BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

6 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Has anybody actually written to the club requesting/demanding a pro-rata ST refund?  If so, what was the written response?

I asked ' How do I claim a refund for my ST and car park pass'

Waiting for a reply from the ticket office

I find all this astonishing, and quite depressing really.

Rovers are my 2nd team ( but the only one I have had a season ticket with since 1972).

My first team are The Pars. They have had their season finished early. Although the club made an offer to the fans, so far not one fan has asked for it back.

In fact they have been actively raising money to keep the club alive.

I just can't get my head around all this.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sabino said:

Rovers are my 2nd team ( but the only one I have had a season ticket with since 1972).

My first team are The Pars. They have had their season finished early. Although the club made an offer to the fans, so far not one fan has asked for it back.

I work with a Pars fan, a superb club. I also see Hearts are now suing the SPFL for what they describe as unfair treatment - I know a good few Hearts fans who think they should just get on with things and try and smash the championship next season. 

1 hour ago, sabino said:

And therein lies the difference. Rovers are simply not offering a refund or any other option but instead trying to make fans feel bad about asking for one. And there wasn't any other options.

I can speak for several people I have had contact with In the last few days who to a man said that Rovers could have kept their money before that communication last Thursday. For us it's absolutely not about the money.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So we can only watch on either laptop or Pc or phone or tablet..chrome casting to TV will be blocked..best option high powered PC using your TV as a monitor....

but WTF is the refund or discount or even roversstore voucher for us season ticket holders ??? Poor from Waggott etc

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Athlete said:

So we can only watch on either laptop or Pc or phone or tablet..chrome casting to TV will be blocked..best option high powered PC using your TV as a monitor....

but WTF is the refund or discount or even roversstore voucher for us season ticket holders ??? Poor from Waggott etc

Where have you seen that about casting being blocked? I can’t see that anywhere....

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, rigger said:

There is not going to be a refund. Get over it.

I’ve nothing to get over, just think it’s poor to not at least address it properly 

K-Hod - I don’t think you can cast I follow, I’ll probably use my code on the MacBook  then hopefully use over Apple TV if it’s an option but not expecting to be able to 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Anybody else anticipating an ifollow debacle on Saturday? (Obviously wouldn’t just be a Rovers issue).

EFL servers will be overrun. Looking at over a 1000% increase in usage on their platform nationwide across all 72 clubs. Depends if they've prepared properly.

38 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Where have you seen that about casting being blocked? I can’t see that anywhere....

Casting is blocked in general on iFollow, doesn't let you do it under normal circumstances as an offshore viewer on a Saturday or as a mainland UK viewer midweek. Haven't seen anything to suggest they'll be allowing it.

Can always HDMI into the TV

47 minutes ago, Athlete said:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I've rarely watched a stream on my laptop before, but wouldn't that make the picture worse?

My experience of watching the red button has been that the better quality HD your TV is the worse the stream looks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Anybody else anticipating an ifollow debacle on Saturday? (Obviously wouldn’t just be a Rovers issue).

I genuinely can't remember an iFollow broadcast which hasn't had some technical issue at some point.

I anticipate nothing but a mess.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Whingers of the world unite - you have nothing to lose but your season tickets.

I have a bit of sympathy for where you're coming from with that comment, but can you imagine ANY other business in this day and age going:

"We're going to be offering you an inferior product to the one which we agreed and advertised, we hope you'll just let it slide and not ask for a refund now or expect any sort of credit note in future.'

The customer is king and a refund should have been offered as part of a full range of options.

It is only right that, in business, if somebody has pre-paid for a service and you are not able to fulfil your responsibility you offer the chance of a full refund or alternative. It wouldn't have meant diddly squat for the club in real terms.

I'd say out of the 8k (?) ticket holders it would only be a maximum of 5k who would apply for the refund. Some rough maths tells:

On an average ticket of £299 per season, spread over 23 games = £13 per game

4 home games left = £52

£52 for 5k supporters = £260,000.

Is £260,000 really that big of a figure that the club wouldn't at least risk the chance that people claim the refund?

Even if all 8k supporters claimed it is only a liability of £416,000. Again, in the grand scheme of football, is that figure substantial enough for Rovers to potentially turn away a few ST holders?

As the iFollow is a credible alternative given the current circumstances then the refund should have been calculated as the pro-ratad difference between iFollow subscription and a ST, even then only as an "option".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have a bit of sympathy for where you're coming from with that comment, but can you imagine ANY other business in this day and age going:

"We're going to be offering you an inferior product to the one which we agreed and advertised, we hope you'll just let it slide and not ask for a refund now or expect any sort of credit note in future.'

The customer is king and a refund should have been offered as part of a full range of options.

1. The bind of club with supporter goes beyond other businesses - supporters not customers

2. See future offers

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

EFL servers will be overrun. Looking at over a 1000% increase in usage on their platform nationwide across all 72 clubs. Depends if they've prepared properly.

Well with League One and Two not continuing that takes all their games out of the equation plus a lot of the Championship games are  staggered kick offs/days ..im presuming thats to maybe help with the  burden of iFollow maybe getting swamped.

Again only the Championship to worry about should really not be a problem ...he says!!

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

1. The bind of club with supporter goes beyond other businesses - supporters not customers

2. See future offers

It's still a business.

Ideal scenario: Rovers do all they can by offering a full range of options including a refund.

Fans recognise the Club are doing their best and no-one asks for a refund.

Obviously in practice a few would ask for a refund but the way we've gone about it seems the worst possible approach to me.

As for "future offers" what future offers? I'm not aware of any to press. It seems to me that the Club are dipping their toes in the water and seeing if they can get away with it and will only grudgingly offer any sort of concession if people kick up enough fuss. 

All very grubby and unseemly looking and completely lacking in class.

• Like 6

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

You have a fair point about supporters not equalling customers. Although I see it in a different light to you. We are better than customers. We guarantee repeat purchasing and will stick with the brand despite any potential PR nightmares, ie: Venky's. It is for that reason why we should be treat better than an avaerage customer down Asda for example.

Yet, if I prepaid for my online shopping at Asda, and they didn't have the product, they'd either supply an alternative or provide a refund. Rovers are not offering that same consumer protection. 

What Rovers have offered is good for some people, like myself, but for someone like my Grandad it is pointless. He doesn't even have internet at his house so how, in the current climate, can I make sure that a man who has been going for over 50 years is seeing a) his football and b) value for his hard earned money? By rights my Grandad should receive a credit refund of £52 from the club. He won't though, because the option to use iFollow is available....if you have internet.

The Club has let my Grandad down massively. He's never let them down, bought his ticket every year, got all his grandkids replica tops, season tickets, hats, scarves, programs. The only time in his life when he's probably looked at the club for something back and the men in charge are nowhere to be seen. Sadly it is exactly what we have come to expect from the current management of Blackburn Rovers.

Future offers for the old boy ?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's still a business.

Ideal scenario: Rovers do all they can by offering a full range of options including a refund.

Fans recognise the Club are doing their best and no-one asks for a refund.

Obviously in practice a few would ask for a refund but the way we've gone about it seems the worst possible approach to me.

As for "future offers" what future offers? I'm not aware of any to press. It seems to me that the Club are dipping their toes in the water and seeing if they can get away with it and will only grudgingly offer any sort of concession if people kick up enough fuss. 

All very grubby and unseemly looking and completely lacking in class.

You wrote the Trust should go ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Future offers for the old boy ?

To be truthful he doesn't care. He never kicked up a fuss about the refund or not being able to see the games. He's firmly in the category of "I watch my Rovers games in the ground". It was more my beef with the clubs actions. 

He has Sky and will be kept entertained by the PL, so as a family we aren't particularly "put out" by what has gone on. However, in business terms, if another company had treat my grandad in the same fashion they would not receive another penny from us. In my eyes that is taking advantage of your consumers because, and the club realises this, we aren't "just customers".