BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

41 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Context for the below post: My girlfriend is an ambulance attendant and was doing an interview with the EFL when she was surprised by Bradley Dack, you may have seen the video on social media. She has a season ticket at Rovers (thanks to me ;)) and he thanked her for her work and invited her to the training ground. Luckily for me I'm allowed to tag along. A nice feel-good story which made her day and made me even more immensley proud of her!

So..

Having defended the club earlier in the week, I was pretty shocked at their refunds stance. To now also be "offering" a cardboard cut out thingymabob for £25 is just plain rude and a massive "FU" to the Season Ticket holders who are feeling aggrieved. This should have been a free make-good situation, not another insane money maker.

Having expressed exactly those opinions online I was met with the following response:

"I bet you won't say that when you're at the training ground will you".

Absolute state of some of these people who are desperate to defend the indefensible, and use random non-related issues like my girlfriend's invitation to meet the players as a point scoring method. I find it so baffling to see some of the people on forums and social media who just defend the club by any means necessary even when it's clear they've messed up or gotten something wrong. Honestly the internet can be so toxic sometimes.

Do you think it's a wise move letting your girlfriend go round the training ground with Bradley Dack? ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/face-in-the-crowd2/

Asking for £25 or for a "VIP" version £45 for a cut out in the crowd.

Not sure how much take up this would ever get but the day after theyve stuck 2 fingers up to fans its just coming across as desperate rather than proactive.

I can't decide if this is a stroke of genius or utter insanity but hot on the heels of the announcement the other day I'm more inclined towards the latter.

That said, I'll no doubt have a go so it probably say a lot about me! ?

• Like 1

Forest are doing the same, but theirs are 20 quid and they've already sold 500. I suspect we are watching and copying them seeing an easy way to make a few quid. Normally I'd applaud that but in the present circumstances it doesn't sit right doing that to fans already out of pocket.

I suspect we'll sell a handful and it will look daft on tv.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

It I could guarantee a place right next to Mowbray with full TV exposure I'd be tempted to buy a cutout.

I would of course be be wearing my 'Venky's Out' T-shirt

I said something similar to my mate's son, only my T shirt would read "Mowbray out!"

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Do you think it's a wise move letting your girlfriend go round the training ground with Bradley Dack? ?

Probably not mate! Hahahahaha

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yep. Along with some of the weird proposals they've posted onto LinkedIn for new advertising slots, including decals which will paste over the windows of the executive boxes and lounges with Sponsors logo's on. (if anyone buys them)

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure how much take up this would ever get but the day after theyve stuck 2 fingers up to fans its just coming across as desperate rather than proactive.

Wow, that’s both pathetic and patronising!

With Waggott’s policy seemingly being to disregard fans at all costs I can’t see how on earth he thinks this will squeeze more cash out of fans.

”Your support is 4 mill thick!”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Forest are doing the same, but theirs are 20 quid and they've already sold 500. I suspect we are watching and copying them seeing an easy way to make a few quid. Normally I'd applaud that but in the present circumstances it doesn't sit right doing that to fans already out of pocket.

These are the kind of initiatives that would be applauded at a club where:

- They didn’t have billionaire owners (“desperate to fund success” unless we are being lied to)

- Board members weren’t on up to £300k (even during a crippling pandemic)

- Players has taken a pay cut to help the club (we’re all in it together)

- Those in charge saw the most faithful fans as assets to be cherished rather than to be exploited by price hikes and guilt trips

- It was recognised that some fans would happily donate or accept iFollow, while a small number of others desperately needed that refund (offered by other clubs) due to devastating change in circumstances

- There hasn’t been 10 years of piss-takes and squandering by those in charge, with no regard for fans who have stuck around - even through the ignominy and embarrassment of relegation to the third tier

If the mission has been to alienate fans then the current board are doing NOTHING to turn that around.

Take a pay cut Waggott and you’ll get some respect. Keep taking your exorbitant wage while telling us that we must support our club and you can foxtrot oscar.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

Remember when there was a spot the face competition in the match programme, with a free ticket to the next game. They could run something similar, with the winner having two cut-outs at the next game.

This cardboard cut out thing is a very poor idea and is certain to look pretty pathetic.

In principle, you’d have a full ground of faces and the place would look as though fans were present. Pipe in some crowd noise and Sky can keep pushing the virus through their News channels so they can make BCD permanent for their Sports channels! (I jest of course - I think!)

We are being taken the piss out of. 4 home games left - pay £25 (£6 per match) to show you are a super fan. It is absolutely another way to milk fans.

No fans allowed = no cut outs bought.

Edited by Stuart

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

This cardboard cut out thing is a very poor idea and is certain to look pretty pathetic.

In principle, you’d have a full ground of faces and the place would look as though fans were present. Pipe in some crowd noise and Sky can keep pushing the virus through their News channels so they can make BCD permanent for their Sports channels! (I jest of course - I think!)

We are being taken the piss out of. 4 home games left - pay £25 (£6 per match) to show you are a super fan. It is absolutely another way to milk fans.

No fans allowed = no cut outs bought.

Stuart, did you not detect the hint of sarcasm in my post.

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I notice that Dingle fans on Twitter are starting to pay the £25 but their cut outs are of Burnley players.

On one hand, they are putting money into Rovers but on the other, pretty embarrassing to have a load of Dingle shirts in the crowd, or worse, in the dugout.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoeH said:

Great research. Thanks for this, nice to see it all laid out.

As a seson ticket holder who is not on i play or whatever it is, i am being offered all 9 games on said i player, so in effect 5 free games which would have cost a lot more money, on Joe H list i dont see any of the clubs offering every match or did i miss something.

Edited by EgyptianPete

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

As a seson ticket holder who is not on i play or whatever it is, i am being offered all 9 games on said i player, so in effect 5 free games which would have cost a lot more money, on Joe H list i dont see any of the clubs offering every match or did i miss something.

Think you must have missed it, every other club is offering the same.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52940391

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

All clubs are....

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/the-journey-continues-as-the-sky-bet-championship-schedule-and-tv-selections-confirmed/

2019/20 Season Ticket holders will not miss any of the action as all home and away fixtures will be streamed via a Club’s iFollow (or equivalent) service

2 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Thanks everyone for the reply, being Rovers daft i may do the cut out. At least we get to keep em.?

I would say to the club, keep my cut-out and put it in my seat next season, because I will not be renewing as it stands.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

The problem is that they are attempting to equate going to a match with a password to watch it from home on a laptop or smartphone.

They are not the same. Far from it. I realise that it might be the best alternative in the current circumstances but for me 9 logins to online streaming is worth a lot less than admission to 4 home games.

Others may disagree with that and feel online streaming is a more than adequate alternative.

Rovers along with the other Championship clubs have done a deal with Sky and the media companies to allow all the games to be streamed in exchange for which clubs will receive the same media income as pre virus. 

So Rovers are still getting that cash and will have little to do to facilitate it, simply issuing additional passwords.

I'm almost certain that I would prefer a discount on next season's ticket instead yet no suggestion of that being on the agenda, even though Waggott suggested it would be.

I think most clubs are now taking the view that I Follow is a fair and pro rata equivalent to a season ticket. In that case why should I bother buying next season? Why are home games costing me £16 per game yet someone else can now buy a password for just £10?

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

As a season ticket holder, I must say I do have sympathy with the club, especially losing two big money makers in the Leeds and WBA games.

I can even stomach not receiving any refund, but the idea of paying for a cardboard cut out of myself-£25.00 or £45.00 for one in pride of place- seems a wee bit tacky.

I wonder if we could get giant ones of Steve Kean/Jerome Anderson/Owen Coyle? 

How the mighty have fallen!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The problem is that they are attempting to equate going to a match with a password to watch it from home on a laptop or smartphone.

They are not the same. Far from it. I realise that it might be the best alternative in the current circumstances but for me 9 logins to online streaming is worth a lot less than admission to 4 home games.

Others may disagree with that and feel online streaming is a more than adequate alternative.

Rovers along with the other Championship clubs have done a deal with Sky and the media companies to allow all the games to be streamed in exchange for which clubs will receive the same media income as pre virus. 

So Rovers are still getting that cash and will have little to do to facilitate it, simply issuing additional passwords.

I'm almost certain that I would prefer a discount on next season's ticket instead yet no suggestion of that being on the agenda, even though Waggott suggested it would be.

I think most clubs are now taking the view that I Follow is a fair and pro rata equivalent to a season ticket. In that case why should I bother buying next season? Why are home games costing me £16 per game yet someone else can now buy a password for just £10?

Of course we would prefer to be at the ground watching games, but we can’t.

Of course we would like a refund on our season tickets or a discount off next season.

Of course we want to watch games on iFollow as an alternative.

As it stands the club are trying to finish the season without Covid making a bigger hole in the finances than it already has done. No match day income, money for testing, players wages etc. 

Let’s not have a go at the management for doing what they can, to try and ensure we still have a club to support next season and those following.