BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So footballers are safe because of testing, you say? Hmm. ?

Where have you been. Footballers and children have extremely low chances of suffering badly from the virus. The issue is them spreading the virus.

If you test for it then you can prevent people spreading it. Doesn't eliminate all risk becuade you cant eliminate all risk but makes a big difference. 

33 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Where have you been. Footballers and children have extremely low chances of suffering badly from the virus. The issue is them spreading the virus.

If you test for it then you can prevent people spreading it. Doesn't eliminate all risk becuade you cant eliminate all risk but makes a big difference. 

No shizzle? Testing people reduces risk?

Maybe they should be testing school kids so they can get an education and their parents can go to work.

Oh wait, there’s no money in that!

Anyway, great news that football is back with a bang. Or a nil-nil with a error from the officials.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2020 at 20:01, arbitro said:

You should email Waggott and let him know why you won't be buying a season ticket when they are on sale again. The more people that write to him to raise objections and point out the potential consequences the better. The best email address is ltalbot@rovers.co.uk . Lynsey is the Supporter Liaison Manager. You could mark it fao Steve Waggott.

Thanks for the advise. I will take it on board and send an e mail..

On 17/06/2020 at 18:04, Stuart said:

I just find it bizarre that despite people still working from home and teaching unions still insisting kids are not safe to go back to school that nobody else is really taking this pandemic seriously anymore - including football.

The protests, and the lack of any real coverage anymore of the impact, have made people feel like they are immune.

Sadly very true Stuart. I went to ALDI Ewood yesterday. Last week staff on the door, sanitizing station for trolleys, gel for hands. Yesterday two empty gel containers on a window ledge.

The virus is still with us but millions have suddenly relaxed. Personally I'm redoubling my efforts to stay safe.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2020 at 21:36, chaddyrovers said:

Depends what the government is saying. He seeing the same news and as us. Oxford university said last week that the UK population could be vaccinated by Christmas. 

Look like the season wont start until October anyway if the season wont finish until Mid August. 

On 16/06/2020 at 21:54, chaddyrovers said:

No one said everyone would vaccinated by September tho. 

Here is the latest comments from Prof John Bell from Oxford university 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/matt-frei/coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-in-uk-by-christmas/

Do you actually understand what has been said in this link?

Fans won't be in the ground before March 2021.

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Do you actually understand what has been said in this link?

Fans won't be in the ground before March 2021.

Well I suggest you look at Oliver Dowden's comments said at yesterday's briefing where he said that some football fans maybe able to return at the start of next season. 

Plus Prof John Bell says the entire UK population could be vaccinated by Christmas. We see by end of Trials whether they work or not. That's the bigger question at this stage

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Well that’s nice. That goodness we don’t have to worry about it...

1CF84906-1EBF-446B-873D-83B30D4EE106.jpeg

That as always been the case with ifollow since its start for overseas subscribers, your subscription (video content)  covers all standard league games not including the play offs. all to do with play off games in every division  being broadcast on TV . For part of the first season of ifollow there was no Football League tv broadcast deal in Australia, so contacted ifollow and they said if there is no TV station showing the play off games in x country, match passes will be made available per game for that country.

Expect that  play off games on a per match basis this season will have to be offered to season ticket holders for a fee.

Edit: Wrong on my expectations of the above, just looked at the Exeter website who played in a first leg play off this week.Looks like the broadcasters put their foot down despite the unusual circumstances.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/watch-play-offs/

Edited by perthblue02

Mowbray has admitted that “there’s an extra cost" in signing up the out of contract players until the end of the season.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18527266.mowbray-reveals-rovers-contract-boost-ahead-re-start/

It may be nice to give Smallwood and Samuel an extra month seemingly more as a reward for the League 1 season (which was 2 years ago!) but is it a luxury we can flippantly give when we cant even afford to reimburse fans? We dont need either of them.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray has admitted that “there’s an extra cost" in signing up the out of contract players until the end of the season.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18527266.mowbray-reveals-rovers-contract-boost-ahead-re-start/

It may be nice to give Smallwood and Samuel an extra month seemingly more as a reward for the League 1 season (which was 2 years ago!) but is it a luxury we can flippantly give when we cant even afford to reimburse fans? We dont need either of them.

In centre mid we've got Travis, Johnson, Evans, Davenport, Downing, Buckley, Bennett and at a push Holtby and Rothwell. Smallwood likely won't make an extended 9 man bench. What on earth is the point in this extended contract???

Samuel has at least featured a few times before the break.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would say, if we do need either of those. We are not good enough.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Samuel I get, scored recently and looked good 

Smallwood is a joke, never going to feature and we can’t have refunds on our money yet we can give him another £40k or so just because we want to be nice 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Samuel I get, scored recently and looked good 

Smallwood is a joke, never going to feature and we can’t have refunds on our money yet we can give him another £40k or so just because we want to be nice 

A tad disrespectful, although I am going to assume you didn't mean it as Smallwood the man is a joke, but more the decision to sign him up again s. If that's the case I apologise. I

f it isn't the case then I should remind you that Smallwood always put every effort in whilst in a Rovers shirt and has never done anything to disrespect the club or town. He's not good enough at this level but I enjoyed watching him play whilst in League 1 and will always be thankful for his services. We've had far, far worse players!

• Like 3

Still thrown away a season of his career (at a midfielders late 20s peak too) to sit on a nice contract... which he’s perfectly entitled to do, by the way, especially as he won’t see that kind of deal again, but it has surprised me a little as it always seemed the type that loves playing football and wouldn’t be happy just to train with no sniff of the first team squad at a weekend.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

A tad disrespectful, although I am going to assume you didn't mean it as Smallwood the man is a joke, but more the decision to sign him up again s. If that's the case I apologise. I

f it isn't the case then I should remind you that Smallwood always put every effort in whilst in a Rovers shirt and has never done anything to disrespect the club or town. He's not good enough at this level but I enjoyed watching him play whilst in League 1 and will always be thankful for his services. We've had far, far worse players!

Sorry yes I meant the decision to offer him another month is a joke

• Like 1

What we know from the Bundesliga is that players are picking up many more injuries in games than normal. Anyone who gets a minor injury might be out for the rest of the season.

Given there are 9 games in quick order I suspect the decision to extend a few contracts is to be on the safe side if we pick up more than our fair share.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Still thrown away a season of his career (at a midfielders late 20s peak too) to sit on a nice contract... which he’s perfectly entitled to do, by the way, especially as he won’t see that kind of deal again, but it has surprised me a little as it always seemed the type that loves playing football and wouldn’t be happy just to train with no sniff of the first team squad at a weekend.

Definitely turned out that way, but I suspect it was less him happy to sit on a contract, more him backing himself to win a spot back. TM has said on multiple occasions that he's not one to fully ostracise the players who are surplus to requirements, so it's possible that he was waiting for his chance to come around. It just turns out that it never did.

The point is that big money will be found to pay all players in full even if part deferred whilst peanuts can not be found to meet any ST refunds that may arise.

This works by praying on Fan loyalty or IMHO taking the piss.

If I was an ST holder, living abroad I'm not, I would demand and pursue the Club for a refund.

I am however trying to get family, who I introduced to Rovers over the years, to do exactly that. Their choice, some will some won't.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Definitely turned out that way, but I suspect it was less him happy to sit on a contract, more him backing himself to win a spot back. TM has said on multiple occasions that he's not one to fully ostracise the players who are surplus to requirements, so it's possible that he was waiting for his chance to come around. It just turns out that it never did.

He’s not even been on the bench all season, whilst new signings and young lads have all pushed past him, and there’s been a load of injuries in midfield positions and still no sniff.

Surely by Christmas he should’ve seen the writing on the wall and been angling for at least a loan move? Maybe he was and it just didn’t happen, but ‘it’s a short career‘ doesn’t just mean money’

Edited by Mattyblue

Well as expected it's crap. "The promotion code you entered is not valid."

Yet another example of how the club no longer gives a shit about the support.

TV. TV. TV.........it's all the game cares about these days.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

That as always been the case with ifollow since its start for overseas subscribers, your subscription (video content)  covers all standard league games not including the play offs. all to do with play off games in every division  being broadcast on TV . For part of the first season of ifollow there was no Football League tv broadcast deal in Australia, so contacted ifollow and they said if there is no TV station showing the play off games in x country, match passes will be made available per game for that country.

Expect that  play off games on a per match basis this season will have to be offered to season ticket holders for a fee.

Edit: Wrong on my expectations of the above, just looked at the Exeter website who played in a first leg play off this week.Looks like the broadcasters put their foot down despite the unusual circumstances.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/watch-play-offs/

Not what I meant pb. We can’t even buy iFollow passes to watch the play-offs. Back to exclusivity. Is anyone going to buy a Sky subscription to watch one match?

With any luck it’ll be on in the pub by then. Hope Fulham beat Bristol City. ;)