BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if I'm moaning for the sake of it but I just logged in to Rovers.co.uk  to find out what I need to do to get the I follow only to discover I have already apparently missed a deadline of 6p.m. Tuesday to take the necessary steps and having read the article I'm not really that much wiser as to what I should have done in the first place.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes me, I only use my account for away tickets and very rarely use the site for anything else, and to be honest it's not the most user friendly site to begin with..

I have different passwords for e-tickets and my rovers page plus I have had to change my passwords a few times due to mix ups with other family members as there are 6  of us who all sit together  with the exact same initials and two of us with the same name ,always been a nightmare as my brother also sometimes orders the tickets so basically I am not looking forward to trying to log on with a code.. 

Fuming that It looks like i’ve missed the deadline for ifollow as a season ticker holder. Only just found out now there was a deadline. 
I went through the process last night registering for a My Rovers account and thought it was a clunky process and many less tech savvy would struggle. 

I’m now considering claiming a refund for my season ticket. 

5 minutes ago, toogs said:

Fuming that It looks like i’ve missed the deadline for ifollow as a season ticker holder. Only just found out now there was a deadline. 
I went through the process last night registering for a My Rovers account and thought it was a clunky process and many less tech savvy would struggle. 

I’m now considering claiming a refund for my season ticket. 

Me too..A refund should be an option !

I don't believe Ifollow will be any better than the Red button ...so I am not too fussed...

Sky have cancelled red button , so it's Jeff and the boys !

Edited by Waggy76

So unless you have an eticketng account setup on the Rovers site (which I don't) then you have no way to be aware of the ifollow deadline / offer ?

They should have made individual contact with all 8500 fans surely.

No issue with the deadline itself but the only way I know about it (and the offer) is from coming on here.

Refund is a legal obligation (unless you waived the right by signing up for an ifollow pass).

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

All this sounds like a continuation of the general chaos of the last decade. The common denominator in that period is the owners. The dumbing down of everything we had come to expect as normal is now complete as something that should have been a relatively simple process is made complicated and seems certain to antagonise a large swathe of loyal supporters, many who might just decide enough is enough.

The latest news almost seems that anybody requesting a refund will likely be means tested............for your own money.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No issue with the deadline itself 

I have issue with a deadline I wasn’t made aware of by usual channels. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, toogs said:

You're okay. I spoke to someone at 5pm yesterday who said so long as you have sorted the first bit, the MyRovers account, then you'll get an email on Thursday or Friday with your iFollow code. Try to link your season ticket by Saturday she said to me. 

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

You're okay. I spoke to someone at 5pm yesterday who said so long as you have sorted the first bit, the MyRovers account, then you'll get an email on Thursday or Friday with your iFollow code. Try to link your season ticket by Saturday she said to me. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

This just sounds dodgier and dodgier. Just when you think think they can’t stoop any lower.

I guess this deadline will just add to the number of people out of pocket and demanding refunds and/or not renewing in future.

“Stick with us through these unprecedented times” even though we won’t stick with you.

To be fair Stuart this seems to be the procedure across all EFL clubs ..and not just Rovers..a quick flick through a few club sites and and they all seem to need an email linked to your season ticket and have deadlines set.

The "advantages" of a paper free world ..sigh ..

I get why they're doing it, to stop fraudulent usage of the service, fine, but they don't have any tech people helping. They've got the ticket office workers sorting it all out who obviously have a limited knowledge of this brand new system that they'll have heard of about a week ago. 

The deadline won't be a date and time defined by Rovers its an efl/ifollow thing so they can get everything sorted pre kick off.  You could of course argue the club should have made more of an effort to stress the deadline to people.

My biggest concern is how the whole ifollow service will hold up under increased demand, haven't had much experience of it myself but its supposed to be a bit crap by all accounts under 'normal' demand.  Not sure how well its all gonna go down if its continually buffering etc......

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The deadline won't be a date and time defined by Rovers its an efl/ifollow thing so they can get everything sorted pre kick off.  You could of course argue the club should have made more of an effort to stress the deadline to people.

My biggest concern is how the whole ifollow service will hold up under increased demand, haven't had much experience of it myself but its supposed to be a bit crap by all accounts under 'normal' demand.  Not sure how well its all gonna go down if its continually buffering etc......

I used iFollow from its launch when it was dreadful. It improved a bit last season in quality of video, more cameras etc.

If you have a good internet speeds, I'm on 300/300, it should be fine IF the IFollow server can cope

Hopefully it has been upgraded.

Thing is tech problems do arise and I found the iFollow online chat worse than useless. If I got a problem I would reboot and try again. 

Eventually it drove me back to using alternative methods, oddly more reliable.

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Eight positive tests across six Championship clubs.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/efl-statement-covid-19-test-results4/

I’m finding it strange how the narrative has changed completely. It’s almost as though these positive tests are matter-of-fact, nothing to see here, and everyone carries on regardless with their only focus being to finish the season (at all costs). Has the virus burned itself out but we are all just being kept in the dark - or is there still an ongoing threat to life?

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m finding it strange how the narrative has changed completely. It’s almost as though these positive tests are matter-of-fact, nothing to see here, and everyone carries on regardless with their only focus being to finish the season (at all costs). Has the virus burned itself out but we are all just being kept in the dark - or is there still an ongoing threat to life?

Led from the top. Only 36 deaths. Over 200 the following day, but only 36 recorded that one day so hooray!

Everything feels so nonchalant and desensitised now.

Edited by CD_93

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if I'm moaning for the sake of it but I just logged in to Rovers.co.uk  to find out what I need to do to get the I follow only to discover I have already apparently missed a deadline of 6p.m. Tuesday to take the necessary steps and having read the article I'm not really that much wiser as to what I should have done in the first place.

Anyone else in the same boat?

£3.00 Waggott tax per game for being naughty and missing the deadline.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

When the Stoke manager found out he had tested positive he was actually at Carrington where his team were due to play Man Utd in a friendly. The game was called off and he went into self isolation but how did it get so close to the game when he found out. Had that call come an hour or two later the infection could have spread like wildfire around Carrington. My understanding was that this couldn't happen in the protective bubble they have around football. Had it spread Operation Restart and the 'protocols' would have had to be rewritten. Whilst precautions have been taken it only takes one player to slip through the net.

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Cheers.

After numerous false starts have just just registered for a my Rovers account, updated my preferences and linked my season ticket.

We'll see if I get my code. I'll be fuming if I dont get it because of the arbitrary deadline they didn't tell anyone about. Don't fancy my chances of getting sorted via the e-mail address given if the code doesn't arrive.

Now then whether to spend £45 on a cut out before 6p.m  tomorrow.......

Might scare off the opposition. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Surely though the whole point of testing is that everyone can be retested again in 2-3 days and only those who are positive need to self isolate and the rest are clear to play and can carry on as normal.

If the number of positive tests was substantial enough on retest (presumably a sort of number that has previously  been discussed between the Clubs  )then that might be grounds for the Club in question to request a postponement. 

We'd never get restarted if we go to ground everytime there's the odd positive test, 8 positives out of over 2200 tests carried out isn't pad at all imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Surely though the whole point of testing is that everyone can be retested again in 2-3 days and only those who are positive need to self isolate and the rest are clear to play and can carry on as normal.

If the number of positive tests was substantial enough on retest (presumably a sort of number that has previously  been discussed between the Clubs  )then that might be grounds for the Club in question to request a postponement. 

We'd never get restarted if we go to ground everytime there's the odd positive test, 8 positives out of over 2200 tests carried out isn't pad at all imo.

I just find it bizarre that despite people still working from home and teaching unions still insisting kids are not safe to go back to school that nobody else is really taking this pandemic seriously anymore - including football.

The protests, and the lack of any real coverage anymore of the impact, have made people feel like they are immune.

I'm just glad that having decided no refunds for struggling fans and receiving his full salary at least Waggott still gets to go and watch the game at Ewood at our expense whilst we all have to sit at home struggling to stream it onto a laptop.

Them and us indeed.

Stay at home, shut up, dont you dare harm the club by expecting money back, be grateful for the streaming but make sure you cough up again next year. We need that money to pay 6 figure salaries out so Waggott and his mates can go and watch.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I just find it bizarre that despite people still working from home and teaching unions still insisting kids are not safe to go back to school that nobody else is really taking this pandemic seriously anymore - including football.

The protests, and the lack of any real coverage anymore of the impact, have made people feel like they are immune.

I mean 1000 kids In a cramped space like a school compared and no testing compared is not really comparable at all 

13 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I mean 1000 kids In a cramped space like a school compared and no testing compared is not really comparable at all 

So footballers are safe because of testing, you say? Hmm. ?

• Like 1