BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Government will allowed sport pilot schemes to resume now. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-53772735?__twitter_impression=true

I'm not having a dig at you chaddy, merely amazed government considers this a test of any sort.

The Crucible capacity is 980 and is a well controlled environment. This is an entirely different environment to a football stadium and in this respect is more akin to testing a return to theatres.

One has to hope no one in government is stupid enough to extrapolate the results of this test of a low attendance, indoor sporting event to a football crowd.

What is needed is a plan to get 10-15000 spectators in to a football ground and monitor the outcome. More easily just look at a few pubs.........

It's still looking like 2021 before we are able to watch live football. It's five weeks to the season start and as far as I'm aware we don't even have news on what fans can watch of BCD games. Not a word about live attendance other than the 17-30% limit reported on capacity.

The PL and EFL really should be opening up discussion on this subject.

Edited by Paul

1 hour ago, Paul said:

What is needed is a plan to get 10-15000 spectators in to a football ground and monitor the outcome. More easily just look at a few pubs.........

Some clubs will be stadium tests of fans during pre season. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

It's still looking like 2021 before we are able to watch live football. It's five weeks to the season start and as far as I'm aware we don't even have news on what fans can watch of BCD games. Not a word about live attendance other than the 17-30% limit reported on capacity.

I guess the majority of fans wont return to stadiums until we all had the vaccine. 

EFL Clubs are meeting up shortly with EFL to sort out coverage of games. Read that online in the past week

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some clubs will be stadium tests of fans during pre season. 

I guess the majority of fans wont return to stadiums until we all had the vaccine. 

EFL Clubs are meeting up shortly with EFL to sort out coverage of games. Read that online in the past week

I'm prepared to go back without a vaccine. If we have to wait this long the game as a live spectator sport will be dead.

Whatever may happen elsewhere the UK is years away from a vaccine and after finding a safe, effective one only 50% of the population appear willing to be vaccinated.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm prepared to go back without a vaccine. If we have to wait this long the game as a live spectator sport will be dead.

Whatever may happen elsewhere the UK is years away from a vaccine and after finding a safe, effective one only 50% of the population appear willing to be vaccinated.

No vaccine and attending games will never be the same. No friends sat together or full stadiums. 

We need a vaccine and quick. 

How are we years away from a vaccine? 

Oxford university seems to think they will be ready by Christmas last time I read. Plus other vaccine deals we got

And if people dont want to get the vaccine. Fair enough but they will be the ones spreading the disease around the world. I will be getting the vaccine as soon as possible

Edited by chaddyrovers

Yeah, agree with you @Paul

There is no way that fans attending football matches will be able to wait until a vaccine is made, tested, mass produced and crucially as you say willingly given to everyone. The first 3 will take far longer than many football clubs will be able to fend off administration even before you consider the last factor.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No vaccine and attending games will never be the same. No friends sat together or full stadiums. 

Oxford university seems to think they will be ready by Christmas last time I read. Plus other vaccine deals we got

And if people dont want to get the vaccine. Fair enough but they will be the ones spreading the disease around the world. I will be getting the vaccine as soon as possible

You're correct Oxford say they may have a vaccine by Christmas. They won't have the millions of doses required. The majority of scientific opinion is 12-18 months is the very earliest we can expect a vaccine so if we take 15 months as an average that would put us in March.

There has never been a successful Coronavirus vaccine (there is more than one Coronavirus), most vaccines take years if not decades of development and to achieve one in 12-18 months is said by some scientists to be possibly one of the greatest scientific achievements of all time.

I'm all for optimism chaddy but not for blind optimism based on what Oxford or others hope will happen.

Vaccine deals? Last night the BBC reported we have 340m doses on order from six different sources. This means nothing until there is something which can actually be delivered.

The harsh reality is we are unlikely to have an effective vaccine control of Covid-19 for many years. If we had a vaccine today the problems are far from over.

What would make a difference is if everyone took the situation seriously, acted accordingly and accepted their responsibility to society. I only have to look around me daily to see we are so far away from this that we have no chance of overcoming the virus in the short-term. Many have never understood their responsibility to society and it isn't going to suddenly happen.

It seems millions are prepared to simply take the risk. In one way I agree with them as I feel all any of us can do is accept and manage our personal risk. A vaccine isn't going to suddenly make football safe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul said:

You're correct Oxford say they may have a vaccine by Christmas. They won't have the millions of doses required. 

AstraZeneca will/are mass producing the Oxford vaccine. So if it works after phase 3 trials happy days. So far so good. 

As long as the UK has enough doses for everybody who wants it that's all that matters to me.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

What would make a difference is if everyone took the situation seriously, acted accordingly and accepted their responsibility to society. I only have to look around me daily to see we are so far away from this that we have no chance of overcoming the virus in the short-term. Many have never understood their responsibility to society and it isn't going to suddenly happen.

It seems millions are prepared to simply take the risk. In one way I agree with them as I feel all any of us can do is accept and manage our personal risk. A vaccine isn't going to suddenly make football safe.

Well I and my family/friends have took it seriously and stuck to the rules. You are asking people who have never had to follow guidelines as much as now. Plus people dont read and watch the news as much as they should. 

If you want football clubs to survive past this season and full stadiums especially at league 1 and 2 clubs you need a vaccine. Social distancing and face masks wont achieve full stadiums

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which Christmas?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...