BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yes, I did. Apologies.

By the way, is there no way you could connect a HDMI cable to your laptop and use your TV as a second screen?

Unfortunately not. I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and these don't have the ports.

I've tried multiple times to register or login to My Rovers using that link and no matter what I do it claims the email address is invalid (it isnt because I use it every day and havent changed it in years). There are no spelling mistakes.

Anyone else experience similar?

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've tried multiple times to register or login to My Rovers using that link and no matter what I do it claims the email address is invalid (it isnt because I use it every day and havent changed it in years). There are no spelling mistakes.

Yeap I tried yesterday without success but got tonight. 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Does exactly the same for me if I try to log in on my phone, works perfectly on the desktop though.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

It would not accept my date of birth.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Are you typing in your email or pasting?

Found that some login sites dont recognise an email if pasted/copied. Try typing in your email and same for the confirm email .

8 hours ago, Biddy said:

That’s usually down to the monitor, no?

My laptop has both a display port adapter and a usb-c. The latter is very versatile.

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Are you typing in your email or pasting?

Found that some login sites dont recognise an email if pasted/copied. Try typing in your email and same for the confirm email .

I was using my mobile. When I tried on my desktop it worked.

Cheers though.

• Like 1

can i not take a rebate deferral and have the money back at a later date or off next season ticket ,if its good enough for players not to loose out it should be good enough for supporters we have 4 season tickets and not going to watch games on 4 screens.Will have to see what happens when renewals come round if no discount might just pick my games from now on.

Edited by had.e.nuff

23 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

can i not take a rebate deferral and have the money back at a later date or off next season ticket ,if its good enough for players not to loose out it should be good enough for supporters we have 4 season tickets and not going to watch games on 4 screens.Will have to see what happens when renewals come round if no discount might just pick my games from now on.

You can all have Sodexo currency as a refund to spend on Tesco's super deals

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is 5 other Championship clubs who arent giving refunds to fans according to second tier podcast

These clubs are Barnsley, Birmingham, Bristol City, Preston and Reading

From Barnsley's web site

Due to this uncertainty and the need for urgent earnings to preserve the Club’s immediate financial future, seasonal passes will shortly be made available for the 2020/21 season at heavily discounted rates.  During the first month of sales, an exclusive ‘flat rate’ will be in operation across the stadium. If you opt to renew your seat, you will still be entitled to either donate your remaining 19/20 games  or claim a ‘four game flexi’.

Also, inline with trying to do the right thing for our supporters, if other options are deemed unsuitable, we will attempt to offer pro-rata refunds for those entitled to four home 2019/20 fixtures.

Despite this move being detremental to the Club (if 9,000+ seasonal members opt for refunds, significant strains will be exerted on our cash-flow (approximately -£400,000)), it is morally a necessity.

• Like 1

There is 5 other Championship clubs who arent giving refunds to fans according to second tier podcast

Barnsley, Birmingham and Bristol City have offered options rather than just watching on iFollow. It appears Preston and Reading treat their fans with the same disrespect that Rovers do.

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m going off on a tangent here, but Barnsley (Barnsley!) having more season ticket holders than Blackburn Rovers can offer no finer example of the marked decline of this great club under this abysmal ownership...

Barnsley get promoted from League One and harness that momentum and goodwill and use it to grow their fanbase.

We get promoted from League One and somehow manage to reduce our season ticket base whilst upping prices by nearly 20% across the board.

One club might be struggling on the pitch but at least knows the importance of treating fans with respect and the proof is in the numbers through the doors. Waggott will argue he has done his job on the balance sheets but the numbers of fans turning up suggest otherwise, and it is only going to go one way from here.

• Like 3

Does anyone know anyone who has a box or place in Jack's kitchen/Premier Suite?

Just wondering what the policy is towards those people who pay thousands a year to entertain guests. Are we really going to upset them too by giving them a password for I Follow?

Could be corporate suicide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/face-in-the-crowd2/

Asking for £25 or for a "VIP" version £45 for a cut out in the crowd.

Not sure how much take up this would ever get but the day after theyve stuck 2 fingers up to fans its just coming across as desperate rather than proactive.

Leeds are doing the same and calling them 'crowdies'. The big difference between them and us is that it's an option to take in lieu of missing games having paid for them.

Haven't we had several cardboard cutouts on the pitch for us recently though ???.

• Like 4

Context for the below post: My girlfriend is an ambulance attendant and was doing an interview with the EFL when she was surprised by Bradley Dack, you may have seen the video on social media. She has a season ticket at Rovers (thanks to me ;)) and he thanked her for her work and invited her to the training ground. Luckily for me I'm allowed to tag along. A nice feel-good story which made her day and made me even more immensley proud of her!

So..

Having defended the club earlier in the week, I was pretty shocked at their refunds stance. To now also be "offering" a cardboard cut out thingymabob for £25 is just plain rude and a massive "FU" to the Season Ticket holders who are feeling aggrieved. This should have been a free make-good situation, not another insane money maker.

Having expressed exactly those opinions online I was met with the following response:

"I bet you won't say that when you're at the training ground will you".

Absolute state of some of these people who are desperate to defend the indefensible, and use random non-related issues like my girlfriend's invitation to meet the players as a point scoring method. I find it so baffling to see some of the people on forums and social media who just defend the club by any means necessary even when it's clear they've messed up or gotten something wrong. Honestly the internet can be so toxic sometimes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Ok so I've had a productive day reading through the various options offered around the Championship and thinking about how Rovers compare to our rivals. As far as I can see only Preston and Reading come into the same group as us that being they are only offering one option of exchanging season tickets for access to IFollow. Nevertheless Preston have said that they are planning on rewarding fans next season for their loyalty which is more than Rovers have done (strange as Waggott himself suggested in May that he wanted to reward fans with discounts towards renewing season tickets yet there's absolutely no mention or suggestion of it in the club statement last week).

Other than that every other club is offering a range of options some which completely shame us and our treatment of fans.

Wigan are offering three options - a refund, I Follow access or credit for future purchases

Stoke - every season ticket holder has been credited with pro rata club cash to use how they want - towards online games, future purchases, donation or cash refund.

WBA - 3 options - cash refund, I Follow access, club cash for future buys or a donation

Derby - 5 options - cash refund, donation, 4 home game vouchers next year, 10% off next season ticket & I Follow access or 20% off next season ticket

Forest - cash refund, 10% off next year + pair of tickets for 2 cup games, I Follow access including digital programme or donation 

Birmingham - I Follow access, donation or 21% toward next season's ticket

Sheff Wed - donation, pro rata refund or credit to club account

Barnsley - donation, any 4 games next season, discount on season ticket or cash refund

Huddersfield - 4 options - default is IFollow access but can change to refund, donation or club credit

Leeds - donation, pro rata refund or 'bundle' including I Follow access, programmes & £50 retail voucher

Hull - refund or discounts for next season

Middlesbrough - refund or credit on future purchases - either way fans get free I Follow access

Millwall - I Follow access but can request refund 

Fulham - I Follow access, pro rata refund, credit to club account or donation

Brentford - I Follow access, refund, credit to club account or donation

Charlton - I Follow access, refund or credit for future purchases

QPR - Free access to I Follow and either a club credit or refund

Swansea - can select either a refund, online streaming (with 70% off club shop & 50% off ST if promoted) or 'lucky dip' with 70% off club shop and 50% off season ticket if promoted

Cardiff - cash refund, ticket office credit & I Follow access or donation

Bristol City - refund, donation to academy or ticket office credit

Luton - either a refund or donation to the club. If donating to the club you receive pack which includes I Follow access, programme, teamsheet and your name on next season's shirt.

So in view of the above i hope nobody thinks we are just doing what everyone else is doing. We've made a decision and it is going to cost us. 

Dreadful treatment of supporters and that's before we compare the wording of club statements, many of which treat fans with compassion, honesty and respect. Sadly we aren't even capable of that.

I think everyone can understand it is a tough situation and needs to be carefully managed. But to not offer any options or alternatives and basically say 'tough' to anyone unable or unwilling to use online streaming is terrible. 

Great research. Thanks for this, nice to see it all laid out.

• Like 1