top paid director salary doubled in last set of accounts. Can be he won't be picking up a loss.

Take season ticket holders for granted at your peril. So far we've had freebies by the thousand in the BBE upper and now refunds for match ticket holders but season ticket holders can forget it. 

Roll up for the next 1875 membership just to ensure I can get away tickets which regular buyers should get anyway. 

The true shame will be when most rivals do offer refunds. Pretty sure Barnsley and Wigan have already confirmed it.

Waggot's modus operandi is to use guilt and comments about loyalty and 'all in it together'. Corry Evans is committed because he's signed a new 4 year contract. Are you committed? 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Athlete said:

How to lose fans

I really don’t understand why. 

Refunds are there if you want them, however they’ve tried to find a solution that suits both, most fans would’ve bought all 9 games on iFollow which would’ve cost £90. Therefore those fans are saving. The club wouldn’t have £90 so they’re better off too. 

They’ve explained why they’d prefer it. £500k+ would massively affect our ability to spend this summer. 

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Access being a password for an online stream which Sky are paying them full whack to do. 

Bit different to hosting a match and allowing fans admission as per the contract they signed up and paid for.

Appalling attitude from Rovers and I'll say now (heat of the moment) that unless there is a change or promotion for the next season ticket then I will be giving very serious thought to not renewing. I'm tired of having the mick taken out of me by people who have no affinity to the club on 6 figure salaries only interested in the balance sheets.

People wondered why I went mad at Ben Gladwin being handed a 6 month contract to do nothing. Well here we are and I'm out of pocket with the club pleading poverty.

Top paid director salary doubled in last set of accounts. Can be he won't be picking up a loss.

Take season ticket holders for granted at your peril. So far we've had freebies by the thousand in the BBE upper and now refunds for match ticket holders but season ticket holders can forget it. 

Roll up for the next 1875 membership just to ensure I can get away tickets which regular buyers should get anyway. 

The true shame will be when most rivals do offer refunds. Pretty sure Barnsley and Wigan have already confirmed it.

Waggot's modus operandi is to use guilt and comments about loyalty and 'all in it together'. Corry Evans is committed because he's signed a new 4 year contract. Are you committed? 

They have offered refunds. They’ve also offered a solution that suits both, if it doesn’t suit you then get a refund. What’s the issue?

5 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

Refunds are there if you want them, however they’ve tried to find a solution that suits both, most fans would’ve bought all 9 games on iFollow which would’ve cost £90. Therefore those fans are saving. The club wouldn’t have £90 so they’re better off too. 

They’ve explained why they’d prefer it. £500k+ would massively affect our ability to spend this summer. 

You honestly think ‘most fans’ (10,000? people) would have bought 9 matches week after week? The majority would have bought zero.

Get real.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, laughatthedingles said:

They have offered refunds. They’ve also offered a solution that suits both, if it doesn’t suit you then get a refund. What’s the issue?

Where is the offer of a refund and how do people go about claiming one? I couldn't see any mention in the statement.

9 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

You dont understand why..lol

Edited by Athlete
y

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Where is the offer of a refund and how do people go about claiming one? I couldn't see any mention in the statement.

Neither can I...its bad enough watching football bcd on TV but on a internet stream..Rovers aren't covering themselves in glory over this

46 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

I read the article and didn't read anything that clearly said refunds. I don't want to watch ifollow and if Waggott had put several options on the table I would have said to them just keep the money. What is wrong in my view is Waggott taking advantage of us.

• Like 4

• Backroom

1511194376-cavachon-puppy-christmas.jpg

Look at this puppy.

This isn’t a regular puppy, this is Steve Waggott’s puppy.

If refunds are paid out then a decision will have to be made to either keep the lights on at the club or feed the puppy.

Look at the Puppy. 

Make the right choice!

Ps the puppy is called Tugay Kermidoglu

• Like 3

I know long standing ST holders in their 80s who don’t have the internet, never mind smartphones. 

They can’t go around other folks houses for obvious reasons. 

So, they would expect a choice, be asked to forgo the money (club owned by billionaires paying execs half a million a year and some second division players 10k a week, but whatever) or a discount for next season to acknowledge they’ve missed 4 games.

But in reality it’s just a big f *ck you for them and their loyal support? 

• Like 2

• Backroom

I should preface this by saying I don’t have a huge vested interest as my dad bought mine and my sons season tickets this year:

Having said that I think there should have been more options set out to be accessible to people and less guilt for those needing or simply preferring a refund

I would gather most of the games will end up on the red button as a lot won’t be Saturday 3pm games so would have access to those anyway if you have sky. Plus you may not be able to watch all the games.

Then consider that in some households there will be 4-5 season ticket holders, that partial refund and the money already paid to the club isn’t insignificant to them and they are paying far more for the privilege of having the same stream as someone with a single season ticket.

If I was in that scenario I would think it doesn’t seem quite fair 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

very surprise that Rovers haven't offer refunds to supporters who don't want watch the game on stream. Poor action by the club. Even if it was discount for a season ticket next season or as Roversfan99 has said a deferral refund. 

Does any anybody on here have a ifollow pass already before this crisis? Can they say how good the stream is and will it cope with extra demand?

Well said chaddy. As you say, some people wont want to watch a stream, some people arent interested in BCD, some people wont get value with numerous season ticket holders in the same household, some might not have access to a computer, especially the older generation. We could potentially be damaging the chances of them renewing next season with these actions.