BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Face masks and socially distant seating, can't say I'm in any rush to get back under them conditions to be honest 

Not a big fan of face masks full stop.

Lots of questions to be asked before fans get into ground like are people going to be allow to sit with family members or friends. Use of Toilet facilities by people. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Interesting.

I think it would be an idea not to have any away fans anywhere for a while and see how things go.

Agree with this but no way will Rovers do this. Away fans are more important than home fans to the current regime.

More of a concern will be how everyone is accommodated with social distancing in the busier areas like the family stand and BBE.

A complete reset on ST seats, or just shunt everyone across and down?

People who have had a seat for years won’t be very happy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Agree with this but no way will Rovers do this. Away fans are more important than home fans to the current regime.

More of a concern will be how everyone is accommodated with social distancing in the busier areas like the family stand and BBE.

A complete reset on ST seats, or just shunt everyone across and down?

People who have had a seat for years won’t be very happy.

I wont be happy in losing my current seat..

Your second point is an excellent. How will seats be arrange? Families or friends sitting together allow to sit together?.

No away fans will be allowed in next season I would imagine. The government, FA and EFL will set this as the rules. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I wont be happy in losing my current seat..

Your second point is an excellent. How will seats be arrange? Families or friends sitting together allow to sit together?.

No away fans will be allowed in next season I would imagine. The government, FA and EFL will set this as the rules. 

I dont see how there is any solution around the desire to keep your seat in the short term, assuming limited capacties.

It is a strange one in terms of season tickets for this eventuality. Maybe allow people to select seats as normal but whilst capacity is limited, I dont see how people can select seats, surely it would be just go in the order that you enter the ground.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont see how there is any solution around the desire to keep your seat in the short term, assuming limited capacties.

It is a strange one in terms of season tickets for this eventuality. Maybe allow people to select seats as normal but whilst capacity is limited, I dont see how people can select seats, surely it would be just go in the order that you enter the ground.

Maybe limit the number of people/groups on each row. 

Clubs are going to have to manage when the government issue the guidelines 

I would presume that when season tickets are sold you will be able to opt to sit together with your household group if appropriate. So that ther can't be a pattern of allocated seats and gaps - it will depend on the groups who buy.

I would also imagine that preferences could be taken into account as people buy their tickets at least at the beginning. As spaces fill up (with gaps left as appropriate) then people will have to take the best of what's left.

I can see a case for season tickets to be sold in groups rather like the allocation of away tickets for popular games. At the end of the day there is plenty of room to accommodate every season ticket holder in a decent seat as long as fans aren't too precious about the exact seat location.

• Like 2

Sounding to me like it won't be worth the aggro and hassle of returning.

I really don't understand what is happening in general, as the virus  becomes less and less prevalent, restrictions are becoming more and more draconian. Leicester gets locked down again because a near negligible  1.4 people out of every thousand have the virus, and today we're getting the ridiculous suggestion that face masks might be made compulsory in shops where limited numbers and social distancing are already in force.

I won't be bothering attending football on principle if it's made compulsory to wear a mask and I certainly don't fancy turning up three hours before either.

Limited numbers with no other restrictions I could just about accept.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how this is going to work. 

Are they going to do away with the weekly or twice weekly testing or are they going to roll it out across all four divisions? How are they going to pay for it all?

How are clubs going to pay their players and fulfil fixtures especially in the bottom two leagues without income? Are Sky or the League bailing them out?

It seems every issue from 3 months ago is still there yet they are now able to restart. 

Don't get me wrong I'm glad about it but just baffled by the lack of answers.

11 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

And to think I had just visited Ibrox for the first time and was feeling quite optimistic about the coming season some 12 months ago!

?

I was exactly the same. I had, had a great night in Glasgow.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't understand how this is going to work. 

Are they going to do away with the weekly or twice weekly testing or are they going to roll it out across all four divisions? How are they going to pay for it all?

How are clubs going to pay their players and fulfil fixtures especially in the bottom two leagues without income? Are Sky or the League bailing them out?

It seems every issue from 3 months ago is still there yet they are now able to restart. 

Don't get me wrong I'm glad about it but just baffled by the lack of answers.

What about if someone in the same seating area tests positive are season ticket holders in that area going to be contacted to self isolate for 2 weeks I for one wont put myself in that position as if I dont work I dont get paid simple as

What that says to me @philipl is that fans matter. 12th man and all that. Influencing referees is our job, our duty, I’m pretty sure I’ve personally got players booked in games. Usually by drawing attention to opposing players’ misconduct and making a referee deal with a situation. In BCD those situations don’t occur.

It’s why teams like Liverpool and United have always had favourable decisions in home games.

Is it a bad thing - or is it the essence of the game?