BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nothing that I have said relies on the fact that we are. I never said next season. Whenever fans are allowed in, thats when the deferred refund could apply.

I find it strange that you agreed initially that the policy adopted by the club was poor form, specifically mentioned the deferred refund idea as one you endorse, only to instantly revert back to type.

No one has reverted to type tho. 

Yes the club have said there is refund if you want as @laughatthedingles has said. But the club havent said anything about next season cos we dont know about next season yet. There is talks from different sporting bodies and government about when fans will be able to return. 

Other clubs might offer their fans a discount for next season but no guarantee we will be back or even some of us. 

Yes Rovers could offer deferral option to later date or in the next week if fans who want a refund. It's a question that you should send to Rovers to see if it is option they will consider

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the club have said there is refund if you want as @laughatthedingles has said. But the club havent said anything about next season cos we dont know about next season yet. There is talks from different sporting bodies and government about when fans will be able to return. 

Other clubs might offer their fans a discount for next season but no guarantee we will be back or even some of us. 

Yes Rovers could offer deferral option to later date or in the next week if fans who want a refund. It's a question that you should send to Rovers to see if it is option they will consider

I might be being a bit thick here but can you show me specifically where it says there is a refund for anybody who wants one? I read it as the opposite to that. They are actually asking fans not to request refunds.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/rovers-provide-further-update-on-streaming-service/

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

A refund would be in relation to THIS SEASON. Stop going on about focusing on this season as if that is a reason for any of this. It is about THIS season.

There doesnt have to be a specific season for said refund to be deferred until. I have never said NEXT season. If we cant go next season, it can be for the season after, etc. Just whenever that is. Ultimately the cash flow wouldnt be dented until season tickets are purchased anyway. Indeed without this gesture, some of those season ticket purchases may not happen because fans as a couple on here have shown may become disillusioned

You cant have a cop out that there is a refund. A refund is NOT offered on the statement. You cant have the cop out that it may be announced later because if it was going to be announced it should have been announced TODAY as an alternative to the ifollow links. 

You have reverted to type. You initially criticised the club fairly and within your next post, reverted back to defending them by your usual mix of acting as a spokesperson for the club and spouting irrelevant or inaccurate phrases to muddy the waters of the conversation.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

And will we even be going to games at all next season??

Personally I would think restrictions will be lifted by next season. As people will demand a less restrictive general society. No proof, just an opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It feels like it's just another reminder that this isn't the same club I fell in love with as a child.

I think we all feel that way - The club has lost it's soul.

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

I did email Lynsey Talbot - Its something they are looking into

I email the club regularly and get the same response every time - we will look into it. Then nothing..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

My holiday to Spain has been cancelled.

I've been offered two sessions on a flight simulator software and a video of an empty beach to watch for 5 days.

At least if you are a family of 4 then you can watch the empty beach on 4 different devices.

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

My holiday to Spain has been cancelled.

I've been offered two sessions on a flight simulator software and a video of an empty beach to watch for 5 days.

If they throw in a free welcome drink, deckchair and parasol I'd go for the beach video.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A refund would be in relation to THIS SEASON. Stop going on about focusing on this season as if that is a reason for any of this. It is about THIS season.

There doesnt have to be a specific season for said refund to be deferred until. I have never said NEXT season. If we cant go next season, it can be for the season after, etc. Just whenever that is. Ultimately the cash flow wouldnt be dented until season tickets are purchased anyway. Indeed without this gesture, some of those season ticket purchases may not happen because fans as a couple on here have shown may become disillusioned

You cant have a cop out that there is a refund. A refund is NOT offered on the statement. You cant have the cop out that it may be announced later because if it was going to be announced it should have been announced TODAY as an alternative to the ifollow links. 

You have reverted to type. You initially criticised the club fairly and within your next post, reverted back to defending them by your usual mix of acting as a spokesperson for the club and spouting irrelevant or inaccurate phrases to muddy the waters of the conversation.

If it a deferral refund then that would be on NEXT season or any season when we are allow back in stadium. 

They have asked fans not to request a refund but if some fans want it then the club would surely look at the requests. 

No I havent reverted to any type but try to look at the situation. Yes I am surprise they havent offer a deferral option but from what was said before by Pete they are looking at discount for ST holders on next season or beyond in buying a Season Ticket. That's will be announce at the appropriate time. 

If you have a problem with no deferral option then contact the club by phone or Email. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If it a deferral refund then that would be on NEXT season or any season when we are allow back in stadium. 

They have asked fans not to request a refund but if some fans want it then the club would surely look at the requests. 

No I havent reverted to any type but try to look at the situation. Yes I am surprise they havent offer a deferral option but from what was said before by Pete they are looking at discount for ST holders on next season or beyond in buying a Season Ticket. That's will be announce at the appropriate time. 

If you have a problem with no deferral option then contact the club by phone or Email. 

Exactly, so if next season is not allowed, then the season after, or whenever. The deferral would be flexible in that it wouldnt specify the date which is unknown, just the next possible opportunity to buy a season ticket once fans can start to attend again. Thats what I said. 

If that was going to be an option then the appropriate time to mention it would surely be when the ifollow option is also mentioned. No bollocks meaningless cliches about concentrating on this season, as the refund does relate to this season.

Ive said that I will take up the ifollow option so why would I contact the club? You are just trotting out lines as if you work for the club. My point is that we are potentially losing supporter goodwill and potentially reducing the number of people that take season tickets when it is possible to attend games again, not that it affects me personally.

So do you still think that they should have offered a refund, ? You said today that it was a "poor action" by the club not to, do you stand by that comment? Yes or no.

Also, what do you think to the tone of the statement, very guilt tripping as has been a consistent theme through the marketing and media messages under Waggott, "we're committed, are you?" and now this. Do you think that is the correct way to go to retain customer relations.

Edited by roversfan99

Thing is Chaddy, you have no credibility, because even though now you are ‘surprised’ there is no deferral offered and you believed it was a ‘poor action’ that there was no refunds offered, we all know that when STs are finally on sale, if there is no discount, you’ll be all...

‘The club has handled this very well’

’The prices are very reasonable’

’It’s only £15 a game, why can’t fans just support their club?’

’You can’t expect the club to offer discounts, what about FFP?’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly, so if next season is not allowed, then the season after, or whenever. The deferral would be flexible in that it wouldnt specify the date which is unknown, just the next possible opportunity to buy a season ticket once fans can start to attend again. Thats what I said. 

If that was going to be an option then the appropriate time to mention it would surely be when the ifollow option is also mentioned. No bollocks meaningless cliches about concentrating on this season, as the refund does relate to this season.

Ive said that I will take up the ifollow option so why would I contact the club? You are just trotting out lines as if you work for the club. My point is that we are potentially losing supporter goodwill and potentially reducing the number of people that take season tickets when it is possible to attend games again, not that it affects me personally.

So do you still think that they should have offered a refund, ? You said today that it was a "poor action" by the club not to, do you stand by that comment? Yes or no.

Also, what do you think to the tone of the statement, very guilt tripping as has been a consistent theme through the marketing and media messages under Waggott, "we're committed, are you?" and now this. Do you think that is the correct way to go to retain customer relations.

We have no idea how long this stadium ban will go on for. We have no idea when they will allow fans back in Stadiums. I am hoping end of the year but I would be glad to get back to some sort of normal life before that. It has been reported in the media that Sporting bodies are meeting with the Government about fans being allow back into stadiums and race courses. 

If any supporter wants a refund or deferral why not contact the club and speak to them directly. Maybe the club will change policy on this. 

If people don't want watch Rovers on a stream then yes there should be refund for them. 

No the statement didn't bother me but I didn't read properly just quickly scanned it anyway like I do with most letters. 

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thing is Chaddy, you have no credibility, because even though now you are ‘surprised’ there is no deferral offered and you believed it was a ‘poor action’ that there was no refunds offered, we all know that when STs are finally on sale, if there is no discount, you’ll be all...

‘The club has handled this very well’

’The prices are very reasonable’

’It’s only £15 a game, why can’t fans just support their club?’

’You can’t expect the club to offer discounts, what about FFP?’

Do you really think I am that bothered about my credibility on this site? I aint going to lose any sleep cos if it. It's a messageboard. Blimey, you think I was running for President or something! B)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We have no idea how long this stadium ban will go on for. We have no idea when they will allow fans back in Stadiums. I am hoping end of the year but I would be glad to get back to some sort of normal life before that. It has been reported in the media that Sporting bodies are meeting with the Government about fans being allow back into stadiums and race courses. 

If any supporter wants a refund or deferral why not contact the club and speak to them directly. Maybe the club will change policy on this. 

If people don't want watch Rovers on a stream then yes there should be refund for them. 

No the statement didn't bother me but I didn't read properly just quickly scanned it anyway like I do with most letters. 

I know we dont! Can you please stop blabbering on about government guidelines and the doubt over next season, it has absolutely nothing to do with any of this! I know that we dont know when the stadium ban will end. When is irrelevant to the principle of allowing a clear alternative option to ifollow links of a deferred refund as a reduction of a season ticket WHENEVER that is.

People shouldnt have to contact the club and the timing shouldnt be in doubt, it should all be at the same time in the same place. Expecting a further statement down the line offering refunds is a cop out, its totally speculative, its unlikely, and it would only result as a reaction to negative press. Other clubs at this level have clearly stated the various options available, ifollow links as we have, plus refunds (both deferred and instantly claimable) and all the information at the same time, and not only is it good for their PR, but they will reap the benefits I suspect from that maintained supporter relationship when season tickets can next be bought.

We have gone down the routes of only offering ifollow links, and whether there is an element of doubt as to how legally binding it is or not, a plea and a guilt trip as to why we should not expect or try and claim refunds, and basically any potential for a season ticket holder not getting value from said ifollow links, whether it be lack of interest, numerous STH's in the same household, lack of computer nous, whatever, its just tough shit basically.

What is frustrating is that the statement came out, you had a clear opinion that you disagreed with it and thought it was unfair. Then almost instantly, you reverted back to going off on random tangents and now even claiming that you didnt initially properly read it to revert back to type and defend the club. You clearly still disagree with the club so why are you going so far out of your way to still defend it for something you dont agree with?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I know we dont! Can you please stop blabbering on about government guidelines and the doubt over next season, it has absolutely nothing to do with any of this! I know that we dont know when the stadium ban will end. When is irrelevant to the principle of allowing a clear alternative option to ifollow links of a deferred refund as a reduction of a season ticket WHENEVER that is.

People shouldnt have to contact the club and the timing shouldnt be in doubt, it should all be at the same time in the same place. Expecting a further statement down the line offering refunds is a cop out, its totally speculative, its unlikely, and it would only result as a reaction to negative press. Other clubs at this level have clearly stated the various options available, ifollow links as we have, plus refunds (both deferred and instantly claimable) and all the information at the same time, and not only is it good for their PR, but they will reap the benefits I suspect from that maintained supporter relationship when season tickets can next be bought.

We have gone down the routes of only offering ifollow links, and whether there is an element of doubt as to how legally binding it is or not, a plea and a guilt trip as to why we should not expect or try and claim refunds, and basically any potential for a season ticket holder not getting value from said ifollow links, whether it be lack of interest, numerous STH's in the same household, lack of computer nous, whatever, its just tough shit basically.

What is frustrating is that the statement came out, you had a clear opinion that you disagreed with it and thought it was unfair. Then almost instantly, you reverted back to going off on random tangents and now even claiming that you didnt initially properly read it to revert back to type and defend the club. You clearly still disagree with the club so why are you going so far out of your way to still defend it for something you dont agree with?

No I wont roversfan99! Yes it does have something to do with this. You disagree but it could be years before we even enter a football stadium again. Who knows. So it is very much part of this! 

If you are unhappy about the lack of the club in offering a refund or deferral option then yes you should make your points know in a email or phone call. No point just complaining on a message board bit make your feelings knows to the club. 

You asked me what I thought of the letter and the honest truth is I haven't read it properly cos I just quick scanned the letter as I always do with most letters and emails. That's what I always do. I don't need to read the letter properly. 

Quick phone call to Rovers ..definetely NO refunds.. "trying our best to recover as quick as possible " (at this moment in time anyway)

Mentioned the fact Two householders having season tickets ..told ..the situation doesnt suit everyone and they appreciate that .. although myself and my son can have different iFollow codes to watch on different devices  

phone no. 01254 372000 if anyone wants to ring themselves ..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I wont roversfan99! Yes it does have something to do with this. You disagree but it could be years before we even enter a football stadium again. Who knows. So it is very much part of this! 

If you are unhappy about the lack of the club in offering a refund or deferral option then yes you should make your points know in a email or phone call. No point just complaining on a message board bit make your feelings knows to the club. 

You asked me what I thought of the letter and the honest truth is I haven't read it properly cos I just quick scanned the letter as I always do with most letters and emails. That's what I always do. I don't need to read the letter properly.  

Have to admit this made me laugh. How on earth do you get through life Chaddy?!