35 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Quite frankly, there's a global pandemic occurring and if people fold their arms and demand to watch the game 'for real', tough. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't see another way other than showing it on a screen. If it is not done by passwords then anyone could watch it regardless of ticket history and we'd complain about that as season ticket holders.

There will always be those who aren't provided for. People living too far from Ewood can't sit in the Blackburn End. We don't demand the club charters flights.

Yes, but those people haven't already paid for something they now aren't getting.

If you live too far away then you don't buy a season ticket. Simple. 

If you don't have a laptop or internet you don't pay for IFollow. Simple.

What the club are trying to do is transfer something that was paid and signed up for last year into something completely different with no alternative for those who cannot or will not adopt it. 

Proof will be in the pudding. If Rovers are doing it right then how come so many are offering refund options?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A different take on the no refund policy and instead offering games on iFollow.

If the club offered STs next season on the following basis...

1) iFollow home and away games “for free” while games are BCD

2) A return to the ground at some point over the season (at which point iFollow would cease)

....would people pay £350+ for a 2021/22 ST?

I like this question! Do you actually mean 2020/21?

I think we both know the answer to this one Stuart! Not a chance, absolutely no chance. It's another reason why involving and considering the paying fan - not only the Sky subscribers - is so important. If the club want my money they have to offer something of reasonable quality. iFollow is laughable.

The next time I buy our two STs will be when I can sit in the ground. If I could Chromecast or similar on to the TV I'd consider it but not at £350 perhaps £100-150. I pay £96pa for Netflix and receive a good product. There are standards out there to compare with and with iFollow we are offered very little by comparison with other platforms. That's the problem the EFL has to overcome.

I'm surprised the thought of Chromecast hasn't been raised before. There is no way I'm going to sit at the dinner table hunched over a laptop for 90 minutes.

At present I doubt if I'll buy a full ST much before July 2021. Provided adequate measures are in place I'd expect to buy one for the home matches from March 1st 2021 onwards.

Edited by Paul

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A different take on the no refund policy and instead offering games on iFollow.

If the club offered STs next season on the following basis...

1) iFollow home and away games “for free” while games are BCD

2) A return to the ground at some point over the season (at which point iFollow would cease)

....would people pay £350+ for a 2021/22 ST?

No simple answer the 2021/22 would have to be discounted

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

would people pay £350+ for a 2021/22 ST?

No. Rovers will to adapt their price structure now. I understand Rovers's concerns over FFP but we need as many fans back as possible. 

Even if we return at start December time for an example, the club should be doing the season ticket for around 10 pounds per game. Football wont be everyone 1st priority so best to incentivise the best we can to get everyone back and even new fans. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Do you actually mean 2020/21?

Yes, I did. Apologies.

By the way, is there no way you could connect a HDMI cable to your laptop and use your TV as a second screen?

Can someone help I’m not really internet savvy but need to know how to set up I follow with my season ticket account, thanks in advance 

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yes, I did. Apologies.

By the way, is there no way you could connect a HDMI cable to your laptop and use your TV as a second screen?

Unfortunately not. I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and these don't have the ports.

I've tried multiple times to register or login to My Rovers using that link and no matter what I do it claims the email address is invalid (it isnt because I use it every day and havent changed it in years). There are no spelling mistakes.

Anyone else experience similar?

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've tried multiple times to register or login to My Rovers using that link and no matter what I do it claims the email address is invalid (it isnt because I use it every day and havent changed it in years). There are no spelling mistakes.

Yeap I tried yesterday without success but got tonight. 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Does exactly the same for me if I try to log in on my phone, works perfectly on the desktop though.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

It would not accept my date of birth.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Are you typing in your email or pasting?

Found that some login sites dont recognise an email if pasted/copied. Try typing in your email and same for the confirm email .

8 hours ago, Biddy said:

That’s usually down to the monitor, no?

My laptop has both a display port adapter and a usb-c. The latter is very versatile.

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Are you typing in your email or pasting?

Found that some login sites dont recognise an email if pasted/copied. Try typing in your email and same for the confirm email .

I was using my mobile. When I tried on my desktop it worked.

Cheers though.

Posted (edited)

can i not take a rebate deferral and have the money back at a later date or off next season ticket ,if its good enough for players not to loose out it should be good enough for supporters we have 4 season tickets and not going to watch games on 4 screens.Will have to see what happens when renewals come round if no discount might just pick my games from now on.

Edited by had.e.nuff

There is 5 other Championship clubs who arent giving refunds to fans according to second tier podcast

These clubs are Barnsley, Birmingham, Bristol City, Preston and Reading

23 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

can i not take a rebate deferral and have the money back at a later date or off next season ticket ,if its good enough for players not to loose out it should be good enough for supporters we have 4 season tickets and not going to watch games on 4 screens.Will have to see what happens when renewals come round if no discount might just pick my games from now on.

You can all have Sodexo currency as a refund to spend on Tesco's super deals

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is 5 other Championship clubs who arent giving refunds to fans according to second tier podcast

From Barnsley's web site

Due to this uncertainty and the need for urgent earnings to preserve the Club’s immediate financial future, seasonal passes will shortly be made available for the 2020/21 season at heavily discounted rates.  During the first month of sales, an exclusive ‘flat rate’ will be in operation across the stadium. If you opt to renew your seat, you will still be entitled to either donate your remaining 19/20 games  or claim a ‘four game flexi’.

Also, inline with trying to do the right thing for our supporters, if other options are deemed unsuitable, we will attempt to offer pro-rata refunds for those entitled to four home 2019/20 fixtures.

Despite this move being detremental to the Club (if 9,000+ seasonal members opt for refunds, significant strains will be exerted on our cash-flow (approximately -£400,000)), it is morally a necessity.

Barnsley, Birmingham and Bristol City have offered options rather than just watching on iFollow. It appears Preston and Reading treat their fans with the same disrespect that Rovers do.

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m going off on a tangent here, but Barnsley (Barnsley!) having more season ticket holders than Blackburn Rovers can offer no finer example of the marked decline of this great club under this abysmal ownership...

Barnsley get promoted from League One and harness that momentum and goodwill and use it to grow their fanbase.

We get promoted from League One and somehow manage to reduce our season ticket base whilst upping prices by nearly 20% across the board.

One club might be struggling on the pitch but at least knows the importance of treating fans with respect and the proof is in the numbers through the doors. Waggott will argue he has done his job on the balance sheets but the numbers of fans turning up suggest otherwise, and it is only going to go one way from here.