BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well said chaddy. As you say, some people wont want to watch a stream, some people arent interested in BCD, some people wont get value with numerous season ticket holders in the same household, some might not have access to a computer, especially the older generation. We could potentially be damaging the chances of them renewing next season with these actions.

Well said Chris I did email Lynsey Talbot over a week ago before they announced the streaming I suggested a voucher to the value of the missed games or its levied against the season ticket next season, Its something they are looking into and hoped to announce something once they knew the full impact on supporters next season etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Well said Chris I did email Lynsey Talbot over a week ago before they announced the streaming I suggested a voucher to the value of the missed games or its levied against the season ticket next season, Its something they are looking into and hoped to announce something once they knew the full impact on supporters next season etc.

The problem is Waggott seems to never look further than immediate cash flow and unlike John Williams he’s still not worked out the Rovers fanbase and local demographics.

So, he’ll plead poverty and ask for ‘loyalty’ when he just prices season tickets as normal, yet when he misses his targets and income projections as thousands don’t renew (and as we know, many non renewers never come back), he’ll be flummoxed, not realising loyalty is a two way street.

Instead if he looked to the big picture and discounts them, he would keep many more STs in the camp long term as they’ll feel valued. What’s the old saying? ‘Give a little, get a lot back’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

But isn't that just typical of the current incumbents in power at our club. They have known about the Championship starting for several weeks now so bad plenty of time to put out the options to loyal supporters but instead they put out a statement essentially saying take the ifollow option or tough.

This is a really delicate time for football clubs with regard to their fan base and Rovers have just peed off many of them in one fell swoop.

Well done Waggott.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Thanks for the update Pete. 

In order to safeguard the future of the club, we would ask supporters to stand with us and not request cash refunds, which will ensure the club remains on the strongest financial footing possible in order to work towards our collective goals as #OneRoversTogether.

Reading that ..it does sound like there IS an option of a refund ..just the club asking fans not request cash refunds for the future of the club. 

Very vague and badly worded ..a series of available options to ST Holders ..even if theres  only Two ! would have  been so much easier and clearer than the statement put out today.

Im a ST holder and will take up the iFollow option although my son who lives with us is also a ST Holder too (Adult)  so wouldnt blame him in the slightest if he asked for a refund...whats the point of two iFollow accounts for two people of the same family/household.

(Unless my son is not allowed into his own living room by Rovers whilst i watch the game !!!)

Edited by HowieFive0

You cant expect the club to tell fans about a discount for a potential season ticket next season when we have no idea when we back in Stadiums or even if we will be allow next season. So many variables in this like if we get hit by second wave of coronavirus or when next season will start. 

The club will work in background about a potential offer but no point in announce it cos the last government advice was no fans in Stadiums until a vaccine or treatment is found. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, den9112 said:

I have not recieved any information yet as how and when (if i chose to) accept a refund rather than trying to watch on my ageing laptop or brick of a phone ..

Could you please point me in the direction of a link to were it can apply for the refund..

Just ring and request 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You cant expect the club to tell fans about a discount for a potential season ticket next season when we have no idea when we back in Stadiums or even if we will be allow. 

The club will work in background about a potential offer but no point in announce it cos the last government advice was no fans in Stadiums until a vaccine or treatment is found. 

Thought the club ‘were working in the background to offer us different offers’ for this season? What happened to that?

Why can’t they discuss potential discounts to loyal ST holders?

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

In order to safeguard the future of the club, we would ask supporters to stand with us and not request cash refunds, which will ensure the club remains on the strongest financial footing possible in order to work towards our collective goals as #OneRoversTogether.

Reading that ..it does sound like there IS an option of a refund ..just the club asking fans not request cash refunds for the future of the club. 

Very vague and badly worded ..a series of available options to ST Holders ..even if theres  only Two ! would have  been so much easier and clearer than the statement put out today.

Im a ST holder and will take up the iFollow option although my son who lives with us is also a ST Holder too (Adult)  so wouldnt blame him in the slightest if he asked for a refund...whats the point of two iFollow accounts for two people of the same family/household.

It also implies that the club's future is not secure and that refunds would potentially put the club at risk.

So much for kind generous billionaires who care deeply and never say no to writing a cheque.

Club isnt at risk through bad management, obscene debts or an astronomical wage bill but is at risk if fans ask for some money back which they should be entitled to.

Pretty slimy and underhand stuff here from Waggott.

Very much a 'them and us' mentality.

Players are great for agreeing a temporary deferral on mega money wages but evil fans wrong for expecting their money back to help pay bills.

Quite sick really.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You cant expect the club to tell fans about a discount for a potential season ticket next season when we have no idea when we back in Stadiums or even if we will be allow next season. So many variables in this like if we get hit by second wave of coronavirus or when next season will start. 

Derby have done 

Just now, JHRover said:

It also implies that the club's future is not secure and that refunds would potentially put the club at risk.

So much for kind generous billionaires who care deeply and never say no to writing a cheque.

Club isnt at risk through bad management, obscene debts or an astronomical wage bill but is at risk if fans ask for some money back which they should be entitled to.

Players are great for agreeing a temporary deferral on mega money wages but evil fans wrong for expecting their money back to help pay bills.

Quite sick really.

It’s more to do with FFP

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You cant expect the club to tell fans about a discount for a potential season ticket next season when we have no idea when we back in Stadiums or even if we will be allow. 

Thats just the deferred refund you agreed with in your previous post. Its not something that requires background work or should be held back, it needs to be announced alongside the ifollow option. It could be along the lines of, receive the ifollow links, or alternatively receive the pro rata value of the remaining games deducted from your next season ticket. A date doesnt have to be given because it is pretty obvious that no one knows when that will be.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Thats just the deferred refund you agreed with in your previous post. Its not something that requires background work or should be held back, it needs to be announced alongside the ifollow option. It could be along the lines of, receive the ifollow links, or alternatively receive the pro rata value of the remaining games deducted from your next season ticket. A date doesnt have to be given because it is pretty obvious that no one knows when that will be.

And wat happens if we not back in Stadiums next season? 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What happens if we aren't allow in stadium next season all season? 

Is there any point Rovers announcing a discount for season ticket holders when we might not be back in Stadiums 

Yes, to show they value our loyalty, that we are a CLUB.

Doesnt have to be week, month specific. A pre-emptive positive PR gesture that keeps the fanbase onside and will in all likelihood lead to us maintaining more ST holders in the long run.

‘The club is not yet sure when fans will be allowed back into their cherished seat at Ewood Park. But as a recognition of your loyal support, we will discount your ST for our long awaited return. #onerovers #together’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And wat happens if we not back in Stadiums next season? 

Nothing that I have said relies on the fact that we are. I never said next season. Whenever fans are allowed in, thats when the deferred refund could apply.

I find it strange that you agreed initially that the policy adopted by the club was poor form, specifically mentioned the deferred refund idea as one you endorse, only to instantly revert back to type.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Quite sick really.

Business speak ..same with every large business that makes redundancies/pay cuts  spew out. Taken with a pinch of salt because as you say ..we re owned by billionaires allegedly.

And by the way i do agree with what you say .. not acting as a Football family and alienating the fans hoping to bamboozle them with a poorly worded and pulling on the loyalty heartstrings in the hope that many dont ask for the refund ..which they are entitled to get and will im sure.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, to show they value our loyalty, that we are a CLUB.

Doesnt have to be week, month specific.

‘The club is not yet sure when fans will be allowed back into their cherished seat at Ewood Park. But as a recognition of your loyal support, we will discount your ST for our long awaited return. #onerovers #together’

Absolutely. The thing is, take emotion, take loyalty out of it, purely as a business decision it makes sense to give deferred refunds because the people driven away will surely offset the refunds that need to be given. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nothing that I have said relies on the fact that we are. I never said next season. Whenever fans are allowed in, thats when the deferred refund could apply.

I find it strange that you agreed initially that the policy adopted by the club was poor form, specifically mentioned the deferred refund idea as one you endorse, only to instantly revert back to type.

Blame PeteJD.

He’ll cling on to ‘But Lyndsay Talbot said...’ for dear life for the next 6 months 

Oh look ⬇️ ^_^

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And that could be announce in coming weeks from the club

But their focus is on this season. 

That makes absolutely no sense. The deferred refund would be based on this season.Therefore it makes absolutely no sense not to include it in the press release alongside the ifollow form of remunerating STH's. 

If it was to be offered in a couple of weeks, which I doubt, then it would be perceived as a reaction to any backlash received.

Initially you said that you thought the club should offer a deferred refund option. Do you agree with that opinion you stated in the last half an hour?

• Backroom

It’s like a reverse Statler and Waldorf!

This is awful

Well it isn’t so bad 

what else could they do?

Yeah this is ok

I LOVE IT!

315px-StatlerandWaldorf(2).JPG

6 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

It’s more to do with FFP

I'm sure they will hide behind P&S.

I have paid up front for a product I am not going to receive. In any other industry that would entitle me to a refund or partial refund (unless Force Majeure is included in the terms and conditions) which is covered under your consumer rights. I don't want to watch ifollow and would have happily just given over the money or taken another option which other clubs are offering. I am that irked by the one agenda message to make me feel guilty about asking for a refund that I may well ask for a refund and donate it to the Community Trust.I

Once again Rovers aren't covering themselves in glory here.